Big Daddy
19015 posts

Re: Patriots Practiced With Players That Were On IR

May 26, 2008

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:

The major reason alot of people started not liking billicheck started with what he did in Cleveland, and how he basicly **bleep**ed the team over in the early 90's

Exactly. To me not only did I hate him after that, but I completly lost respect for him. That is one guy I wish I would meet, just so I could **bleep** slap him across the face.

Message Edited by BlueIce5249 on 05-26-2008 02:05 AM
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 61 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10229 posts

May 26, 2008

Marine95 wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

Gamecaver wrote:
Man I only have two things to say. First off could you change the title to allegedly? It hasn't been confirmed...and I feel everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Secondly, I don't hear people getting mad at this in real life....it only comes up on this board...not really an issue on other sports board I'm on and on that board Pats fans are definitely the enemy because we were talking smack about being undefeated all year. However, it is what it is....we all have our own views and I can at least respect the fact that you don't post with just a straight up hate for the Pats like some other people I won't name.

It's guilty untill proven innocent in the Sports world. You know it and I know it. I don't think that a man would risk his sports journalism career and credibility just to lie about the Pats using players on IR. Now, I will say that if it does get proven somehow that he was lying about this, I will make a post apoligizing and you and all the other Pats fans can throw my words back in my face. I don't think that's how it's going to turn out tho.

Actually many journalists have done JUST that. Didn't the NY Times have to make aretraction about an article their journalist had written about the Pats? Trust me, I went to college for Journalism, I've heard a lot of stories of journalists who've done exactly what you just said. The better the story, the more you get recognized.

Message Edited by MikeGrm on 05-24-2008 05:34 PM

But what is there to gain by lying about this? Goodell is just going to sweep it under the rug and in a few weeks it will all be forgotten.

You're joking, right? What's to be gained? Ask Stephen Glass what he gained by lying... If you come up with a story, whether it be partially true or completely fabricated YOU get all the credit. YOUR name is the one other media affiliates mention when they talk about who broke the story. Your noteriaty goes up, your price goes up. Better papers offer you more money, more oppurtunities open up to you. There is a LOT to be gained.

Actually no, I'm not. If the guy lies about this, it's going to come out, and then he gets blasted by the NFL, ESPN, etc. and his journalism career is over.

Do you really think they care if the story is fake or not?  They print the **bleep** bc it brings drama and readers.

They ran the story because it was written by a guy who was part of the Patriots team and had inside information as to what was going on. If I were to call ESPN and say "Hey I've got some inside info on the Pats" I doubt they would write an article about what I had to say. They're not going to print whatever comes through the door just for drama's sake.

Message 62 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

May 26, 2008
as a patriots fan for a long time i've seen them go from laughing stock in last place to a giant amung the elite teams.  personaly i like this, doubt them as much as you want but they went 16-0 with big brother (nfl) on there back all season.  only 2 teams ever can say they went 16-0, and only 1 team has ever had an 18-0 record since the dolphins only played 17 games including the super bowl.  not to mention i doubt any team will ever break there season winning streak which is im not sure either at 21 or 22, so if they go 8-0 or 9-0 they can go with a 30 game regular season winning streak.  i'd radther have them be the underdog and not like they accually have to prove them selfs to any one but im sure they will go out there again this season and prove why they are one of the top teams in the nfl.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 63 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19015 posts

May 26, 2008

abercrombieco2 wrote:
as a patriots fan for a long time i've seen them go from laughing stock in last place to a giant amung the elite teams. personaly i like this, doubt them as much as you want but they went 16-0 with big brother (nfl) on there back all season. only 2 teams ever can say they went 16-0, and only 1 team has ever had an 18-0 record since the dolphins only played 17 games including the super bowl. not to mention i doubt any team will ever break there season winning streak which is im not sure either at 21 or 22, so if they go 8-0 or 9-0 they can go with a 30 game regular season winning streak. i'd radther have them be the underdog and not like they accually have to prove them selfs to any one but im sure they will go out there again this season and prove why they are one of the top teams in the nfl.

And all that regular season winning means what?

Not a damn thing. They're still second best.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 64 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

May 26, 2008

Youngblood10 wrote:

They ran the story because it was written by a guy who was part of the Patriots team and had inside information as to what was going on. If I were to call ESPN and say "Hey I've got some inside info on the Pats" I doubt they would write an article about what I had to say. They're not going to print whatever comes through the door just for drama's sake.

Journalists run with stories whether or not they have much more then one persons word. The Boston Herald ran a story saying the tapes with the St.Louis practices on it from just prior to the Pats/Rams SuperBowl were given to the NFL. They believed it to be credible and ran with the story without a second thought. They were wrong. They then issued a full page retraction.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/50351
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patr...

It happens... A lot, actually... Not just in sports but in many other aspects of journalism.

Message Edited by MikeGrm on 05-26-2008 10:18 AM
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 65 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10229 posts

May 26, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

Journalists run with stories whether or not they have much more then one persons word. The Boston Herald ran a story saying the tapes with the St.Louis practices on it from just prior to the Pats/Rams SuperBowl were given to the NFL. They believed it to be credible and ran with the story without a second thought. They were wrong. They then issued a full page retraction.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/50351
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patr...

It happens... A lot, actually... Not just in sports but in many other aspects of journalism.

Message Edited by MikeGrm on 05-26-2008 10:18 AM

I'm sure it happens but I seriously doubt that's the case this time given belichick's previous record. Like I said earlier, if this if proven false I will come back here and eat my words but I don't think that will happen.

Message 66 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

May 27, 2008

BlueIce5249 wrote:

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:

The major reason alot of people started not liking billicheck started with what he did in Cleveland, and how he basicly **bleep**ed the team over in the early 90's

Exactly. To me not only did I hate him after that, but I completly lost respect for him. That is one guy I wish I would meet, just so I could **bleep** slap him across the face.

Message Edited by BlueIce5249 on 05-26-2008 02:05 AM

First off I didn't read a damn thing Yank said because of the way he typed that ish...it's too late for me to read something like that....besides I remember smoking him in another thread so I doubt he has much too add (being an a-hole is so much more fun on this board).  With that said...go back and look at our argument...you said that Goodell was protecting the Pats...etc., etc. and like always when we debate you BACKTRACK LIKE A CLOWN.  I simply stated how would he do all that prior to the controversy unless he somehow forsaw it with magic.  If you had any comprehension skills you would understand that I am simply stating what you said is irresponsible and unrealistic. 

The Pats did not have a WIDESPREAD hate prior to this season and did not generate ratings so why would Goodell protect them?  As we speak that has changed, but in the onset of last season that was not the case....prior to going undefeated that WAS NOT the case.  Therefore everything you foolishly stated was null.  Oh and about me being fascist...I'm the farthest thing from it......it's just that people like you make me doubt the process...not because your opinion is different than mine...because I love when someone disagrees with me.  Heck I play devil's advocate on here SO that people can disagree with me....it's just that when people can't make educated decisions...they ruin it for everyone else....it's what our founders called "the tyranny of the majority"....I'm just venting here. 

I don't give a flying **bleep** why you hate Belicheck because MOST people did not hate him for that ish because no one cared about that situation outside of Cleveland....speak for yourself and when you hate on Bill realize that you're using his blueprint for your own damn team.  His DNA is all over that current Browns team's scheme.  With that said...the polls taken were comprehensive and call it a nickname all you want, but understand that little bubble you live in within Cleveland is NOT the US. 

Understand when I say I have been all over this country...for politics, studies, vacations and everywhere you will find Steelers fans (when TV first came on the Steelers were one of the first teams consistently on there...and they still have that fanbase)...the Cowboys, Raiders (only fans who will knock you the **bleep** out) and Redskins...if you don't understand that the these teams and the NFC East generate the most merchandise, revenue and highest ratings...then I'm done talking to you.  There may not be a team befitting of the label "America's Team" there are very popular teams and the Cowboys will never below 2nd or 3rd whenever you ask these questions.  And I don't even like those clowns from Dallas who haven't won a playoff game this decade.  However at 1.5 billion they are worth more than any other pro sports franchise in the world.  

I've probably debated you and Mike more than anyone on this site...and for what it's worth outside of his obvious disdain for the Lakers...the guy's usually on point....I have defended the state of Ohio too many times...when everyone I know has clowned it from here on the East to the Midwest...but you're making me wonder....but I doubt you care.    

Message Edited by Gamecaver on 05-27-2008 02:01 AM
Wearing the 45
Message 67 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9774 posts

May 27, 2008
Burn Bellicheck at the stake and cut off the hand of the thief in the garden!

A little exxagerated but that's what these posts sound like here do. Is this really that bad or shocking? This type of stuff happens blatantly in the NBA who cares really this is nitpicking.

JUUUUDDAAAHHHHH
Message 68 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

May 27, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:
Burn Bellicheck at the stake and cut off the hand of the thief in the garden!

A little exxagerated but that's what these posts sound like here do. Is this really that bad or shocking? This type of stuff happens blatantly in the NBA who cares really this is nitpicking.

You're falling on deaf ears...we all know that people in real life aren't waking up lik..."MUST KILL BELLICECK!"  It is what it is my dude.  

Wearing the 45
Message 69 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

May 27, 2008
Here we go again.  Just after "Spygate" started to die down, too. 
Message 70 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes