Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1841 posts

Re: PES10 DEMO, YOUR THOUGHTS

Sep 19, 2009

DavidJ88 wrote:
It's great seeing the differences in opinion but i would like people to explain why they like PES10. I just can't see it's appeal when comparing it to FIFA10 and i felt the PES10 demo was very poor to say the least, I'm not saying FIFA10 was perfect but i can easily say it will be my choice between the two.
 I was curious that it might actually be good so I took the time to download the PES 10 demo. It took a while but I finally got it downloaded and played a match between Barcalona vs Liverpool, everything about playing this is absolute carnage except the player models which are suprisingly very good. However the models dont make up for the running animations, terrible AI and goalkeeping, probably lalalala commentary, bad defending animations, crap menus just everything. 
  No Fluidity, straight line Off the ball runs, bad Passing, graphics are good but objects on screen do not have polish to make it look real, Slide tackle is like falling on your butt and sticking one leg out. There is no 'battle' for possession and everything feels scripted. It is still PES from the PS2 with updated graphics. Chicken run? Check. 8 direction movement? Check and many more. It's quite sad they refused to overhaul the game and I was hoping it would be good.  So I don't think FIFA will have any competition this year from my point of view once again. Shame.
 Can't believe that's what Konami has been working on all this time. It's completly rubbish 

Message 21 of 35 (26 Views)
Survivor
2706 posts

Sep 19, 2009

adrian96 wrote:

I think PES is better this year. In my opinion the Fifa 10 demo was down right awful. PES 10 isn't better than Fifa 09 but I think it's a lot better than Fifa 10.

what didn't you like in the fifa 10 demo? The fifa 09 demo was crap compered to the actuall game aswell.

Message 22 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Sep 19, 2009

Kellog_G8 wrote:

DavidJ88 wrote:
It's great seeing the differences in opinion but i would like people to explain why they like PES10. I just can't see it's appeal when comparing it to FIFA10 and i felt the PES10 demo was very poor to say the least, I'm not saying FIFA10 was perfect but i can easily say it will be my choice between the two.
 I was curious that it might actually be good so I took the time to download the PES 10 demo. It took a while but I finally got it downloaded and played a match between Barcalona vs Liverpool, everything about playing this is absolute carnage except the player models which are suprisingly very good. However the models dont make up for the running animations, terrible AI and goalkeeping, probably lalalala commentary, bad defending animations, crap menus just everything. 
  No Fluidity, straight line Off the ball runs, bad Passing, graphics are good but objects on screen do not have polish to make it look real, Slide tackle is like falling on your butt and sticking one leg out. There is no 'battle' for possession and everything feels scripted. It is still PES from the PS2 with updated graphics. Chicken run? Check. 8 direction movement? Check and many more. It's quite sad they refused to overhaul the game and I was hoping it would be good.  So I don't think FIFA will have any competition this year from my point of view once again. Shame.
 Can't believe that's what Konami has been working on all this time. It's completly rubbish 

Yup, this pretty much sums up pes again.

Although about the 8 direction movement, im pretty sure its got more, Its not as fluid as Fifa 10's 360 degree movement, but i think its more than 8.

And people saying pes is better? Right...

Message 23 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Sep 19, 2009
Yea, it's got more than 8 but it just makes it feel like a cheap version of FIFA10's 360 movement. IMO konami will have start again from the ground up if they ever want to catch up with EA, let's just hope EA don't become complacent with this poor showing by PES. I'll agree the player models are good but i still think they look like zombies.
_____________/\_______________\0/______________SHARK!!!!
Message 24 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5274 posts

Sep 20, 2009

BulgarianPride wrote:

adrian96 wrote:

I think PES is better this year. In my opinion the Fifa 10 demo was down right awful. PES 10 isn't better than Fifa 09 but I think it's a lot better than Fifa 10.

what didn't you like in the fifa 10 demo? The fifa 09 demo was crap compered to the actuall game aswell.

They changed the whole game, infact, PES felt like Fifa and Fifa felt like PES.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Sep 20, 2009
I do believe that EA should slow down the gameplay a little bit for the final version, however KONAMI need to speed up gameplay a little bit for the final version of PES10. PES10 just feels so sluggish at times and i'm now starting to notice the straight line runs made by the A.I. The A.I was supposed to be a huge plus for PES10 but i can't see how as it seems players do the same things as 4 years ago.
Message 26 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Sep 20, 2009

adrian96 wrote:

BulgarianPride wrote:

adrian96 wrote:

They changed the whole game, infact, PES felt like Fifa and Fifa felt like PES.

Fifa dont stick to the floor when passing, shooitng, tackling....anything..
Message 27 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Sep 20, 2009

Fifa 10 advert that gets shown over here.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-10-uk-advert-uncut/

Message 28 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Sep 20, 2009
Epic advert full of win. I guess that means i liked it.
Message 29 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Sep 21, 2009
Adrian admited fifa was better yesterday:smileytongue:
Message 30 of 35 (26 Views)
0 Likes