Aug 31 2002
By: ronbrown~old Lombax Warrior 176 posts

PS2 Baseball

10 replies 8 views Edited Aug 31, 2002
Just wondering which to buy. Triple Play or All Star Baseball/ The reviews I have seen says All Star is more realistic, but Triple Play has the better graphics. I know on PS1 Triple play was usually either a home run or single, plus the aftertouch pitching really didn't seem to give you much control......if any. Not like the old Nintendo RBI Baseball where you had big sweeping curves to K the batter. Seems like either people love or hate All Star. There is no in between. What's the deal? Shine on you crazy diamond.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: PS2 Baseball

Sep 1, 2002

All star baseball rocks

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: PS2 Baseball doref

Sep 1, 2002
Guess tha t answers my question. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 3, 2002
I have been playing All-Star baseball all summer and really enjoy the game.  My only problem with it, is that you have no "in-game saves."  You can play a game in about 45-45 minutes.  I strictly play the franchise option.  You can steal 2nd base with anyone, you can throw out anyone trying to steal.  I don't like that.  Players can get injured too easily sometimes and trades b/w teams aren't fair sometimes, i.e. Bagwell for Loretta.  Overall, I really enjoy the game though.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: PS2 Baseball longshotss

Sep 4, 2002
I know in PS1 it was fairly easy to throw out runners. I did make unfair trades in that just to update teams. I was really wondering about the pitching. Do you actually have control over the pitches? In Triple Play it didn't seem like you had control. Sometime you thought you did and the next pitch seemed to go wherever. I have ordered All Star from a online place called game express. They have good prices. Thanks for the help. Game on........
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 4, 2002
You do have control over the pitch selection and pitch location.  As a pitcher begins to tire, you have less and less control over his location.  Example, by the 7th inning of a game, Greg Maddux is going to have much better control than Rick Ankiel.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 6, 2002
if you can survive the graphics mlb 2003 is the best baseball game by far with high heat and allstar running 2nd  i bought all three in a attempt to find a good baseball game and think that mlb2003 is the best if it comes out for the ps2 goodbye triple play
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: PS2 Baseball tate320

Sep 7, 2002
Picked up AllStar 2002 to tery it out. Trying to get use to the controls after always playing TP 2000. How do you activate the fielder closest to the ball? Must have missed the instruction somewhere in the book. On manual it seems like it is almost on automatic fielding. I must be missing something somewhere. Help a beginner. Can you actually change the direction of the pitch while the ball is on its way to the plate? I'm sure it will be a good game once i know what the h i am doing. can't go wrong for $19. Thanks for any input........Shine on crazy diamond.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 7, 2002
Can you actually change the course of the pitch when it is on the way to the plate? On the old nintendo RBI Baseball you could throw big, sweeping curves and see your curve change on the way to the plate. Once you were in the groove you could rack up K's on the outside corner..... Later man......
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: PS2 Baseball tate

Sep 7, 2002
Since I have the PS2 I went with the All Star Baseball to see if the pitching is any better than Triple Play. Played last night and am learning the controls. How do you activate the player nearest the ball? Haven't seen anything about that.. Later
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (8 Views)
0 Likes