Last Guardian
12394 posts

Re: Should NBA change to a neutral arena for Finals?

Jun 17, 2008

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:

I think they should switch everything to one game.

One game all the way through like the NFL

Series seem to ruin atmosphere. The only games that get incredible ratings are game 7s

So having one game would make every game a game 7.

One game? That would ruin the NBA for me. It would ruin history and any chance to make history and the NBA would actually lose money from only having one game series. Not to be rude, but that is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever proposed. The NBA is not the NFL. The season does not consist of 16 games(please don't propose shortening the season), it's fine the way it is. One game playoffs are better for the NFL, considering the physicality of the game. Think of the NBA playoffs as a journey.

BrolyReborn
Message 11 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Jun 17, 2008

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:

I think they should switch everything to one game.

One game all the way through like the NFL

Series seem to ruin atmosphere. The only games that get incredible ratings are game 7s

So having one game would make every game a game 7.

You can't play 82 games in the regular season then have your season on the line with the road to the championship only being 4 games...

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 12 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Jun 17, 2008
I think you should have thought about that question before you posted it.  That will never work and it will NEVER happen.
Message 13 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

Jun 17, 2008
Is this a joke? Plz tell me this a joke. Never, never, never will it ever happen. The NBA is a storied sport with rivalries built on playoff and championship SERIES. Nobody would watch basketball if the playoffs and finals were decided by ONE GAME, NOBODY. And in a NEUTRAL STADIUM AT THAT. STUPID IDEA!!!
Message 14 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3623 posts

Jun 17, 2008
No. Thats one of the stupider questions that can be asked. Its done in the NFL because like other people said its 1 game. They should however switch to a 22111 format instead of the 232.

Message 15 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Jun 17, 2008

bhwinner99 wrote:
No. Thats one of the stupider questions that can be asked. Its done in the NFL because like other people said its 1 game. They should however switch to a 22111 format instead of the 232.

My friend and I had an argument about that.. we like it because it gives the  better team a challenge, knowing they coudl possibly come back home 3-2 after the series on the away court.. make them prove themselves and win a game out there, but also puts the pressure on the away team to steal one on the other floor... but, I dunno.. we agreed is should be 2-3-2 in the playoffs, and 2-2-1-1-1 in the finals.

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 16 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3623 posts

Jun 18, 2008

offdah3z wrote:

bhwinner99 wrote:

My friend and I had an argument about that.. we like it because it gives the  better team a challenge, knowing they coudl possibly come back home 3-2 after the series on the away court.. make them prove themselves and win a game out there, but also puts the pressure on the away team to steal one on the other floor... but, I dunno.. we agreed is should be 2-3-2 in the playoffs, and 2-2-1-1-1 in the finals.

First of all I think it should be one or the other, not different in the finals than other rounds. The point of home court advantage is that you have an advantage of playing more home games, not to prove yourself. The team with the better record isnt always the better team. Unless the series goes a full 7 games the team with home advantage doesnt have it except for starting the series at home.

Message 17 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes