Reply
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:

Dana White didn't put the UFC on the map, Spike TV did. They made the reality show happen and that is what put UFC on the map. It wasn't Dana that got the deal with SpikeTV either. Calling him a savior and a genius is a joke of epic proportions.

 

He treats his fighters terrible, UFC fighters are the most underpaid in all of sports. My brother worked the corner of David Terrell in his welterweight TITLE fight. Title fight. David Terrell got $5,000 for 3 months of training for a title fight. The guy had to put his whole purse towards medical expenses AND he got money taken out of his check for a week at the hotel. But I don't need my brother to tell me that. Ask Randy Coutoure. When Keith Jardine got knocked out against Silva, he got paid $10,000 for his co-main event bout. Do you know how much a Cat scan cost? A lot of these fighters are going to be homeless in 20 years because they are making peanuts under Dana. Kalib Starnes literally ran for 15 minutes in his last fight in protest of Dana. And he had every right to, Dana is a piece of **bleep** who cares nothing about his fighters. Who told you Dana was a savior? I'm guessing Dana himself because he's an egotistical **bleep**.

 

As for the talent, he doesn't know how to develop talent to save his life yet he keeps signing young talent, why? Case in point, Brock Lesnar. 1 fight for Brock, good going Dana. Any promoter with any sense would send his younger guys to smaller shows so they can actually grow as fighters. But Dana can't develop his own talent, he can only sign it away. He completely messed up the Pride merge to the point where a good majority of Pride fans won't even watch the UFC.

 

And on top of that, the guy has no bearings, he has no clue. Like I said, he said Fedor wasn't worth signing. How can you possibly call someone who says that a genious? Dana White is an idiot who is only a name because he convinced his buddy the rich guy to buy the company and put him as the figurehead.


Sounds like you just hate him because of how he treats his fighters. Underpaying is the new American way, it's the Wal-Mart effect. If you can get past that you'll see what Dana White has done for MMA and UFC specifically.  
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 41 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/08/2005
Offline
9774 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

BlueIce5249 wrote:

amat2to0 wrote:

Dana White didn't put the UFC on the map, Spike TV did. They made the reality show happen and that is what put UFC on the map. It wasn't Dana that got the deal with SpikeTV either. Calling him a savior and a genius is a joke of epic proportions.

 

He treats his fighters terrible, UFC fighters are the most underpaid in all of sports. My brother worked the corner of David Terrell in his welterweight TITLE fight. Title fight. David Terrell got $5,000 for 3 months of training for a title fight. The guy had to put his whole purse towards medical expenses AND he got money taken out of his check for a week at the hotel. But I don't need my brother to tell me that. Ask Randy Coutoure. When Keith Jardine got knocked out against Silva, he got paid $10,000 for his co-main event bout. Do you know how much a Cat scan cost? A lot of these fighters are going to be homeless in 20 years because they are making peanuts under Dana. Kalib Starnes literally ran for 15 minutes in his last fight in protest of Dana. And he had every right to, Dana is a piece of **bleep** who cares nothing about his fighters. Who told you Dana was a savior? I'm guessing Dana himself because he's an egotistical **bleep**.

 

As for the talent, he doesn't know how to develop talent to save his life yet he keeps signing young talent, why? Case in point, Brock Lesnar. 1 fight for Brock, good going Dana. Any promoter with any sense would send his younger guys to smaller shows so they can actually grow as fighters. But Dana can't develop his own talent, he can only sign it away. He completely messed up the Pride merge to the point where a good majority of Pride fans won't even watch the UFC.

 

And on top of that, the guy has no bearings, he has no clue. Like I said, he said Fedor wasn't worth signing. How can you possibly call someone who says that a genious? Dana White is an idiot who is only a name because he convinced his buddy the rich guy to buy the company and put him as the figurehead.


Sounds like you just hate him because of how he treats his fighters. Underpaying is the new American way, it's the Wal-Mart effect. If you can get past that you'll see what Dana White has done for MMA and UFC specifically.


JUUUUDDAAAHHHHH
Message 42 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:

Umm that fight was stopped early but Thompson was about 2 punches away from getting knocked off his block. Kimbo wasn't going to lose that fight, he was in trouble but he wasn't going to lose. I know he's not unbeatable, you seem to be the only one saying he is, saying other people think he is. Who is calling Kimbo the best and saying he's going to dominate?

You're talking nonsense here, this whole thread. My suggestion is to only talk if you actually know what you're talking about. I've seen your post you're not a bad poster when you actually know what you're saying but you're talking out of your ass here.
The MMA community that is promoting him as a god, look at all the headlines he's got for doing nothing. Look at some of the posts in here And all Thompson had to do was keep going and he most likely would have won, one judge actually had him winning.  
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 43 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:

BlueIce5249 wrote:

amat2to0 wrote:

Dana White didn't put the UFC on the map, Spike TV did. They made the reality show happen and that is what put UFC on the map. It wasn't Dana that got the deal with SpikeTV either. Calling him a savior and a genius is a joke of epic proportions.

 

He treats his fighters terrible, UFC fighters are the most underpaid in all of sports. My brother worked the corner of David Terrell in his welterweight TITLE fight. Title fight. David Terrell got $5,000 for 3 months of training for a title fight. The guy had to put his whole purse towards medical expenses AND he got money taken out of his check for a week at the hotel. But I don't need my brother to tell me that. Ask Randy Coutoure. When Keith Jardine got knocked out against Silva, he got paid $10,000 for his co-main event bout. Do you know how much a Cat scan cost? A lot of these fighters are going to be homeless in 20 years because they are making peanuts under Dana. Kalib Starnes literally ran for 15 minutes in his last fight in protest of Dana. And he had every right to, Dana is a piece of **bleep** who cares nothing about his fighters. Who told you Dana was a savior? I'm guessing Dana himself because he's an egotistical **bleep**.

 

As for the talent, he doesn't know how to develop talent to save his life yet he keeps signing young talent, why? Case in point, Brock Lesnar. 1 fight for Brock, good going Dana. Any promoter with any sense would send his younger guys to smaller shows so they can actually grow as fighters. But Dana can't develop his own talent, he can only sign it away. He completely messed up the Pride merge to the point where a good majority of Pride fans won't even watch the UFC.

 

And on top of that, the guy has no bearings, he has no clue. Like I said, he said Fedor wasn't worth signing. How can you possibly call someone who says that a genious? Dana White is an idiot who is only a name because he convinced his buddy the rich guy to buy the company and put him as the figurehead.


Sounds like you just hate him because of how he treats his fighters. Underpaying is the new American way, it's the Wal-Mart effect. If you can get past that you'll see what Dana White has done for MMA and UFC specifically.


 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 44 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/08/2005
Offline
9774 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008
Haha, you're not going to get the last word here everything you say is wrong.

1) The MMA community is not calling Kimbo God. I don't know what the hell you're talking about but if you think the hardcore fans are calling Kimbo God then you are wrong again. It's the fairweather fans who know nothing and saw Kimbo on Youtube that are overrating him the most.

2) I highlighted my "MMA specific" criticisms. You highlighted your post saying I didn't have any MMA specific criticisms. So.....I don't know I'm dumbfounded.

JUUUUDDAAAHHHHH
Message 45 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:
Haha, you're not going to get the last word here everything you say is wrong.

1) The MMA community is not calling Kimbo God. I don't know what the hell you're talking about but if you think the hardcore fans are calling Kimbo God then you are wrong again. It's the fairweather fans who know nothing and saw Kimbo on Youtube that are overrating him the most.

2) I highlighted my "MMA specific" criticisms. You highlighted your post saying I didn't have any MMA specific criticisms. So.....I don't know I'm dumbfounded.
The MMA community I was referring to was the media, like CBS and the rere's that keep putting him on the headlining fight just to please fairweather fans. Those fairweather fans are the fans I am talking about that are overrating him. I mean come on, TIGER WOODS? Please. 
I just highlighted my post because you highlighted yours lol. I can do it too. But seriously, I just can't call the guy an idiot when he's done so much for the UFC, even if it is just as a figurehead. To get to where he is he's doen something right. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 46 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/08/2005
Offline
9774 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

BlueIce5249 wrote:

amat2to0 wrote:
Haha, you're not going to get the last word here everything you say is wrong.

1) The MMA community is not calling Kimbo God. I don't know what the hell you're talking about but if you think the hardcore fans are calling Kimbo God then you are wrong again. It's the fairweather fans who know nothing and saw Kimbo on Youtube that are overrating him the most.

2) I highlighted my "MMA specific" criticisms. You highlighted your post saying I didn't have any MMA specific criticisms. So.....I don't know I'm dumbfounded.
The MMA community I was referring to was the media, like CBS and the rere's that keep putting him on the headlining fight just to please fairweather fans. Those fairweather fans are the fans I am talking about that are overrating him. I mean come on, TIGER WOODS? Please.
I just highlighted my post because you highlighted yours lol. I can do it too. But seriously, I just can't call the guy an idiot when he's done so much for the UFC, even if it is just as a figurehead. To get to where he is he's doen something right.



Like you have any problems calling anyone names. The Patriots must have done a couple things right too right?

And CBS, the fairweather fans, those people mean nothing. The same people who said Danica would dominate, Michelle Wie would dominate, they overhype things it's their job. You're not supposed to take them so seriously.

JUUUUDDAAAHHHHH
Message 47 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:
Like you have any problems calling anyone names. The Patriots must have done a couple things right too right?

And CBS, the fairweather fans, those people mean nothing. The same people who said Danica would dominate, Michelle Wie would dominate, they overhype things it's their job. You're not supposed to take them so seriously.

Of course the Cheatriots have done something right, and then they got caught 

 

And I don't take them seriously, but it still annoys me. Don't even get me started on Danica, there is nobody overhyped as much as she is. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 48 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/08/2005
Offline
9774 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008
9:00-9:30pm 2.4/5
9:30-10:00pm 2.5/5
10:00-10:30pm 3.2/6
10:30-11:00pm 3.7/7
11:00-11:30pm 4.0/8
11:30-11:45pm 4.7/10

Those are the ratings. Not bad really that's about what an HBO boxing match does and if my memory is correct that's bigger then any of the Ultimate Fighter finales.

JUUUUDDAAAHHHHH
Message 49 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/09/2004
Offline
19014 posts
 

Re: Kimbo Slice vs ......? Thompson on CBS

Jun 2, 2008

amat2to0 wrote:
9:00-9:30pm 2.4/5
9:30-10:00pm 2.5/5
10:00-10:30pm 3.2/6
10:30-11:00pm 3.7/7
11:00-11:30pm 4.0/8
11:30-11:45pm 4.7/10

Those are the ratings. Not bad really that's about what an HBO boxing match does and if my memory is correct that's bigger then any of the Ultimate Fighter finales.

Even the XFL had good ratings at one point lol. But yeah people are intrigued so they're going to tune in. I'd expect the next one, if there is one, to be a bit higher now that people are curious about it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 50 of 62 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes