Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 23 2008
By: Youngblood10~ Keyblade Wielder 10229 posts

Patriots Practiced With Players That Were On IR

103 replies 1 views Edited May 23, 2008

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

ESPN

It's just amazing to me how indifferent Belichick is when it comes to abusing the rules. 

Message 1 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3682 posts

Re: Patriots Practiced With Players That Were On IR

May 23, 2008
the pats will do anything to win! maybe even video tape it?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9384 posts

May 23, 2008
Seriously, I hated the Patriots as it was before the 07-08 season. But after everything said about them, they don't deserve anything they've gotten these past few years.
Photobucket
|| Pitt Steelers || UConn Huskies || Pitt Pens || Pitt Pirates ||
Message 3 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21178 posts

May 23, 2008

Youngblood10 wrote:

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

ESPN

It's just amazing to me how indifferent Belichick is when it comes to abusing the rules. 

I'll cover this for the Patriots fans so they don't have to:

"It's not a big deal because they didn't get game time experience, so it's moot anyway. It's no worse than training troops for war." "Basically...every team does this." "(point out some recent smudge story your team got - founded or unfounded)" "Can't we just get over Spygate already?"

If I were Goodell, I'd rather be dealing with the Pacman. Belichick and his boys seem to be getting busted for something new every week. Ignore the relevency of the entire situation...it's the fact there's a negative connotation yet AGAIN with the Patriots.

Message 4 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1399 posts

May 23, 2008

Youngblood10 wrote:

he has to win some how lol

Photobucket
Message 5 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2221 posts

May 23, 2008

Youngblood10 wrote:

ESPN

Its amazing how many people cry and **bleep** about a team bc there team cant win.  This isnt a big deal at all Only on this forum board is it a big deal.

i love the mods on this board i have to suck up so i can post on this godly forum
The wiseman ask himself the reason for his mistakes. A fool ask others.
Because NK said so everyone post like your in english class
userbarz.com
userbarz.com
Message 6 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21178 posts

May 23, 2008

Marine95 wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

ESPN

Its amazing how many people cry and **bleep** about a team bc there team cant win.  This isnt a big deal at all Only on this forum board is it a big deal.

Darn, I forgot the straight up "your team sucks" card as a response. Got the irrelevent call.

It may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but the IR is there for a reason. Why do you have to "tweak" a rule and play guys that aren't allowed to play? You don't just do something like that to "get the boys involved." Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter. Patriots haven't won anything of significance going on four years anyway, so maybe you're right...it can't be that much of an advantage.

Message 7 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

May 23, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

Youngblood10 wrote:

ESPN

I'll cover this for the Patriots fans so they don't have to:

"It's not a big deal because they didn't get game time experience, so it's moot anyway. It's no worse than training troops for war." "Basically...every team does this." "(point out some recent smudge story your team got - founded or unfounded)" "Can't we just get over Spygate already?"

If I were Goodell, I'd rather be dealing with the Pacman. Belichick and his boys seem to be getting busted for something new every week. Ignore the relevency of the entire situation...it's the fact there's a negative connotation yet AGAIN with the Patriots.

no no no, leave pacman alone.... he's on my team now.. lol

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 8 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17870 posts

May 23, 2008
Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Message 9 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1671 posts

May 23, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

"I'll cover this for the Patriots fans so they don't have to:"

Thanks for handling that, we Pats fans are busy at the moment, busy laughing at Jason Taylor's Miami-camp-boycott. How stupid is that?!?

Message 10 of 104 (1 View)
0 Likes