Jul 16 2004
By: EaFootballFan~ First Son 23 posts

NCAA 2005 (kinda a review; long read)

12 replies 1 views Edited Jul 16, 2004

Ok, first of I get the game started and check out create a school...

This mode hasn't really improved at all, except a few more logos (some of the ones off Madden, yet Madden (04) has a lot more)

But, I go ahead and create Spring Hill anyways. (Spring Hill being my high school)

Next I just check out the game and see what's new. Hmm create a sign, sounds good. Not really, just something added in, not that interesting at all really. Next I look at the "create a playbook" feature. Nothing like Maddens really, all you do is select formations you want, very basic. Then there is of course the stuff from last year like college classics, rivalry, and mascot games.

Now I'm starting to get a little disappointed, so I begin my dynasty. I select the Varsity skill level, because I've heard that this game is harder than previous NCAA football games.

I open the season against Illinois at Illinois (My team is Dominating D type)

The game looks a little better, the graphics have been tweaked oh so slightly, but I can tell quite a difference.

The commentary is basically the exact same as previous years.

While playing for a while I notice that during my beating of the Illinois penalties have been decreased, receivers drop a lot more passes, and its a lot easier to get interceptions.

Ok, now to address a "problem". Receivers drop a lot of passes. Yes they do drop a lot. But like real college football you have to get in rhythm before they make constant catches. I threw to my 1st, 2nd wr's and my 1st Te. I started out at about 2 for 10. So, I then establish my running game by scoring a couple touchdowns primarily by runs. Then when I get the ball again I do another run (6 yard gain) then play action pass. DB is completely burnt, WR wide-open, caught, touchdown. I get the ball back and mix the running game with some passes and on the drive my QB throws 5-7, 1 drop. This game is based more around the emotion of college football, trying to give it a unique feel. That's why the game plays like it does, more realistically I might add. The game is extremely easy on the Varsity level.

I give this game an 8/10, because it is a great game, just not exactly everything I imagined it being. I am not disappointed. Because I guess I anticipated way too much.

Message 1 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7522 posts

Re: NCAA 2005 (kinda a review; long read)

Jul 16, 2004
I would have gotten NCAA if madden doesn't come out pretty soon.
se_brandon - Proud Member of the Playstation.com Forums Since 2004
Join the Fight Against Diseases! Fold for Team #55265!

Follow Brandon on Twitter!
Message 2 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Jul 16, 2004
I love this game, my favorite part is the new tackling animations.  It makes the game a lot more realistic.
PSN Name = Maniac-64-
Message 3 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 16, 2004
Tackling is so much better, especially the "big hit" feature.  I love this game.
Message 4 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jul 16, 2004
I'm liking this game as well,but I wanna play college FOOTBALL not volleyball. Man there are alot of funky tipped balls in this game. There's nothing like receiving/intercepting a ball on the right when it was thrown to the left to begin with.
Message 5 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 16, 2004
Ya, the tipped balls get WAY to excesive, although i caught a tipped ball and ran it in for a 90 yd TD run!
Message 6 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2187 posts

Jul 16, 2004
I love the new tackling animations...  they're the most realistic feeling and looking that I've every seen in a video game.

Blue LED 3/17/2005
Message 7 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2004
First of all to BabyArm P1 I must respect your opinion since you listen to the ticket and must be a fan of the fighting Texas Aggies.

Can you play NCAA 2005 online?  Are their any good football games that you can play online that do not have tons of cheaters?
Message 8 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

Jul 16, 2004

,Pigskin Poet wrote:
Can you play NCAA 2005 online?  Are their any good football games that you can play online that do not have tons of cheaters?

Yes NCAA can be played online. As for cheaters,they're like frickin cockroaches,they always seem to find a way in and once in you can't seem to get rid of them. Fortnately I have a few family members and alot of friends that play online so I can usually play cheat free.

Message 9 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2966 posts

Jul 17, 2004

,se_brandon wrote:
I would have gotten NCAA if madden doesn't come out pretty soon.

same here but ESPN is comming out then Madden and then GTA.  Then Live and ESPN (gonna rent to see which one I want more). Then Killzone man damn they loaded up this year
Message 10 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes