Highlighted
Jun 05 2008
By: PieceOfReese Keyblade Wielder 10950 posts

Thanks for the memories.........

10 replies 1 views Edited Jun 5, 2008

The hardest thing about sports is the turnover rate. Guys come, guys go on a regular basis and it sucks.

I'm sure most of you are like me, very passionate about sports, we feel like we are apart of the game and literally become attatched to the players.......When they leave, it's like a family member moving away, it's a horrible feeling..............

Hossa, Dupuis, Malone, Orpik, Hall and roberts just a few guys that my penguins most likely will be skating without next year, and it sucks.

Hossa came to pittsburgh and was just loved by the fans, and media, he has a great personality for Pitts-town and to know he is leaving sucks, the last on-ice image I have of him is him propped against the boards, head down in defeat..........

but in the end, thank you............The memories the and fun you guy's helped the penguins fans enjoy this year was irreplaceable, and enjoyable.

It was a great one, and I look forward to following your careers further, which hopefully doesn't include anyone beating us on a nasty wristshot in a OT game....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Message 1 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Re: Thanks for the memories.........

Jun 5, 2008

s*PLAYA* wrote:

The hardest thing about sports is the turnover rate. Guys come, guys go on a regular basis and it sucks.

I'm sure most of you are like me, very passionate about sports, we feel like we are apart of the game and literally become attatched to the players.......When they leave, it's like a family member moving away, it's a horrible feeling..............

Hossa, Dupuis, Malone, Orpik, Hall and roberts just a few guys that my penguins most likely will be skating without next year, and it sucks.

Hossa came to pittsburgh and was just loved by the fans, and media, he has a great personality for Pitts-town and to know he is leaving sucks, the last on-ice image I have of him is him propped against the boards, head down in defeat..........

but in the end, thank you............The memories the and fun you guy's helped the penguins fans enjoy this year was irreplaceable, and enjoyable.

It was a great one, and I look forward to following your careers further, which hopefully doesn't include anyone beating us on a nasty wristshot in a OT game....

Im with you on that, and I hope the Pens decide to keep as many of those guys as they can and trade of Malkin. "But Grim, you're crazy!" Heck no Im not. THOSE players have some class and I bet most of them will take a discount to play as a team for seasons to come, like their leader did. Malkin is in it for himself. He bombed in the finals, he showed no composure or heart until Game 6. Injured? Maybe. But who wasn't? And he's made it clear that he won't take a discount to stay in Pitts, and there is no way you can sign Malkin, albeit a top 10 player, for more money then Sidney Crosby, a 1A or 1B player in the league.

Grim Truth a.k.a. MikeGrm
Message 2 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Jun 5, 2008
They have to find a way to sign Staal long term. Staal was huge for the Pens, the problem is if you want Staal, Malkin is gone. Here's a crazy scenario, Columbus is in dire need of a number 1 centre, maybe package Malkin for Nash?  Kovalchuk is disgruntled in Atlanta, work something out with them again?
Message Edited by PROSTITOT on 06-05-2008 10:40 AM
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous
Message 3 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jun 5, 2008

PROSTITOT wrote:
They have to find a way to sign Staal long term. Staal was huge for the Pens, the problem is if you want Staal, Malkin is gone. Here's a crazy scenario, Columbus is in dire need of a number 1 centre, maybe package Malkin for Nash?  Kovalchuk is disgruntled in Atlanta, work something out with them again?

Ive heard a lot of rumors Makin for Nash. And Nash is a good ol' Canadian boy and frankly, I want Canadians on my team because I KNOW they'd rather win then be rich superstars. I can't promise that with every Euro player, but I know Nash'd come in and give Pitts a premium, and if Staal was promised 2nd line Centre work, he'd give a premium too. M-A Fleury probably deserves top goalie money but I expect him to take less too.

Grim Truth a.k.a. MikeGrm
Message 4 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Jun 5, 2008

GrimTruth wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Ive heard a lot of rumors Makin for Nash. And Nash is a good ol' Canadian boy and frankly, I want Canadians on my team because I KNOW they'd rather win then be rich superstars. I can't promise that with every Euro player, but I know Nash'd come in and give Pitts a premium, and if Staal was promised 2nd line Centre work, he'd give a premium too. M-A Fleury probably deserves top goalie money but I expect him to take less too.

Just look what Nash did with some real line mates.  Imagine him and Crosby.  I do know that most Euro players want the paycheque but you can't really blame them. Hockey is our culture where it's a way to make a living anywhere else.  I know a good strong Euro centre that could help the Pens out next year, Sundin.  Maybe the Pens will make a pitch for Perry, who I can't believe isn't signed yet.

Message 5 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Jun 5, 2008
This is all just countdown for one of the most exciting days of the year, July 1, beginning of free agency and Canada day.
Message 6 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Jun 5, 2008

s*PLAYA* wrote:

It is sad to see the idea of Hossa, Malone, Orpik and others leave as they played great in the post-season. Is is going to be hard for Ray Shero to try to keep this team together as many of the Pittsburgh players can command $2-4 Million on the free agent market and with the expected Salary Cap to be around $53 Million, I'm not sure if they can keep Hossa, Malone and others, unless they are willing to take a pay cut to try to win it again next year. As for many of of the previous teams that were able to make it to the finals, but came up short, getting back to the finals is the hardiest thing to do, and this maybe true for the Penguins as they must try to get over the loss in the finals and refocus for the next season.
Message 7 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2579 posts

Jun 5, 2008

IndyStormIanAmy800 wrote:

s*PLAYA* wrote:

It is sad to see the idea of Hossa, Malone, Orpik and others leave as they played great in the post-season. Is is going to be hard for Ray Shero to try to keep this team together as many of the Pittsburgh players can command $2-4 Million on the free agent market and with the expected Salary Cap to be around $53 Million, I'm not sure if they can keep Hossa, Malone and others, unless they are willing to take a pay cut to try to win it again next year. As for many of of the previous teams that were able to make it to the finals, but came up short, getting back to the finals is the hardiest thing to do, and this maybe true for the Penguins as they must try to get over the loss in the finals and refocus for the next season.

Just reading through this thread and it reminds me so much of what happened to my favorite team... the Buffalo Sabres.

Did really well for a couple of seasons, which jacked everyones price up, then this year we didn't even make the playoffs.

So sad.

The Penguins have the saving grace though in Crosby. That's big. What do we have? Vanek?

Message 8 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Jun 5, 2008
uh...........Hockey.
Message 9 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10950 posts

Jun 5, 2008

Ngarciaparra5 wrote:
uh...........Hockey.

uh.........Nomar Garciaparra? and you think you have taste? 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Message 10 of 11 (1 View)
0 Likes