Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Re: Kimbo is a HORRIBLE fighter

Jun 4, 2008

Lacarious wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

amat2to0 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:
Now, maybe this experience will have Kimbo realize his flaw and work on it, because if he doesn't... "It's all over".

That's it. It's so hard to correct flaws that you can't see yourself on tape. Now Kimbo and Bas can sit down, watch tape and pick out every single mistake he made which is really just technical stuff that if you can spot you can manage. I like to point to Cheik Congo who is absolute **bleep** on the ground but it doesn't hurt him because he knows how to survive on the ground and that's really all Kimbo needs to do because standing up, he's not a horrible fighter he's a dangerous fighter with lethal fists. He's a project. He's not a champion but he does have an area of his game that is flat out better then most fighters in the game and that's standing up. Plenty of stand up fighters have been able to succeed in MMA.

The problem comes when he takes the mentality of "I can beat anyone standing up, I just need the basics of grappling" or worse he believes in his fists too much and doesn't even bother learning to fight on the ground because he survived this fight. I won't consider Kimbo a dangerous fighter or a serious contender to an MMA title until he learns to fight from his back, until then he's just not up there yet. Luckily it seems that unlike say Brock Lesnar this guy'll be given time to develop... The question becomes... does he want to?

Message Edited by MikeGrm on 06-04-2008 04:13 AM

will you consider him a dangerous fighter after he's knocked out his 4th or 5th opponent?  Or how about after he gets up from being elbowed in the head while on the ground fo eva and a day and knocks the dude out?  Or how about after he gets all tired from hugging all day and then knocks the dude out?  

Kimbo is dangerous to anyone that steps in the Oct with him.

and yeah dude.... he's working on that ground game... but damn.... who really cares about the ground game?  that ish is for weak azz scrubs that can't hang in a mans fight.  However some of the funniest moments occur when dudes are rolling on the ground together... like the crotch sniff or how one dude is on the ground kicking with his feet while the other is standing staring at him.  comedy i tell ya! 

I'll consider him a dangers striker... But anyone who watches MMA knows that that striking is only a part of the sport. Anyone who is as decidingly one sided as Kimbo can't be considered a truely dangerous fighter or a contender.

I really hate people who say the b.s. you just said. "tired from hugging all day", "who really cares about the ground game?  that ish is for weak azz scrubs that can't hang in a mans fight". You want boxing, watch boxing, MMA is more then two guys punching eachother in the head. I suggest you take some classes on grappling, it'll change your perspective, especially the first time you get an armbar or triangle choke slapped on you. I hope Kimbo holds your ignorant "real men don't grapple in a mans fight" crap and gets tapped out a few times.

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17426 posts

Jun 4, 2008

abercrombieco2 wrote:

Porkster504 wrote:
Im pretty sure Brute Strength is allowed in any MMA fight so I'm going to go with...HE'S A BEAST.

im pretty sure there are alot of guys that have a good stand up game with  a bellow average ground game in mma just like how some guys are beter on the ground then they are standing up.  accually thats why i enjoy watching mma because it takes a bunch of styles and matches them up in the ring against each other.  but yeah i would love to see rampage jackson own kimbo.   i don't think kimbo is that bad though, he is being trained in mma so it seems like he wants to take this seriously , its not like hes jumping in the ring with out any training at all.  will he ever be a great mma fighter? no.  will he draw fans? probally. i think thats what they want from him.

when its all ova... kimbo has the  potential to be the best mma balla eva.  He generates so much buzz when he fights.  that right there is a huge sign of something special.  peeps respect and notice outstanding talent and kimbo has that in both of his hands.  After he understands how to apply his pain on the ground then it will be tough to beat him no matter who you are in the MMA world.  

Kimbo's biggest block will probably be his stardom.  He's going to get so much attention\invites outside of the MMA world that it can potentially distract him and take time from training.  So it will all depend on his discipline and how he handles his fame\success.  I just hope he stays focused. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Jun 5, 2008

Kimbo is a very dangerous MMA fighter.  He don't have all the skills right now, but he still should be watched out for.  He didn't get here for just winning a few fights!  He has seriously f'd some ppl up!! 

No, he isn't the best right now, but you can make that arguement about a lot of fighters.  Every fighter has there own style!  Kimbo's style is "Streetfighting"!  Which is considered a form of martial arts!!  So for you dumb asses out there who say he don't belong there, just shut-up, you don't know what you're talking about!!

By no means is he ready for the top dogs yet though!  But give him some time and he'll be force to be reckoned with!!

"ALL SOLDIERS WILL GO TO HEAVEN....
...BECAUSE WE'VE ALREADY SERVED OUR TIME IN HELL!!!"
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
652 posts

Jun 5, 2008

Lacarious wrote:
I can't wait for his 4th fight.... similar to tyson fights.

MIke tyson   has the2nd best ko rating in heavyweight history 92.4. Tyson  wonthe  title at 19 yrs old.  m B4 u go make a comment about mike tyson go learn yours facts, kmbo is c- fighter at best, and elite  fc a is not a ufc, as far a talent. There a small brand with  sum real good fighter, kimbo is just  popular  and there using him and a few others to  to get  fame for elite fc.     they have differ rules for every  mma   orginzation.   so  stop comparing kimbo to tyson  tyson is  one of the best hevyweights to fight in a ring,   Ali even passed the tourch to  lennox lewis atfer he beat tyson. lennon  broke both hand  trying to knock tyson out, and tyson has 5-6 loses and 52 wins  49 kos
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17426 posts

Jun 5, 2008

soon he will be in the ring with those top dogs and word is this fall... i'd be more psyched for that fight then I would on opening NFL day.

it will be interesting to see someone take a kimbo punch str8 to the jaw in a 3rd round hug fust. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 5, 2008

Lacarious wrote:

soon he will be in the ring with those top dogs and word is this fall... i'd be more psyched for that fight then I would on opening NFL day.

it will be interesting to see someone take a kimbo punch str8 to the jaw in a 3rd round hug fust. 

agreed

THE PSU WAR AGAINST MODS 6-25-08
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17426 posts

Jun 5, 2008

nastyglass wrote:

Lacarious wrote:
I can't wait for his 4th fight.... similar to tyson fights.

MIke tyson   has the2nd best ko rating in heavyweight history 92.4. Tyson  wonthe  title at 19 yrs old.  m B4 u go make a comment about mike tyson go learn yours facts, kmbo is c- fighter at best, and elite  fc a is not a ufc, as far a talent. There a small brand with  sum real good fighter, kimbo is just  popular  and there using him and a few others to  to get  fame for elite fc.     they have differ rules for every  mma   orginzation.   so  stop comparing kimbo to tyson  tyson is  one of the best hevyweights to fight in a ring,   Ali even passed the tourch to  lennox lewis atfer he beat tyson. lennon  broke both hand  trying to knock tyson out, and tyson has 5-6 loses and 52 wins  49 kos

what?  I think you don't understand what I'm talking about and that is OK but chill and try to not take it personally.  Let me break it down a bit.

The comparison is in reference to the buzz that surrounded tyson fights.  understand now? 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17426 posts

Jun 5, 2008
last time I checked... MMA is all about dangerous striking and those that strike the dangerous usually end up on the winning end... similar to how kimbo has easily won all his matches and even had to deal with some scrub trying to bust out his best hug fest routine.  hugging looks more like a dude that is scared of getting his face busted up.  long durations of rolling around on the matt may excite you and get your strategic thoughts going but it's definitely not why peeps watch or care about MMA.  Those that try to man up against kimbo and go toe to toe know that kimbo is dangerous and will not be able to hang with his skills.  something that you may begin to understand too keep you from responding with your consistent fall back plan "ignorance" when discussing sports topics.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jun 5, 2008

Lacarious wrote:
last time I checked... MMA is all about dangerous striking and those that strike the dangerous usually end up on the winning end... similar to how kimbo has easily won all his matches and even had to deal with some scrub trying to bust out his best hug fest routine.  hugging looks more like a dude that is scared of getting his face busted up.  long durations of rolling around on the matt may excite you and get your strategic thoughts going but it's definitely not why peeps watch or care about MMA.  Those that try to man up against kimbo and go toe to toe know that kimbo is dangerous and will not be able to hang with his skills.  something that you may begin to understand too keep you from responding with your consistent fall back plan "ignorance" when discussing sports topics.

And this is where you've proven your lack of knowledge in the sport. BOXING is about striking, MMA is about MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. That "hugging" you're so quick to insult is far more dangerous then striking in a lot of ways. I don't care why people like you watch the sport, you aren't a real fan anyways, you're just one of those excitement hounds who wants everyone to get KO'ed every match and for every match to be a slugfest. That won't help Kimbo when he fights someone who's a good wrestler that will tap or choke him out. He'll look like a 'real man' when he's flat on his bad unconcious.

"long durations of rolling around on the matt may excite you and get your strategic thoughts going"-- me thinks you're a homophobe. I'm not one (homo) but apparently you're not secure enough in your manhood to watch MMA artists perform that side of their craft. Stick to boxing, you can get all the head punches you want there. Perhaps you just aren't mature enough to watch MMA since this is the first place you go. I seriously hope you take my advice and find a place that teaches MMA. I'd love to see a 'real man' like your punk *** get choked out.

Grim Truth a.k.a. MikeGrm
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17426 posts

Jun 6, 2008
can you explain why the fight was called?  I'm finding it hard to understand it do to my lack of knowledge in the punching, kicking, hugging... sport.  It's a little too intellectual for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (0 Views)
0 Likes