Jul 18 2004
By: BigReds Lombax Warrior 209 posts

NCAA 2005... rushing

15 replies 0 views Edited Jul 18, 2004
When are they ever gonna let us mess with the FREQUENCY in which the computer runs the ball.

I like the game don't get me wrong... but it seems like NCAA is like this EVERY year. The computer tried to run the ball like twice... knows it can't run (I am playing on All-American right now) and then just says screw it... and comes out flinging it every down.

I remember last year I played with Troy State and played Nebraska... and they ran the ball like 10 times... TOTAL.

Really... they need to turn the rushing defense WAY down... and turn the pass defending up a little bit (I know I can do that in the sliders for the most part, but point is... I shouldn't have to).

I shouldn't be in the top 10 in defense EVERY year because the computer CAN'T run the ball and throws all the freaking time.

I realize that playing on Heisman will alleviate some of this... but they still don't run the ball much... and then that just makes their throwing ability way too hard to contain.

I can't believe such a great game.. buy the #1 company gets by testing with this junk every year.

If you don't like that I got 13 words for ya... How much wood could a
woodchuck chuck if I woodchuck could chuck wood.

-Mick Foley, 1998

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1393 posts

Re: NCAA 2005... rushing

Jul 18, 2004

,SV110MHH wrote:
When are they ever gonna let us mess with the FREQUENCY in which the computer runs the ball.

I like the game don't get me wrong... but it seems like NCAA is like this EVERY year. The computer tried to run the ball like twice... knows it can't run (I am playing on All-American right now) and then just says screw it... and comes out flinging it every down.

I remember last year I played with Troy State and played Nebraska... and they ran the ball like 10 times... TOTAL.

Really... they need to turn the rushing defense WAY down... and turn the pass defending up a little bit (I know I can do that in the sliders for the most part, but point is... I shouldn't have to).

I shouldn't be in the top 10 in defense EVERY year because the computer CAN'T run the ball and throws all the freaking time.

I realize that playing on Heisman will alleviate some of this... but they still don't run the ball much... and then that just makes their throwing ability way too hard to contain.

I can't believe such a great game.. buy the #1 company gets by testing with this junk every year.
Why do you want the computer to rush more? I don't understand
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Jul 18, 2004
To make it SOMEWHAT realistic... I mean when the computer has about 20 yards a game rushing.... that is ridiculous.

As I said... Nebraska rushed the ball 10 times.

Hell Air Force and Navy are the same way.1

Didn't you hear me... no matter what team I am ... I am in the top 10 in defense BECAUSE the computer cannot run the ball. I am NOT that good of a player...It's like the computer says "screw you I am not running the ball bc I know that passing is way too easy on this game."

OK, so maybe not no matter what team... but any team with any respectability.

Message Edited by SV110MHH on 07-18-2004 12:14 PM

-Mick Foley, 1998

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Jul 18, 2004
See this is my beef...

OSU (me) vs. Mich St.

They are WINNING 31-28 right now.

At least the # of rushes is up...

They have 18 Ruses for -23 yards. Granted their stud running back has 12 carries for 9 yards.

What is the deal with that? Again.. I understand sacks take off rushing stats... but... 12 ruses for 9 yards...

can we say balance?

-Mick Foley, 1998

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3365 posts

Jul 18, 2004
Hmm never concerned me. As they rushed much with me in 2004 because I was an interception machine. They had a balanced game with me. Hey maybe you do have a real good rushing defense.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Jul 18, 2004
Not with every team I play with ... only time any of this is even remotely realistic is when I play friends... so it HAS to be the computer.\

-Mick Foley, 1998

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3365 posts

Jul 18, 2004
Well I play on Heisman. So that must make a difference.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 18, 2004

,SV110MHH wrote:

you can go to options, and change the AI of the human and computer. i left it on default in the middle. you can change it though if you want to turn those things up or down.

Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Jul 19, 2004
That won't change the frequency... it will only change how well they run.

-Mick Foley, 1998

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jul 20, 2004
I turned the CPU running back ability up 5 notches and now they actually run the ball.  I used to be the same way, only giving up 10 or 20 yards rushing and about 300 yards or more passing.  Now the computer will try and run more often since they can do better.  This has made the game play more enjoyable for me.  I hope this helps. 
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (0 Views)
0 Likes