Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 10 2008
By: TopBillin Lombax Warrior 207 posts

Just how bad will the US team be on FIFA 09?

18 replies 1 views Edited Jul 10, 2008

Well, it's only been a few days since the new world rankings were published.  As we all know, FIFA's rankings are useless and biased (IMO), but the US slid all the way to 31.  Anyone think this we be reflected in the team strength when FIFA 09 comes out?

A side topic: what about the line-up?  Just how powerful will young phenom's Altidore, Adu, Bradley, Edu, Cooper and Pearce be?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Re: Just how bad will the US team be on FIFA 09?

Jul 10, 2008
hopefully good. I played a match on 08 yesterday where I was US and the other team was Brazil.  This person was trying their heart out and it was 0-0 in the 80th minute....then he got a goal on a cross.  I was pounding his goal the whole time but couldnt get anything past. I like playing with the US so I hope their respectable in 2009

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5887 posts

Jul 10, 2008
Let's face the music: FOOTBALL (SOCCER) IS NOT OUR PASSION.
Message Edited by Playstation_Two on 07-10-2008 10:56 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17648 posts

Jul 10, 2008
With sports games... it's all about who is holding the controller.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Jul 10, 2008

Lacarious wrote:

Exactly. I beat England 2-0 and Netherlands 2-0 online with my hometown, 1 and a half star team (Coca cola League 1, Championship next season:smileyhappy:)

On the other hand, the US wont be anything less than 4 star, i think theres only 1 team that is on the international. Also, its the players playing for your team, not how good they are, if UTD, Arsenal, Liverpool etc etc lost every match they had next season, they would still be 5 stars on Fifa 2010 because of there players. Another example, in manager mode, the only way to get a better rating is to buy players.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Jul 13, 2008

But that's the issue: how good will the players on the US team be in game? Who will be on the active roster? I think Bradley's squad is in flux, and we won't get to see them in any real action until August against Guatemala (the Barbados home-and-home didn't really show us much), long after the game has been finalized...

I think the developers are going to have to draw straws or something to decide who the starters are going to be because it keeps subtly changing with every match...

I say: F's -- Clint Dempsey up top, Freddie Adu just behind him; M's -- DeMarcus Beasley out on the left wing, Landon Donovan out on the right, Pablo Mastreoni holding in the middle and Michael Bradley attacking in the center; D's -- Guch Onyewu and Carlos Bocanegra in the middle with Steve Cherundolo and Heath Pearce on the outsides; GK -- Tim Howard, hands down.

Top Reserves: Altidore, Cooper, Ching, Edu, Klejstan, Clark, Hedjuk, Reis, Hanneman

Message Edited by TopBillin on 07-13-2008 12:02 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Jul 13, 2008
We dropped in rankings but not in talent except throught out the midfield.  We have great outside players ostly but the Midfield is terrible .  The reason we drop in ratings was the Europe trip and a few other games plus UEFA teams jumped playing in tournanment.  If the tea stayed playing Antarctica as friendlies we'd still be in the top 10..
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jul 13, 2008

Playstation_Two wrote:
Let's face the music: FOOTBALL (SOCCER) IS NOT OUR PASSION.
Message Edited by Playstation_Two on 07-10-2008 10:56 AM

why would you take the time to even post if your gonna say stuff like that idiot

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6735 posts

Jul 13, 2008
You say Howard for GK, And yeah i agree, but saying that, Aston villa are trying really hard to buy Who ever Chivas (sp?) GK Is
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

Jul 13, 2008

Mero wrote:

Lacarious wrote:

Exactly. I beat England 2-0 and Netherlands 2-0 online with my hometown, 1 and a half star team (Coca cola League 1, Championship next season:smileyhappy:)

On the other hand, the US wont be anything less than 4 star, i think theres only 1 team that is on the international. Also, its the players playing for your team, not how good they are, if UTD, Arsenal, Liverpool etc etc lost every match they had next season, they would still be 5 stars on Fifa 2010 because of there players. Another example, in manager mode, the only way to get a better rating is to buy players.

You don't need to buy players to get better rating, you just have to improve the players you got. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (1 View)
0 Likes