Re: The A's got ROBBED

Jul 9, 2008

WhiteOutOnce wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

WhiteOutOnce wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

Tiller2dapiller wrote:

Randy06 wrote:
and we may only have a ''BEARLY'' better record but once againg waht do i care what the payroll is its no sweat off my arse

Actually, it is barely. Learn to spell.

its called sarcasm, kid

Seems like buying all your talent isn't working for the Yankees is it?

we havent done that the past few years we are in a rebuilding year using our farm system for once, and bringing up kids, but its also pretty cool that during a rebuilding year we are in contention....and the way pettite and moose have been pitchin this year has helped

Jeter,Arod,Abreu,Cano,Posada,Giambi.How many years and what players will it take for the rebuilding to be done?
huh? cano, melky, gardner, wang, joba, hughes, kennedy all from us so i dunno what you are saying giambi will be gone after this year and jeter is a lifelong yankee

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1723 posts

Jul 9, 2008
I'm saying that the Yankees have a ton of talent on their team. How are they rebuilding?
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Jul 9, 2008
beacuse we are trying to bring up young guys and rebuild our pitching from within instead of overpaying for people which is why we didnt get santana.....
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1723 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Randy06 wrote:
beacuse we are trying to bring up young guys and rebuild our pitching from within instead of overpaying for people which is why we didnt get santana.....

I thought the Yankees didn't get Santana because they found out Pettite or Mussina(can't remember which one) was gonna come back to pitch.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Jul 9, 2008

WhiteOutOnce wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

I thought the Yankees didn't get Santana because they found out Pettite or Mussina(can't remember which one) was gonna come back to pitch.
na we didnt wanna give up our young guys they wanted hughes and kennedy plus cano or melky i think we made a good choice...santana hasnt been stellar lately

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7593 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Randy06 wrote:

No, the yankees offered a $140/7 year deal to Santana if they could get the trade done. They didn't have enough talent.

Man, a rebuilding team costing over $200MM!

You said cano, melky, gardner, wang, joba, hughes, kennedy are rebuilding?

• Wang has been in the MLB for 3 years, and he isn't exactly a rookie with Japan.
  • You guys haven't had a CF since Bernie, so that doesn't count.
  • Gardner is basically a bench player since Damon is out, and a lot of teams have rookies like that as bench players that take over after injuries.
  • Cano, well, he has been there since 2006, he batted .300 or so his past 2 seasons, but just sucks this year, doesn't count.
  • Hughes has barely pitched this year
  • Kennedy, well, is he even in the majors?
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Tiller2dapiller wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

No, the yankees offered a $140/7 year deal to Santana if they could get the trade done. They didn't have enough talent.

Man, a rebuilding team costing over $200MM!

You said cano, melky, gardner, wang, joba, hughes, kennedy are rebuilding?

• Wang has been in the MLB for 3 years, and he isn't exactly a rookie with Japan.
  • You guys haven't had a CF since Bernie, so that doesn't count.
  • Gardner is basically a bench player since Damon is out, and a lot of teams have rookies like that as bench players that take over after injuries.
  • Cano, well, he has been there since 2006, he batted .300 or so his past 2 seasons, but just sucks this year, doesn't count.
  • Hughes has barely pitched this year
  • Kennedy, well, is he even in the majors?

dude why do you keep bringing up payroll like i care it has no effect on the fans, we dont care....and cano is hitting .394 as of late and has a 6 game hitting streak going at the moment....and we have been playing rookies like gardener, christian, edwar, raz etc

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Jul 9, 2008
o and cano just had his second rbi of the game as the yanks go up 5-0 over the rays
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7593 posts

Jul 9, 2008
No, I don't care about .394 over a WOW 6 Game hitting streak! Unless he can be like Chipper and hit .390 so far instead of his .250, he sucks.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6335 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Tiller2dapiller wrote:
No, I don't care about .394 over a WOW 6 Game hitting streak! Unless he can be like Chipper and hit .390 so far instead of his .250, he sucks.
ok

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 92 (0 Views)
0 Likes