Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
17872 posts

Re: Say it aint so Lance?!

Jul 16, 2004
Snooping in ones hotel room has got to be one of the lowest things a person can do.  Didn't a President get impeached for doing that?  Shouldn't a writer be fired or lose his writting license?  I think that the french and other people of the world are looking for a way to turn a winning American that year in and year out has spanked foreign people half his age and now they're looking to drag him through the mud.  Not only do I now respect Lance but I'm rooting for him to demolish everyone and anyone in his way.
Message 11 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Jul 16, 2004
The French have been pissed at Lance for years.....  Here is their sport, their event, in their country, and one of those "obnoxious Americans" wins every year.  The French have a lot of pride in their culture and legacy.  To have a foreigner stealing their glory just eats them up inside.....  Any chance of bringing down the champ will be a win for their country.

Ridiculous.....
Message 12 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7336 posts

Jul 16, 2004
jealousy... thats pathetic... Why would a cancer survivior use drugs... and why for a thing like bike racing... sounds to me like they cant beat him, so they try and pin some BS on him. Like people hounding big Mac/.
Playing: Madden '06
Listening: Smashing Pumpkins
Latest Movie: Crash
Message 13 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2187 posts

Jul 16, 2004
Lance has probably been tested for steriods more than any modern athlete and has never tested positive.  Greg Lemond's comments sound like sour grapes to me Greg and Lance had a falling out many years ago and it sounds like he's still bitter.  I wouldn't be suprised if some reporters try to plant steriods or something like that in Lance's room.  They can't stand getting owned by an American.

Blue LED 3/17/2005
Message 14 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2948 posts

Jul 16, 2004

,BabyArmP1 wrote:
Lance has probably been tested for steriods more than any modern athlete and has never tested positive.  Greg Lemond's comments sound like sour grapes to me Greg and Lance had a falling out many years ago and it sounds like he's still bitter.  I wouldn't be suprised if some reporters try to plant steriods or something like that in Lance's room.  They can't stand getting owned by an American.

I agree.  I think Greg Lemond is just jealous of Lance's achievements and can't believe that any American rider could accomplish more than he did when he won his tours.  I don't think he can stand the notion of being upstaged by another.

For arguments sake, lets just assume that Lance was/has been taking performance enhancing drugs.  Why would he be stupid enough to take it during the tour de france or leave it in his room where somebody could stumble across it? 

I hope he sticks it to all his critics and wins the tour going away.  The man is simply amazing.

Message 15 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes