Treasure Hunter
6350 posts

Re: NCAA 09 - No Defense?

Jul 20, 2008
i feel the same way its like you cant defend anything the computer does i can stop the run but thats it
Message 11 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Jul 20, 2008

Guys heres some tips on Defense.

Use the playbook that the team uses in real life.

User is the key you need to move guys around dont expect the Computer to do everything for you.

Play Zone, Man is weak against slants and inside passes.

If you know its a passing situation put 5 dbs on the field in zone.

Blitz at least 1 LB or use the line to create pressure on a play so that the QB can just sit back there and Daydream 

use playmaker and shift guys around before the play starts and make sure most of the field is covered with a zone.

Use a stronger Defensive team, if Offense is easy as you say you should be able to play with a bad one and still put points up on the board

Signature removed by Admin due to size violations. Please observe the 150kb limit.
Message 12 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1810 posts

Jul 20, 2008
Your best bet is to raise the AI for computer on defense.  That's what I had to do.
Message 13 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6351 posts

Jul 20, 2008

NewYorkYanks08 wrote:

Guys heres some tips on Defense.

Use the playbook that the team uses in real life.

User is the key you need to move guys around dont expect the Computer to do everything for you.

Play Zone, Man is weak against slants and inside passes.

If you know its a passing situation put 5 dbs on the field in zone.

Blitz at least 1 LB or use the line to create pressure on a play so that the QB can just sit back there and Daydream 

use playmaker and shift guys around before the play starts and make sure most of the field is covered with a zone.

Use a stronger Defensive team, if Offense is easy as you say you should be able to play with a bad one and still put points up on the board

Good tips, most of which I try to do.  I almost always blitz one LB to make sure the QB doesn't have tons of time to get the big play.  With Idaho, you wouldn't think my QB could go 19-19 and over 400 yards in one game.  I did throw most of those passes five or six yards down field and broke some big ones, obviously.  But, with a 60 ranked team, no way people are catching that many passes. 

You guys are right with the kicking also.  Last year, when you caught a punt, the defense was on you in a hurry most times.  Now, you catch it and have 20 yards of open field in front of you.  Kickoffs always seem to go to the endzone and are able to be ran out to the 30 or 40 with relatively no moves.  I guess I will have to try turning up the AI.

Message 14 of 14 (0 Views)
0 Likes