Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2008
By: TyBo5 Wastelander 829 posts

The Truth About Favre

33 replies 1 views Edited Jul 3, 2008

I've read so many ridiculous posts about Brett. It's hard to step away from the game. I played my senior season of high school football this year and there's not one night I don't still think about playing. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to step away from PROFESSIONAL football. He's been playing all of his life. It's hard for me to step away from high school football and not try to play in college. Brett Favre is a good man. IMO, besides MJ, he's the athlete that plays with the most heart out of anyone I've ever seen. The man came out and put on a performance of a lifetime on Monday Night Football after his father died. Not just any pro athlete can do something like that. I do agree in the essence that he needs to make up his mind. I just feel that many can't begin to understand what he must be going through. I mean it would make me sick to leave a team that is Super Bowl caliber. Think how stupid he will feel if Rodgers leads them to a Super Bowl win in a couple years. He knows the Packers are pretty close. And from the Packers point of view, you are in a difficult situation. How can you not accept a legend like Brett back as your leader? And also, do you have the balls to release your franchise's legacy to another team? Because this is what will happen. The Packers may look like fools if they release Brett and then Brett signs with a team like the Minnesota Vikings that is a QB away from a Super Bowl caliber team. Not to mention the first game of the season is Vikes vs. Packers in Green Bay. All I'm saying is that I think that Brett Favre deserves a little more respect. Ease up guys. He's torn between giving it up and playing. He still has that fire inside of him to compete.

Message Edited by TyBo on 07-03-2008 12:36 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Re: The Truth About Favre

Jul 3, 2008

He's not coming back.

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Brett Favre dismissed an ESPN report that he's considering coming out of retirement as "all rumor."

Favre responded Wednesday to the ESPN report by telling his hometown newspaper Web site, SunHerald.com in Gulfport, Miss., that "it's all rumor."

The paper reported that Favre sent a text message saying there's "no reason" for a media frenzy.

http://www.startribune.com/22827154.html

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
829 posts

Jul 3, 2008

offdah3z wrote:

He's not coming back.

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Brett Favre dismissed an ESPN report that he's considering coming out of retirement as "all rumor."

Favre responded Wednesday to the ESPN report by telling his hometown newspaper Web site, SunHerald.com in Gulfport, Miss., that "it's all rumor."

The paper reported that Favre sent a text message saying there's "no reason" for a media frenzy.

I must say though that he may be saying that to make it not as big of a deal. Think about it. If there was no truth to it and he was going to go out of his way to make a statement, wouldn't he just straight up deny instead of say it's a rumor? Hmm...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Jul 3, 2008

offdah3z wrote:

He's not coming back.

well, you just never know. In today

July 3: Brett Favre's family spoke out about rumors of Favre's desire to return to the NFL. "I think it's 50-50," Favre's brother, Scott Favre, said. "There's no doubt he can play. He's in good shape, he's working out, we know he can still play, he's healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me." nfl.com via Milwaukee Journal

you just never know. And as the OP pointed out. It not easy to give up and call it quits. We saw MJ do it, we saw Clemens do it, and I'm sure there's been others. Crap, even Rickey Henderson has been trying to get back into the MLB in his late 40s and recently even as old as 50 I think... 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13351 posts

Jul 3, 2008
imo he should stay retired. aaron rodgers has worked all winter on a new offense/playbook and to have favre come in and take over now, would not be good for the packers. granted, favre is one of the best, if not the best qb ever, but his time is over. the packers need to move on and see if rodgers can be the man in green bay. if favre comes back and has a bad year, it wont affect his hof candidacy at all, but maybe his legacy will be not so great. but if he has a good to great year with a playoff berth, then it will be a story and season for the ages.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Jul 3, 2008
tybo....i have absolutely NOOO problem with him coming back this season...he is a great qb. this im going to play no im going to retire routine needs to stop. he shouldnt wait soooo long to let the packers know what he is going to do. its not fair to the team and it sure isnt fair to aaron rodgers. imagine how he feels....always having to wonder. well thats my 2 cents anyways.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6722 posts

Jul 3, 2008
he could still play for at least 5 years. look at last year, if Brady and Moss werent on the same team then Brett would have earned MVP number 4 which is amazing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14072 posts

Jul 3, 2008
I don't think he'll come back. He's getting to old and playing a whole nother year can really hurt him. Still rogers is good and i do see him winning a super bowl.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Jul 4, 2008

TyBo wrote:

offdah3z wrote:

He's not coming back.

I must say though that he may be saying that to make it not as big of a deal. Think about it. If there was no truth to it and he was going to go out of his way to make a statement, wouldn't he just straight up deny instead of say it's a rumor? Hmm...

well when he said that there no reason for them to say that he wants to play and its all a rumor then that sounds like he denying it. ESPN has nothing else to say because its slow so they bring something like this up, and its Favre because everyone knows Favre gathers attention.

Message Edited by PACKmanN GB on 07-03-2008 06:41 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Jul 4, 2008
ESPN wouldnt bring this up if Favre could make his mind up. Its the same thing just like it has been the past few years with him.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes