Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 17 2004
By: ATTICMAN Hekseville Citizen 343 posts

SHAQ!

7 replies 3 views Edited Jul 17, 2004
 I hav talked to many pple about the trade and they say it was a good trade. I was wonder what you all thought about the trade if u havent heard it was Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Eddie Jones and a future first round pick for shaq. Do you think it was a fair trade reminding you the east is a easy conferance and shaq is the most dominate player in the game. Also i would like to know if you think the Miami heat is a playoff team now they have shaq. Thax
Message 1 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1992 posts

Re: SHAQ!

Jul 17, 2004
This question was asked not to along ago. Basically everybody said it was a bad deal for the Heat. Basically because Shaq is coming off his lowest scoring season ever and he is getting older. Usually if a person is big they will do good in the younger years but as they get older it gets to them physically. Also Miami was building a good team that actually got to the playoffs and they split the team up.
Message 2 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6375 posts

Jul 17, 2004
I actually think it's a GREAT deal for the Heat.  3 non-all star players for an elite center?  You can build a team around Shaq that at the very least will make the playoffs.  Shaq still has 3 good years left.
Message 3 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jul 17, 2004

,gamingod wrote:
 I hav talked to many pple about the trade and they say it was a good trade. I was wonder what you all thought about the trade if u havent heard it was Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Eddie Jones and a future first round pick for shaq. Do you think it was a fair trade reminding you the east is a easy conferance and shaq is the most dominate player in the game. Also i would like to know if you think the Miami heat is a playoff team now they have shaq. Thax

It was Brian Grant not Jones. I think it was a good and fair trade. The heat got a big man and the lakers got good young players at positions they needed. (SF, PF) Now they just need to sign a center. Maybe Vlade.
Message 4 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jul 17, 2004
Power to the Heat!!! The eastern conference finally is close to being even with the west. Like the old days...
Message 5 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jul 17, 2004
shaq is a machine, i think he could singlehandedly make any team in the league a playoff contender...but, if shaq gets injured or doesnt perform for the heat, that first round pick could end up being another lebron for the lakers...not to mention the lakers did get a couple of solid players for shaq already. its hard to say who got the better end of the deal

Message Edited by SABONIS on 07-16-2004 10:21 PM

meh...
Message 6 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Jul 17, 2004

,Detective Akira wrote:
Power to the Heat!!! The eastern conference finally is close to being even with the west. Like the old days...

No not really. West just got KMART and TMAC. And the Eastern Conference Playoff team New Orleans Hornets is moving to the western conference.

Message Edited by Nothin Much on 07-17-2004 12:01 PM

Message 7 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2966 posts

Jul 17, 2004
Lakers got the better trade IMO i would rather take those players then just Shaq.
Message 8 of 8 (3 Views)
0 Likes