Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/09/2006
Offline
4587 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

ketexan wrote:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Tiger-Woods-ambassador-of-sports-except-for-ho?u...

 

Tiger took a shot at the NHL the other day.  When asked about game 5 of the NHL finals Tiger said "I don't really care," he said with an impish smile. "It's all about the Dodgers. I don't think anyone really watches hockey anymore."

 

Is he right?  How were the numbers for the match-up that was supposed to save hockey?


How ironic he would say that, when golf shouldn't even be considered a sport. Not only that but nobody ever watched or cared about golf.

kobe signature
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/03/2003
Offline
10950 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

that "letter" from the NHL is right, people don't tune in to watch golf, they tune in cause ESPN hyped some story line involving tiger woods (see winning all majors in one calander year)

 

 when tiger is not playing, I don't think a soul is watching...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/19/2007
Online
8671 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

s*PLAYA* wrote:

that "letter" from the NHL is right, people don't tune in to watch golf, they tune in cause ESPN hyped some story line involving tiger woods (see winning all majors in one calander year)

 

 when tiger is not playing, I don't think a soul is watching...


Do they even televise golf tourneys that tiger isn't playing in?


~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19011 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

PSThreezy wrote:

s*PLAYA* wrote:

that "letter" from the NHL is right, people don't tune in to watch golf, they tune in cause ESPN hyped some story line involving tiger woods (see winning all majors in one calander year)

when tiger is not playing, I don't think a soul is watching...


Do they even televise golf tourneys that tiger isn't playing in?



Acually yes. I dont know why but for some reason a lot of people I know LOVE watching golf, whether Tiger is playing or not. Personally I like watching more when Tiger isn't playing because you get to see everyone else a lot more.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/19/2007
Online
8671 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

BlueIce5249 wrote:

PSThreezy wrote:

s*PLAYA* wrote:

that "letter" from the NHL is right, people don't tune in to watch golf, they tune in cause ESPN hyped some story line involving tiger woods (see winning all majors in one calander year)

 

when tiger is not playing, I don't think a soul is watching...


Do they even televise golf tourneys that tiger isn't playing in?



Acually yes. I dont know why but for some reason a lot of people I know LOVE watching golf, whether Tiger is playing or not. Personally I like watching more when Tiger isn't playing because you get to see everyone else a lot more.

 

Oh ok.

 

/sarcasm


~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 06/24/2004
Offline
11128 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008
Golf is old people sport to watch. Also Tiger is kinda right no one really does watch hockey. It got watched alot this year because of whats been happening with the sport.
 photo trio-1_zps15ffde0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/29/2006
Offline
10100 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

bigace000 wrote:
Golf is old people sport to watch. Also Tiger is kinda right no one really does watch hockey. It got watched alot this year because of whats been happening with the sport.

I guess Canadians and Europeans no longer classify as human beings anymore...?

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 06/24/2004
Offline
11128 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:

bigace000 wrote:
Golf is old people sport to watch. Also Tiger is kinda right no one really does watch hockey. It got watched alot this year because of whats been happening with the sport.

I guess Canadians and Europeans no longer classify as human beings anymore...?


 
Well thats in Canadian unless tiger said around the world who watches hockey? He proably meant in the U.S.. U.S., Euro, Canadians are on different borders. So I say as far as U.S. I don't think many watch it unless it stanley cup. In canadian I know they watch it ALOT. I have alot of canadian friends and all they talk about is hockey. Europeans not so many of them talk about it. 

 

 photo trio-1_zps15ffde0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/18/2007
Offline
6722 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 9, 2008

WhiteOutOnce wrote:

People watch golf?


 

lol more than the NHL these days
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/05/2007
Offline
3754 posts
 

Re: Tiger takes a shot at the NHL

Jun 10, 2008

Hockey...I hate that sport...Expecially watching it.  I mean someone scores (and most of the time its on a little poke or some lucky/ unintended shot) and you go "GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!....now what the hell just happened."  Then you need to watch the damn replay about 5 times to actually get it, and for me the scoring is too low as well with a high scoring game here and there.  Also i feel like im watching zig zaging for on and on and on and on and on...back and forth back and forth...

 

Thats just me, i never got a grasp on the sport, tried, just can't 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 46 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes