Aug 25 2010
By: JBSleek Lombax Warrior 97 posts

Skate 4

5 replies 20 views Edited Aug 25, 2010

First, skateboarding is a sport. Now I know Skate 4 won't be coming out till late 2011 early 2012. 

-I would like a Snowboarding edition.

For example you get a call to go the mountains and try it out. once you win in a death race it's unlocked you can play in free skate.

That's all I really want alongside some new locations with new tricks and maybe being able to compete in the X Games would be cool.

-Retired CoD Player-
-Electronic Arts Supporter-
Message 1 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Re: Skate 4

Aug 25, 2010

JBSleek wrote:

First, skateboarding is a sport.

who ever said it wasnt?

Message 2 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Aug 26, 2010

Well in my opinion, skating isn't a sport but yada yada, it is.

Message 3 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3397 posts

Aug 26, 2010

I believe they need to take there time with this one. Skate 3 was pretty much Skate 2 in a diffrent city and a dark slide. Not much of an improvement. I also feel Skate 3 was just felt like it was getting stale. I pretty much did pointless pictures and etc.

What do I think they need?

• More Serious/intriguing Story-Skate has had a pretty stupid story. I actually want to start again. I want to start as a skater trying to make it pro and see the struggles of making it all the way(think T.H.U.G)
  • Diffrent Egine/Graphics- Its starting to look the same so they need to make a new graphics engine so we can have a better looking game(not that the graphics are bad but, its just to similar
  • Time Spent
  • X games! Why did you guys get rid of that? I thought it was really creative to use the X games and use the ESPN rights to there advantage. Bring it Back! We want that back! Atleast I do
  • Random stuff to do- Maybe get a hair cut, Some detailed tattoos at tatoo parlor, Option to maybe ride a bike(just though it would be cool), ways to make money and actually use it like buying clothes. Skating to make money and etc. Local competitions to earn some money.
  • Skater Life- There is no real way to emulate a skaters life but, Tony Hawks Underground gave me that feeling with there story. If they can immerse the player into actually liking there character and making the created character interesting then do it!
  • New City- Maybe it would be nice to start off in an old ghetto city and eventually work your way up to better city. Again, T.H.U.G did that  when you started in neigborhood of New Jersey and eventually traveled to diffrent places.
  • Not the same **bleep**- I am not trying to trash Skate 2 and Skate 3 but, it started to get stale. Its time to take a new approach with the story and city cause the gameplay is pretty much  there
  • Realism- Skate1 gave me a more realistic feel. Skate 2 started getting a bit out of hand. I don't want to do crazy stuff all the time. From time to time I think its okay to do a crazy gap but, in Skate 3 that was the objective every game. A bit more realism or gritty feel to the game would be cool. Again, starting off in an older more ghetto neighborhood would be cool. Finding spots to take and etc.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 4 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Aug 26, 2010

shady you bash every EA game

Message 5 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3397 posts

Aug 27, 2010

jma1024 wrote:

shady you bash every EA game

Honestly yo, I didn't bash this one. I gave my oppinion on what I wanted in the game. I asked for a story and better city. Is that bashing? Bashing would mean I would call the game **bleep** and leave at that. I am actually giving ideas and points not just saying random stuff and you can't argue that. If you do want to debate that then go ahead and let me know and we can construvely debate our view points.

Lets face it man, EA sports is pretty damn cheap sometimes. They are behind the thing of putting a code in your mannual about playing online. They tried that last  year with the code and not putting it into full effect and if you get the game used then you got pay to play online. The Madden shop is a joke, They offer stuff that use to be free on the PS2. Do you think that is bashing?

How about the Madden points? You can scout players. Cool right? NO! Its been done in NFL 2k5 with there VIP feature in which you can not only see your oppents tendancies but, download there VIP and play against there gameplay. Absolutely free feature with no need to pay money.

NBA Live 10 makes you put in a code to download roster updates. This means if you get the game used you have to pay for rosters. If you rent it to try it out or just want to rent then you have to pay for rosters. 2k10 offered that absoultely free with no need to put in a damn code. If the game is good then they don't have to worry about how they get the game. The consumer is not always rich and we shouldn't be forced to pay extra money. Sure its buisness but, they make enough money they don't need to take advantage of us.

I believe your comment is somewhat out of line. I was clearly givin tips on what i belive should be in the game. Your clearly set you to get me mad or something. Let me know how I was bashing this game! Please let me know because I clearly gave tips and how to improve the game. Is that bashing?

My goal is for some developer or somebody with the company to read this(cause you know they got people looking for consumer complaints) and take this into account when developing the next game. I would like to raise awareness on the games problems. 

Madden is clearly flawed, same problems, broken tackle system, bad physics(that were done better in NFl 2k5 with video proof if you don't believe me). I provide constructive criticism. How in the blue hell does it help I come out and just say "Madden is great guys buy it". That doesn't help anybody. Even if the game was actually good then it still needs improvements and the developer wants feedback not just somebody kissing there ass.

Again if you have a problem with what I say then respond to what I stated not to me. What you think of me doesn't matter. Respond to the content I put out. Prove me wrong!

Good Luck

-Shadi

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 6 of 6 (20 Views)
0 Likes