Fender Bender
4628 posts

Re: ESPN 2005 a bit of a letdown

Jul 22, 2004

,Slick Jay wrote:

,Stevobevo wrote:
i heard that ESPNs graphics were not as good in the game as they looked in the screenshots shown online. can anyone give me an unbiased answer to wether the graphics are really all that spectacular?

okay heres madden's graphics, and heres espn's graphics, 25x beter....

i said unbaised. madden isnt even out yet. so have you played it? no. therefore you have only seen screenshots of madden and being ignorant decide screenshots is all that matters when it comes to graphics. please next time think before you reply. im asking about ESPN's in game graphics. example: do the character's movements look real? are they choppy at all? how good do the characters look in the game?

Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3365 posts

Jul 22, 2004

,Stevobevo wrote:

,Slick Jay wrote:

,Stevobevo wrote:
i heard that ESPNs graphics were not as good in the game as they looked in the screenshots shown online. can anyone give me an unbiased answer to wether the graphics are really all that spectacular?

okay heres madden's graphics, and heres espn's graphics, 25x beter....

i said unbaised. madden isnt even out yet. so have you played it? no. therefore you have only seen screenshots of madden and being ignorant decide screenshots is all that matters when it comes to graphics. please next time think before you reply. im asking about ESPN's in game graphics. example: do the character's movements look real? are they choppy at all? how good do the characters look in the game?
Agreed I'm sick of the ESPN fanboys holding on to there little graphic line. even if it does have better graphics it doesn't make much of a difference. Gameplay is a lot more important in a sports game then graphics. Anyway yeah I as much expected ESPN had realism gameplay problems. As the original did too. Madden is better for realism and gameplay while ESPN is an arcadey type of game.
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Jul 22, 2004
I am not a fanboy, but I will admit ESPN is a very solid game.  As I posted earlier, no one can say that ESPN is the best, because  Madden is not out yet.  People should reserve judgement until they have played both games.
PSN Name = Maniac-64-
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
603 posts

Jul 22, 2004
,PDBlack wrote:
I can say I've been EA'ized as well,but for $20 I had to give 2K5 a try. I like it. More than Madden? I'll get back to y'all on that one,need to play some more. But so far I'll have to agree somewhat with King,I find it hard to put your D where you want it and have noticed the running in slow motion thing as well. It's definetly a different game than EA's that's for sure. I'm going to need a new X button soon,cuz I'm soooooo used to hitting it on D to change my player and it's O on this game,and I'm still pounding X even though it does nothing....lol. I'll probably get flamed like all get out,but I fell 2K5 is more arcadey than previous Maddens and NCAA 05,but I'm not saying that as a bad thing,just a difference in the gameplay. And I'm not a fan of Blitz or other arcade football games(now arcadey hockey games I love,as well as sims) But all in all,I'm glad I picked it up. I'm having alot of fun with it,and even when I get Madden I will still play this game,it's a hell of alot of fun. And I guess that's what matters most isn't it,having fun?

i guess i dont have to type it...PDBlack said it for me...
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 22, 2004
For 20$ you cant beat it...I havent played nfk 2k series since the dream cast and I do like it ...as far as the half time show and such Ill just use that to rub it in with my friends.  With the hdd I like the half time show I hear with out the hdd you only see pics is that true? (I see clips right now)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3392 posts

Jul 22, 2004

,Stevobevo wrote:

the graphics are amazing, and the players animations are even better, the tackling might be the best part of the game, its amazying to see one guy being dragged buy a running back and then another guy coming up and knocking the hell out of the running back,
Photobucket
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 22, 2004

,theonlymajor11 wrote:

,Stevobevo wrote:

the graphics are amazing, and the players animations are even better, the tackling might be the best part of the game, its amazying to see one guy being dragged buy a running back and then another guy coming up and knocking the hell out of the running back,

yeah you gotta love the presentation and the surrond sound is awsome

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes