Wastelander
974 posts

Re: PACKERS FILE TAMPERING CHARGE AGAINST VIKINGS

Jul 17, 2008

SoCalbias wrote:

Nickthenug wrote:
Oh, sorry dude. I apoligize. Thanks for the reply. Now go to bed. And you're mature by calling me a numbskull.

Go to bed???? I'm not in this conversation but its 8:42 here.. hmm no way im goin to bed....hahahahahaha
10:42 here. To late for kids to be up. And no one said he screwed up his legacy, he's just gonna look like an a** the more this escalates. But I'll always remember Farve for his legacy and the way they smoked us last year when i went to the dome. I've only been to two Vikings games and he killed us when I went, even though if I remember right we rallied at the end only to loose. Nothing more fun than the Vikings packers beef.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Jul 17, 2008
ill remeeber favre for throwing too many interceptions
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
974 posts

Jul 17, 2008

braves#1 wrote:
well its 11:46 here

Ok...cool? you get three thumbs up for telling time little buddy.

Image Preview

Message Edited by Nickthenug on 07-16-2008 08:54 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jul 17, 2008

Nickthenug wrote:

SoCalbias wrote:

Nickthenug wrote:
Oh, sorry dude. I apoligize. Thanks for the reply. Now go to bed. And you're mature by calling me a numbskull.

Go to bed???? I'm not in this conversation but its 8:42 here.. hmm no way im goin to bed....hahahahahaha
10:42 here. To late for kids to be up. And no one said he screwed up his legacy, he's just gonna look like an a** the more this escalates. But I'll always remember Farve for his legacy and the way they smoked us last year when i went to the dome. I've only been to two Vikings games and he killed us when I went, even though if I remember right we rallied at the end only to loose. Nothing more fun than the Vikings packers beef.

I guess your right but I will never remember Favre as playing his career and riding off into the sunset to retirement.. (that sunset part will be a little sketchy if you know what I mean)
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8520 posts

Jul 17, 2008
They wouldnt be the best team in the league if they got Favre.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
974 posts

Jul 17, 2008

sKa_mAn wrote:

Yeah you're right it would be a Flordia team like Tampa or Miami.

Yeah they would. Best running back, best QB, best D. Stop us.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Jul 17, 2008
the cowboys have adam jones bro
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jul 17, 2008

braves#1 wrote:
the cowboys have adam jones bro

ohh **bleep** now i feel liek a dumb ass thxs... hahahaha one of the stupidest thigns i have done. .got al lcarried up in peyton having surgery etc. hahahaha
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jul 17, 2008

sKa_mAn wrote:

True, The patriots down sized on talent but I gotta g owith the COLTS as the best team. great QB, RB, WR's, Defence is great.
Message Edited by SoCalbias on 07-16-2008 09:16 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Jul 17, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:

Nickthenug wrote:

braves#1 wrote:
that doesnt mean favre is going to the vikes numbskull

Never said it did.... But you're right, I'm sure he's talking with Childress about his hairstyle and the weather

cumskull

Favre can talk with every team in the NFL, CFL, AFL, or anywhere else he wants... Won't matter.

The Packers are coming out like complete ***es in all of this, which is sad cause Favre should also look like kind of an *** too. Nevertheless, they should move him. Favre made a point when he said how dumb it sounded when they said they wanted to preserve his legacy, but also make him a backup...

"cumskull"... Yeah... mature.

TAMPERING CAN HAPPEN WITH RETIRED PLAYERS
Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2008, 8:41 p.m.
We’ve gotten several e-mails, and seen several comments, regarding the question of whether a player who has retired can be the subject of tampering allegations.

The easy answer is yes. Absolutely, yes.

If a player retires with years left on his contract and his team placed him on the reserve/retired list, the team still holds his rights. And, consequently, no other team may talk to the player about unretiring and playing for that team.

The difference between Brett Favre’s situation and the case of Junior Seau, who retired after playing for the Dolphins and then signed with the Patriots, is that Seau was also a free agent at the time. Favre is under contract with the Packers for two more years, and those two years will be in place indefinitely, unless and until Favre plays for the team for two more seasons — or unless and until the Packers release him.

Any other rule would invite mischief. For example, Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, who tried his damnedest to get out of Cincinnati, could have “retired” in the offseason, and then signed with the Redskins or any other team as a free agent in August.

Meanwhile, I’ve reviewed Jay Glazer’s report regarding the tampering allegations made by the Packers against the Vikings and Josh Alper’s PFT blurb regarding the same, and an obvious question arose.

How in the hell did the Packers know that Darrell Bevell and Favre were engaged in “inappropriate dialogue”?

Unless the Packers are simply relying upon the rumor mill, we see two possible explanations. Either Bevell ran his mouth about the conversations to someone outside the organization who blabbed, or someone inside the Vikings’ organization blew the whistle. Regardless, it’ll be interesting to see what if any hard evidence the Packers have to support their contention.

Wrong, they can't talk with Favre.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (0 Views)
0 Likes