Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 16 2004
By: Jokerboy~ First Son 4 posts

NFL 2k3 Online Question

6 replies 3 views Edited Jul 16, 2004
My question is very simple.  Is NFL 2K3 actually online and if so is it still playable online.  I only ask this because the box does not say its online but different sites i have been on say that it is.  Thank you to anyone who can help me.  Also do sports games lag baddly on Dial-up connection.  PLease no 56k bashing as if i could get it in my area I would.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4790 posts

Re: NFL 2k3 Online Question

Jul 16, 2004
It was at a time, but the servers have been down for about a year or 2. I'm not really sure how bad the lag is, I enevr played online with 56k. I know how much dial up sucks though, so hopefully you will get broaband available soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7336 posts

Jul 16, 2004

,Jokerboy wrote:
My question is very simple.  Is NFL 2K3 actually online and if so is it still playable online.  I only ask this because the box does not say its online but different sites i have been on say that it is.  Thank you to anyone who can help me.  Also do sports games lag baddly on Dial-up connection.  PLease no 56k bashing as if i could get it in my area I would.

I have Dial up as well and in Madden and ESPN I hardly get any lag. 2K3 has been offline for a while now, like David says... ESPN 2K4 will be offline in 4 days...
Playing: Madden '06
Listening: Smashing Pumpkins
Latest Movie: Crash
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jul 17, 2004
ESPN 2K4 will be offline in 4 days...

Are u serious? theyre gonna make us go buy 2k5 on the first day if we wanna play online. I mean, ill probably do that anyway, but couldnt they just wait a couple weeks before pulling the plug...i guess if you arent hardcore enuff to go buy 2k5 in the first couple of days, then you shouldnt miss your online play too much, but still...whered u hear they were pullin the plug?
meh...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2966 posts

Jul 17, 2004

,SABONIS wrote:
ESPN 2K4 will be offline in 4 days...,

Are u serious? theyre gonna make us go buy 2k5 on the first day if we wanna play online. I mean, ill probably do that anyway, but couldnt they just wait a couple weeks before pulling the plug...i guess if you arent hardcore enuff to go buy 2k5 in the first couple of days, then you shouldnt miss your online play too much, but still...whered u hear they were pullin the plug?

man its only $20 damn
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7336 posts

Jul 17, 2004

,SABONIS wrote:

They do it like that prettty much each year... Mayeb theyn will keep it out a little longer, but i doubt it.. 20 bucks it cheap and they have to use the money to keep the servers up... its expensive to keep those servers running, and at 20 bucks, they arent gaining as much $$ as before.
Playing: Madden '06
Listening: Smashing Pumpkins
Latest Movie: Crash
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2966 posts

Jul 18, 2004

,Darkstar wrote:

,SABONIS wrote:

They do it like that prettty much each year... Mayeb theyn will keep it out a little longer, but i doubt it.. 20 bucks it cheap and they have to use the money to keep the servers up... its expensive to keep those servers running, and at 20 bucks, they arent gaining as much $$ as before.

they just might since more people can afford it and that means more sales so they might earn the same as they did before (which means they got more sales) who knows......
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes