Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/02/2008
Offline
3067 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 26, 2008

Those players were really good because Jordan expected that out of them. Phil Jackson didn't need to motivate the players because Jordan already had it covered

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/10/2005
Offline
11045 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008
He will one of the best all time, and easily the best since. I don't think he will have MJ status though. Maybe no one ever will again. It's like Wayne Gretzky. I don't really see anyone ever surpassing what he did.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/24/2002
Offline
8765 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

athlete420 wrote:

Those players were really good because Jordan expected that out of them. Phil Jackson didn't need to motivate the players because Jordan already had it covered


See I have nothing but love for MJ but when people start talking like this I want to smack them and I start thinking MJ is the worst thing that happened to basketball.  People act like he didn't do anything wrong....what you just posted was complete and utter BS.  By every account the young MJ was a terrible teammate.  Punching a teammate...telling Will Purdue to call himself Will Vanderbilt because he didn't deserve to be named after a big 10 school, etc.  MJ didn't make Kukoc, Pippen, Rodman and Harper.  Those guys would be good anywhere and most of them were.  Phil used the same tactics he used with the Lakers on his Bulls...the same motivation stuff, etc.  

 

With all that said..when Kobe retires if he fufills his potential I'll place him in the top 10 at the very least and most likley somewhere in the top 5, but MJ?  Skillwise perhaps, but he's going to have to do more than MJ did for that because Mike along with Magic were Kobe's blueprints.  

Wearing the 45
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/29/2005
Offline
3682 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

listen wow, there will never ever ever be another michael jordan! I don't see why people keep trying to compare to the greatest ever, no ones even close. Kobe yes is a great player top ten for sure in my book.but he'll never get close to these stats...

 

Honors: Six-time NBA champion (1991-93, 1996-98); MVP (1988, '91, '92, '96, '98); 10-time All-NBA First Team (1987-93, 1996-98); All-NBA Second Team (1985); Defensive Player of the Year (1988); Nine-time All-Defensive First Team (1988-93, 1996-98); Rookie of the Year (1985); 14-time All-Star; All-Star MVP (1988, '96, '98); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History ('96); Olympic gold medalist (1984, '92).

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/24/2002
Offline
8765 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

Supermanwiz wrote:

listen wow, there will never ever ever be another michael jordan! I don't see why people keep trying to compare to the greatest ever, no ones even close. Kobe yes is a great player top ten for sure in my book.but he'll never get close to these stats...

 

Honors: Six-time NBA champion (1991-93, 1996-98); MVP (1988, '91, '92, '96, '98); 10-time All-NBA First Team (1987-93, 1996-98); All-NBA Second Team (1985); Defensive Player of the Year (1988); Nine-time All-Defensive First Team (1988-93, 1996-98); Rookie of the Year (1985); 14-time All-Star; All-Star MVP (1988, '96, '98); One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History ('96); Olympic gold medalist (1984, '92).


Numbers don't show everything and if you abide by that then Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest ever statistically speaking.  With that said...how can Kobe match that when he played with Shaq?  He can't....I won't judge the guy until his career is done though.  

Message Edited by Gamecaver on 05-27-2008 02:04 AM
Wearing the 45
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 09/04/2002
Online
17605 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

No!

 

Kobe = Kobe

 

Jordan was a much fiercer opponent and would str8 bang on your head all game.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/28/2006
Offline
202 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

never.




Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/16/2003
Offline
10210 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008
I still think player of the decade is Tim Duncan.  sure he's not as "jazzy" as kobe, but he finished top5 in mvp voting all but 1 year, and has 4 rings with 1 team.. could possibly have 5 in 10.



Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/29/2008
Offline
2213 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 27, 2008

Lacarious wrote:

No!

 

Kobe = Kobe

 

Jordan was a much fiercer opponent and would str8 bang on your head all game.


 

thats what i said back on page 1. MJ is MJ and Kobe is Kobe. No comparisons. there both different players.

 

"Expect the Unexpected"

6 wins till NBA champs. GO lakers

D5-Red5hadow, former XFB

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/13/2008
Offline
2570 posts
 

Re: If the Lakers win the title, does Kobe = Jordan?

May 28, 2008
Can't say tell he's retired. He's the closet though!!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes