Jun 19 2008
By: Al2x Ghost of Sparta 14654 posts

Germany's "Decisive" goal was a load of Bollocks

6 replies 4 views Edited Jun 19, 2008
I guess referees are much more leniant nowadays to allow a blatant push off to score the goal. What a terribly called Euro Cup this has been.

Message 1 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

Re: Germany's "Decisive" goal was a load of Bollocks

Jun 19, 2008

Al2x wrote:
I guess referees are much more leniant nowadays to allow a blatant push off to score the goal. What a terribly called Euro Cup this has been.

Is some one made because their teams was knocted out? That wasn't a strong push anyways, weak portugal defenders. 

Message 2 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2283 posts

Jun 19, 2008

The5DollarBill wrote:

Al2x wrote:

Is some one made because their teams was knocted out? That wasn't a strong push anyways, weak portugal defenders. 

whether it was a strong push or not it was a push and should have been a freekick and if scolari could of seen it how couldn't the linesman or the referee.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

Jun 19, 2008

warrior4449 wrote:

The5DollarBill wrote:

Al2x wrote:

whether it was a strong push or not it was a push and should have been a freekick and if scolari could of seen it how couldn't the linesman or the referee.

To me it did not look like a push. Ballack had his arms extended throught his run. 

Message 4 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jun 19, 2008

Why does this surprise anyone? Have you seen the decisions that refs have gotten away with?

• van Nistlerooy's goal against Italy
  • The handball in France vs Holland
  • Toni's goal ruled offsides
  • Ballack's push 

I think it's fair to say that the refs have been horrible. It's pretty sad when the day after every match, Uefa has to pull out rule 11.2.321131423.10 to prove a decision was correct
Message 5 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2283 posts

Jun 19, 2008

The5DollarBill wrote:

warrior4449 wrote:

The5DollarBill wrote:

Al2x wrote:

To me it did not look like a push. Ballack had his arms extended throught his run. 

oh really. look at the replays, he was running with ferreira when the ball came in ballack pushed him in the back. that's supposed to be a freekick but once again the calls in euro fail to be consistent.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2283 posts

Jun 19, 2008

JDplasma11 wrote:

Why does this surprise anyone? Have you seen the decisions that refs have gotten away with?

• van Nistlerooy's goal against Italy
  • The handball in France vs Holland
  • Toni's goal ruled offsides
  • Ballack's push 

I think it's fair to say that the refs have been horrible. It's pretty sad when the day after every match, Uefa has to pull out rule 11.2.321131423.10 to prove a decision was correct

i agree. in this match simao was tackled poorly but portugal didn't get a freekick and the german defender didn't recieve a card. klose ended up in a clash with pepe almost similar to that of simao's and germany gets a freekick, pepe gets a yellow card, ballack subsequently pushes ferreria when the ball is delivered from said freekick and germany score. a sad chain of events.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7 (4 Views)
0 Likes