Wastelander
705 posts

Re: Should I make this Fantasy Football move .....

Aug 16, 2008
Willis is a heck of a rb. the bills took a loooong chance drafting him when they did. I read somewhere that no one comes back 100% from an acl tear. i dont know. maybe he will.
Message Edited by Darkside1 on 08-16-2008 02:35 AM
Message 31 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Aug 16, 2008
I like Ronnie Browm but 10 months isn't gonna cut it for an RB with an ACL........... Look at my man Donovan McNeezie. He wasn't right for a year even though he came back and said he was fine from the get go he wasn't right until a year passed and he was pounding the ball up the middle, cutting, and trying to get to the outside.
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8225 posts

Aug 16, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:

NCBoi24 wrote:

Cdawg410 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

Cdawg410 wrote:
For one d@mn you all for letting a Canadian be the only one trying to give me sound advice on AMERICAN FOOTBALL. And 2, Big Mike, with no N. Davenport, you don't think Mendenhall is gonna get a butt load of goalline sticks?

Maybe, but even so that makes him as viable a fantasy option as TJ Duckett. Not to mention that in a 2 RB league when are you going to play him? Are you going to pick and choose when you think he'll likely see more carries? It'd be like drafting Michael Turner when he was in San Diego and then trying to accuratly predict when you'd see him get more then 7 carries. It'd be a guessing game. I suppose if you believe him to be a big fantasy earner then Smith would be the next person to release.

Hey, I couldn't agree with you more, I mean my real issue is with the NFL trend to use dual backs. It's making fantasy that much more calculating. N. Davenport was a viable starter any week cause he got all the goalline carries, Marion Barber murdered me last year cause i had Julius, 1&10, Jones. I'll be back to this post in a week or so after another pre-season game. If you've got an open spot in any of your fantasy leagues Mike I'd be interested in joining cause I like how you role. And BTW haters........ Ricky is the best running back in the AFC East, Pot or no Pot.

I strongly disagree. Maroney, Lynch, and Jones are all better than him. Hell, Ronnie Brown is too when he's decently healthy. Ricky Williams WAS the best in the AFC East but times have changed after his retirement and suspension. He will never reach where he onces was.

When Ricky came back he was still a 4.4ypc back. Ronnie Brown might be better or injuries might have rendered him a shell of what he could have been, we don't know yet.

Maroney is not better then Ricky. Maroney plays on a team that features Moss, Welker, and Brady, so teams don't even pretend to care about the run. Marshawn... I'll give you him, he's a beast and I love watching him run... Jones... I don't know. 3.6 ypc last season leaves me a bit on the bubble with him. Ricky is a proven, top level RB when his head and body are in the game, and this year they both are. I mean, 5ypc even in the preseason is nothing to dismiss. He looks fast, lean, and ready. If Ricky is even 80% of what he used to be he's a 1000 yard rusher.

I still think Maroney is a good RB, but you do have a point. As for Thomas Jones, he had a banged-up line and no passing game with all of the QB controversy, so all of the defenses knew the Jets would be running the ball majority of the game. If you give Jones a better line, he could easily be a 1,500 yard rusher, or atleast have an average over 4.3 ypc. I used to like Ricky Williams before he retired and started doing pot again. The pot doesn't really make me disappointed in him, just the fact he had to break the law (a dumb law at that. I'll look at you a totally different way if you smoke cigarettes than pot just because cigarettes actually kill people) to have fun was what made me disappointed in him. I'll be cheering for him this year, believe me.

Message Edited by NCBoi24 on 08-16-2008 01:10 PM
I've lost so many relationships
Is it just because I don't relate to ish?
Message 33 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Aug 17, 2008

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:
Pothead Williams.

Just thought I'd let you know that your favourite pothead had 10 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD vs. a good Jags D...

And ska, Ronnie Brown had like... 2 carries for 2 yards... Still think he's back?

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 34 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Aug 17, 2008
I'd trade one or two of your rooks-second year guys for him.  Smith or Young for Johnson would be good.  Tennesee runs the majority, and has lots of screens.
Message 35 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Aug 17, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:

NCBoi24 wrote:

Cdawg410 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

Cdawg410 wrote:
For one d@mn you all for letting a Canadian be the only one trying to give me sound advice on AMERICAN FOOTBALL. And 2, Big Mike, with no N. Davenport, you don't think Mendenhall is gonna get a butt load of goalline sticks?

Maybe, but even so that makes him as viable a fantasy option as TJ Duckett. Not to mention that in a 2 RB league when are you going to play him? Are you going to pick and choose when you think he'll likely see more carries? It'd be like drafting Michael Turner when he was in San Diego and then trying to accuratly predict when you'd see him get more then 7 carries. It'd be a guessing game. I suppose if you believe him to be a big fantasy earner then Smith would be the next person to release.

Hey, I couldn't agree with you more, I mean my real issue is with the NFL trend to use dual backs. It's making fantasy that much more calculating. N. Davenport was a viable starter any week cause he got all the goalline carries, Marion Barber murdered me last year cause i had Julius, 1&10, Jones. I'll be back to this post in a week or so after another pre-season game. If you've got an open spot in any of your fantasy leagues Mike I'd be interested in joining cause I like how you role. And BTW haters........ Ricky is the best running back in the AFC East, Pot or no Pot.

I strongly disagree. Maroney, Lynch, and Jones are all better than him. Hell, Ronnie Brown is too when he's decently healthy. Ricky Williams WAS the best in the AFC East but times have changed after his retirement and suspension. He will never reach where he onces was.  

When Ricky came back he was still a 4.4ypc back. Ronnie Brown might be better or injuries might have rendered him a shell of what he could have been, we don't know yet.

Maroney is not better then Ricky. Maroney plays on a team that features Moss, Welker, and Brady, so teams don't even pretend to care about the run. Marshawn... I'll give you him, he's a beast and I love watching him run... Jones... I don't know. 3.6 ypc last season leaves me a bit on the bubble with him. Ricky is a proven, top level RB when his head and body are in the game, and this year they both are. I mean, 5ypc even in the preseason is nothing to dismiss. He looks fast, lean, and ready. If Ricky is even 80% of what he used to be he's a 1000 yard rusher.

I disagree about Maroney.  His numbers during his rookie season (when they had no wideouts to speak of) are virtually identical to last year's numbers with Moss and Welker. 

The problem I see with Ricky is that he's trying to make his comeback at the age of 31 at a position where players tend to hit a wall at the age of 30 (http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k830rbs).  If he's lost 20% of his effectiveness due to his off-field stuff, and another 20% due to his age, then we're looking at a guy who's almost literally half the player he used to be.  Factor in the possibility that Ronnie Brown MAY take away half or more of the carries, and Ricky doesn't look like such an enticing option after all.

Message 36 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Aug 17, 2008
Your logic would be right, except those RB's, the ones who go downhill at 30, they all had been playing every season following being drafted. It has nothing to do with age, just wear and tear on the body. Ricky has missed a lot of time so his body doesn't have the same wear and tear. And, if you've watched him in the Pre-Season, the guy is running like he used to, maybe even a bit faster. Your point would be valid to any RB usually, but with Ricky missing so much time... he has a different circumstance.

He hasn't lost effectiveness due to age or his "off-field stuff" (whatever you think that is), the only thing that will hurt his production is if Ronnie Brown does fully heal, but I don't think he is.
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 37 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1086 posts

Aug 17, 2008

Ronnie Brown isn't 100%, he already hurt his thumb

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/breaking-news/story/645230.html

May not be serious, but the injuries are already starting!

Message 38 of 38 (0 Views)
0 Likes