Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Re: Dodgers predictions?

Apr 13, 2008
HOLY SHIZ Dodgers need to get their act together, and Andrew Jones has been a bust so far.
fire at the office Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Apr 13, 2008
heck yea were beating the Padres 7-1 today, this is what we need more off.
fire at the office Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20335 posts

Apr 13, 2008

LeoPSfreak wrote:
HOLY SHIZ Dodgers need to get their act together, and Andrew Jones has been a bust so far.
I'm more concerned about our ace. 3.86 ERA and 0-2 after the 0.00 opener? I'm concerned about that. Of course, I haven't watched them play, so I don't know how much to attribute to our defense, which wasn't very good last year.

Last night's game was great though. We need to win games in our division against good teams more consistently than we have.  
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Apr 16, 2008

I wonder, why is it when good players come to the Dodgers, they fizzle out, or don't perform nearly as well as the could have. Players like J.D. Drew, Jason Schmidt, and of course Andruw Jones to name a few. Is it like a Dodger curse or something? This is ridiculous. If you don't believe me, this is also reflected in video games too when you look at the ratings of those players the year before and then when the join the Dodgers. Anyone else feel this way?

Oh, and I guess you guys can start knocking on me for my predictions which don't look like they're going to come true.

"Success is best showed, not told."

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Apr 17, 2008
angels are better
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
800 posts

Apr 17, 2008

It's still early in the season and a lot of games are left. I was at last nights game at Dodger Stadium and he had his first multi hit game of the year. I mean, he's coming of his worse year of his career so I do expect him to bounce back. He's only 30 years old, he's not that old. He's found how to put some wood on the ball the past few days so he'll start to get some hits.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20335 posts

Apr 17, 2008

lakergeoff wrote:

I wonder, why is it when good players come to the Dodgers, they fizzle out, or don't perform nearly as well as the could have. Players like J.D. Drew, Jason Schmidt, and of course Andruw Jones to name a few. Is it like a Dodger curse or something? This is ridiculous. If you don't believe me, this is also reflected in video games too when you look at the ratings of those players the year before and then when the join the Dodgers. Anyone else feel this way?

Oh, and I guess you guys can start knocking on me for my predictions which don't look like they're going to come true.

I'm not too worried just yet. It's a long season, and we're 6-8...and looking to be 7-8. We've been crushing the Pirates tonight and last night 19-3, and there's still baseball left to be played in tonight's game. We need to start playing a higher level against our division rivals, though, but this series against the Pirates has to be a good thing for our guys. We'll get Nomar back this weekend to help stabilize third and I'm still not ready to throw the panic flag on Jones. If he's still slumping by the middle of May...I'll start worrying...but not at this point.

But there does seem to be some kind of Dodger curse in effect. They always look to have a solid enough team to compete, but they haven't been able to get anything to roll decades. We're not complete this year...but we should be winning games more consistently against teams like the D'Backs and Padres.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Apr 18, 2008

LakerForever24 wrote:
angels are better
I'm not trying to be rude here, but this is a Dodger thread, not an Angel thread. And wouldn't Lakers fan(I'm assuming you're one) favor the Dodgers more than the Angels, because of the LA thing? (Somehow I know you're going to use the excuse that Kobe is an Angel fan in her somewhere). Anyway, I kindly ask that you don't post anymore Angel stuff until they get 175 million fans. Thank you for your cooperation.
Message Edited by lakergeoff on 04-18-2008 02:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 45 (0 Views)
0 Likes