Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2283 posts

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa Thread *GET THE PARTY STARTED

Jun 26, 2010

Well that's it for USA. I wonder how Ghana will handle Uruguay. I expect Forlan to tear them apart.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 271 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4909 posts

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ South Africa Thread *GET THE PARTY STARTED

Jun 26, 2010
man that sucked. i really like the US this year.

well at least there is still an african team representing the continent.

as for uruguay vs ghana, i have to support teams from south america. VAMOS URUGAY VAMOS!!!! luis suarez will destroy ghana

Please use plain text.
Message 272 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4778 posts

Jun 26, 2010

Yea sucks USA lost:smileysad:, whatever we weren't suppose to make it far. Now go Netherlands!

Please use plain text.
Message 273 of 430 (15 Views)
Fender Bender
3093 posts

Jun 26, 2010

Ya know, I'm not really mad the we lost (disappointed yeah but not mad), and props to Ghana for overall playing better than the US, but holy **bleep** are the Ghana players a disgrace to soccer and possibly all of sports in general. I get trying to take your time and waste the clock but to fake like 10 different injuries? C'mon now...this is exactly why the majority of Americans do not take soccer as seriously as the rest of the world. The skill these players have is phenomenal and there's no doubt that getting kicked in the shin, stepped on from behind, and getting an elbow to the head during a jump are painful but for gods sake, when you fall on your ass you do not lay there and act like your neck is broken and you're now paralyzed. It's a stain on the game of soccer just like steroids are a stain on the game of baseball. 

Please use plain text.
Message 274 of 430 (15 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Jun 26, 2010

I wonder how many americans will hate Football after this.

Well whatever, I've still got other teams to root for.

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Please use plain text.
Message 275 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12044 posts

Jun 26, 2010

wh33ls1493 wrote:

Ya know, I'm not really mad the we lost (disappointed yeah but not mad), and props to Ghana for overall playing better than the US, but holy **bleep** are the Ghana players a disgrace to soccer and possibly all of sports in general. I get trying to take your time and waste the clock but to fake like 10 different injuries? C'mon now...this is exactly why the majority of Americans do not take soccer as seriously as the rest of the world. The skill these players have is phenomenal and there's no doubt that getting kicked in the shin, stepped on from behind, and getting an elbow to the head during a jump are painful but for gods sake, when you fall on your ass you do not lay there and act like your neck is broken and you're now paralyzed. It's a stain on the game of soccer just like steroids are a stain on the game of baseball. 

It was pretty pathetic. Same goes for the game yesterday when both teams passed the ball back and forth for 15 minutes. Thank god I dont have to care again for 4 more years.

Please use plain text.
Message 276 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Jun 26, 2010

wh33ls1493 wrote:

yep exactly. american football is a mans sport. id like to see players faking injuries in the nfl and see how that goes. well i had my fill of soccer. back to it in 4 years.

Please use plain text.
Message 277 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Jun 26, 2010

Well With the US and The Serbs Eliminated. LETS GO GERMANY!! NETHERLANDS BETTER WIN IT!!

Само слога Србина спасава-Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava

Please use plain text.
Message 278 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Jun 27, 2010

USA being gone gets my spirits down, but hopefully the Netherlands or Argentina will do work in the knockout stage.

Please use plain text.
Message 279 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2280 posts

Jun 27, 2010

wh33ls1493 wrote:

Yeah, I absolutely hate when players fake like that and the african teams take that to the limit. I absolutely support the use of replays for cases like this. It would help the sport so much. But don't judge the sport solely on this rare cases. Football (or soccer as you guys call it) is a great sport and referees need to be harsh since some players are indeed too physical like some ending-careers injuries have prove it.

Anyway, I don't see how the occasional faking can be the reason why the sport isn't popular in America. You got to remember millions of people there are die hard WWE fans I would say that the fact that many other sports are big in America (american football, baseball, basketball, etc) is what makes soccer not that appealing. I mean, many of you have probably grown up watching those sports and not soccer. In my country is quite the opposite. Soccer is the big sport here and every kid grows up watching it. That's why many others sports aren't followed as much here..

Please use plain text.
Message 280 of 430 (15 Views)
0 Likes