Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5161 posts

Re: NHL Discussion Thread

Oct 3, 2007

HG_redsoxsstink wrote:

Parkway wrote:
Anyone else a hockey fan?  The preseason is already in progress, but the regular season hasn't started yet.

I live 30 minutes away from San Jose and while I used to be a Sharks fan, I'm not so much anymore.  My favorite player is Peter Forsberg and when I started watching him more and more he was with the Avs.  When they won their second Cup, it was a great feeling.  I cheered for any team he was on, even when he was on Philly.  It was Nashiville last year, but no matter what team he goes with, my favorite team is still the Avs. 

I'm excited for this season and plan to go to several games.

Message Edited by Parkway on 09-30-2007 06:56 PM

yea dude im so pumped, the devils open thursday against the lightening and i jsut got a new brian gionta jersey and i cant wait to throw it on. this season is gonna be great evan though the devils arent the best ill still love em. but lemme tell ya the rangers look impressive i might be the first devils fan to admit that they will win the cup and are better than us

you hate the redsox and love the devils....idk whether to hug you or punch u in the mouth lol.....Devils and Rangers are gonna have some awesome games this season. God i can't wait.
PSN ID: TriFF51..........feel free to add me
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
August 12th 2010: 60 gb PS3 (YLOD) R.I.P. =(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Playstation All-Stars, Persona4Golden, Dead Space
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Oct 3, 2007

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:
I officially hate the Ducks.

They signed Bertuzzi and that idiot should be behind bars.

Not his fault Moore is a coward.

I hope you're joking.  Moore did not want to fight.  As a result, he gets sucker punched and then his head driven straight down into the ice?  I don't think so.  If anyone is a coward, it's Bertuzzi.

Then he shouldn't have given Naslund that cheap shot.  Just look at last year between New Jersey and Toronto, Jansen gives Kaberle a very questionable hit, next game between these two Jansen fights Belak because he knew he had to.  The rest of the game went on without a further incident.  The last thing we need are finge NHL players trying to make a name for themselves by taking liberties with opposing stars.
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1945 posts

Oct 4, 2007

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

I hope you're joking.  Moore did not want to fight.  As a result, he gets sucker punched and then his head driven straight down into the ice?  I don't think so.  If anyone is a coward, it's Bertuzzi.

Then he shouldn't have given Naslund that cheap shot.  Just look at last year between New Jersey and Toronto, Jansen gives Kaberle a very questionable hit, next game between these two Jansen fights Belak because he knew he had to.  The rest of the game went on without a further incident.  The last thing we need are finge NHL players trying to make a name for themselves by taking liberties with opposing stars.

You logic in this is really low.  I could give ten times the amount of cases in which a cheap shot was given and a fight did not later ensue.  Do you remember what Moore's "cheap" hit was?  Bertuzzi should be in prison, period.
At Fort Benning, Georgia for Army Infantry Basic Training until October 16th. See you guys when I get back.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Oct 4, 2007

Parkway wrote:

You logic in this is really low.  I could give ten times the amount of cases in which a cheap shot was given and a fight did not later ensue.  Do you remember what Moore's "cheap" hit was?  Bertuzzi should be in prison, period.

If he belongs there so does Moore.

As for a fight noe ensuing this is more than likely due to the lack of "enforcer" on the team(Detroit).

My logic is not faulty.  Moore cheap shots Naslund therefore he must now atone(fight Bertuzzi) for his cheap act.  Had Coloradi been smart they would have not played Moore that game, especially since they were dominating Vancouver late.  This cheap behavious can not be tolerated, it's nothing more than fring NHL'ers giving themselves an ego stroke.  It shows a complete lack of respect for the game and its players.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6169 posts

Oct 4, 2007
Habs win courtesy of Captain K.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3637 posts

Oct 4, 2007

canadaman1 wrote:

Saw the highlights of that game. Candians won 3-2 in overtime against the Hurricanes. Looked like a great game, Saku Koviu got 2 goals including the game winner in OT.

Also Colorado Avalanche's Paul Stasny got the season first hat trick as Colorado defeated the Stars 4-3. I got to see this game on VS, it was also a great game.

I am so mad I am going to miss the Bruins season opener against the Stars on Friday. I have to work until midnight.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Oct 4, 2007

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

I'm going to agree with Prostitot. There is an unwritten rule in hockey that says when you take a cheap shot on any player, like Moore did, you have to atone for it by fighting. You HAVE to give the other team a chance at revenge. That's the way it's done. You think they were just going to let him get away with it? There is always a fight later in that game or in a later game (like the Bert incident). Moore should have paid his dues, but he chose not to.

I do remember what Moore's hit was, by the way. Naslund was reaching for the puck, he was on one knee and Moore bent down slightly to get his arm into Naslunds head. Cheap...Shot...

The punch did less damage then Bertuzzi falling on him. Bert shouldn't be in jail. That is stupid. Marty McSorley was sentenced to 18 months probation for a far worse crime when he smacked Brashear in the head with his stick.
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6169 posts

Oct 4, 2007

redsox20041 wrote:

canadaman1 wrote:

Saw the highlights of that game. Candians won 3-2 in overtime against the Hurricanes. Looked like a great game, Saku Koviu got 2 goals including the game winner in OT.

Also Colorado Avalanche's Paul Stasny got the season first hat trick as Colorado defeated the Stars 4-3. I got to see this game on VS, it was also a great game.

I am so mad I am going to miss the Bruins season opener against the Stars on Friday. I have to work until midnight.

So you're a Bruins fan? Then we're sworn enemies.
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3175 posts

Re: Hockey Season Around the Corner

Oct 4, 2007
GO BRUINS WOOT!

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6139 posts

Oct 5, 2007

MikeGrm wrote:

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

PROSTITOT wrote:

Parkway wrote:

I'm going to agree with Prostitot. There is an unwritten rule in hockey that says when you take a cheap shot on any player, like Moore did, you have to atone for it by fighting. You HAVE to give the other team a chance at revenge. That's the way it's done. You think they were just going to let him get away with it? There is always a fight later in that game or in a later game (like the Bert incident). Moore should have paid his dues, but he chose not to.

I do remember what Moore's hit was, by the way. Naslund was reaching for the puck, he was on one knee and Moore bent down slightly to get his arm into Naslunds head. Cheap...Shot...

The punch did less damage then Bertuzzi falling on him. Bert shouldn't be in jail. That is stupid. Marty McSorley was sentenced to 18 months probation for a far worse crime when he smacked Brashear in the head with his stick.

Well said.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 1,037 (0 Views)
0 Likes