Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2008
By: lakergeoff~ Lombax Warrior 150 posts

Dodgers predictions?

44 replies 1 views Edited Apr 1, 2008

Hey Dodger fans! Now that it's the start of the season, feel free to post your predictions or questions about the Dodgers. Consider questions such as: Will Andruw Jones bounce back? , Do the Dodgers have any dire needs that have to be filled?, or How far will they go this season? Please post your thoughts.

"Success is best showed, not told."

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20919 posts

Re: Dodgers predictions?

Apr 1, 2008

lakergeoff wrote:

Hey Dodger fans! Now that it's the start of the season, feel free to post your predictions or questions about the Dodgers. Consider questions such as: Will Andruw Jones bounce back? , Do the Dodgers have any dire needs that have to be filled?, or How far will they go this season? Please post your thoughts.

Gotta get healthy at third. It's ridiciulous. Fortunately, defense and power hitting were addressed a bit with Jones, who I think will have a solid year. But I'm still a bit concerned about the defense and the power hitting as a whole.

I think the bulk of the Dodgers success will come within the rotation. It looks to be the best overall rotation in the division, and Penny certainly didn't miss a beat today. If the rotation can be successful and the bullpen can stay healthy (c'mon Saito!), I see no reason they won't win the division. I thought they were good enough last year, and they're better this year, so I can't back off that. Not to mention, Torre's a player's manager, which I think will have an incredible impact on the team, anything less than the division would be a disappointment

Regarding playoffs, I'll be happy with being in the playoffs this year. An NLCS appearance would be overachieving, I think. I don't think we're as good as New York or Chicago, and maybe Philly...but it's a long season. Hopefully they can address their issues throughout the season and really surprise me.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Apr 1, 2008

I think we are good enough to win the division. I really think that our two young players Matt Kemp and James Loney will

have great years. Our rotation is good and I think our bullpen is as good as any. Starting Ethier over Pierre was a great

move by Torre.

Message Edited by LeoPSfreak on 03-31-2008 09:43 PM
fire at the office Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
800 posts

Apr 1, 2008

NL West is going to tough to win. I don't see how they can not win the Division and take the next step in the Playoffs. It's a tough division though, but I think they can at least make the Playoffs.

The Dodgers still have questions regarding the power in that line up, but with Eithier, Kemp and Loney all giving collective numbers. It can add up really quick. Not to mention Andruw Jones out there in CF, all im asking is for him is to hit like .255, but that maybe to much to ask.

They do have a great overall Rotation and a bullpen so pitching is not too much of a concern, but hopefully they can stay healthy.

Pierre is making a lot of money to come off the bench, but it's all about winning and Ethier is out playing him. If he struggles early though, we'll start seeing Pierre in LF. I still think theres going to be a lot of split time with Kemp, Ethier and Pierre.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
266 posts

Apr 1, 2008
I think we could win the division as well. We're lacking a big hitter but we're solid everywhere else. I've been trying to work out a trade for some kind of major hitter for my MLB 08 franchise team but no luck so far.
-Games I AM Playing-
All PS3
NBA 09 The Inside 8/10
GTA IV 10/10
Madden 09 7/10
Check out my poster!!!
^^^^^ Make one at Step Inside The Life
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8792 posts

Apr 1, 2008
Probably make it in on the wild card spot...
Wave goodbye...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Apr 2, 2008

I hope the Dodgers don't make any sudden moves. Although maybe acquiring another 3rd basemen wouldn't hurt. They also might want to consider training another closer considering Saito is 38 years old, even though he's still "bad to the bone" (If you go to Dodgers games you'll get the joke.). I think Broxton might not be ready yet and is better suited for the setup man position.

As for the hitting, this is all I have to say. If Andruw Jones can hit around .250 with at least 30 HRs and around 100 RBIs, along with the other players that produce, they will be in good shape. I know those numbers seem like a steep climb, but I believe Andruw is capable. You can quote me on the numbers, and at the end of the season, injuries pending, we'll see how things turn out. Go Blue!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2640 posts

Apr 2, 2008
the dodgers should have a good year if they let their young players play. Loney/Kemp/Either
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2251 posts

Apr 2, 2008
Yea Dodgers win today on a Delwyn Young hit, Furcal was huge today.
fire at the office Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
800 posts

Apr 2, 2008

Furcal is 100% healthy and he's playing great so far. He had a good spring and that is carrying over into the season so far. As long as he's consistant, he should have a big year.

p.s. great win tonight againtst the Giants!! 

Message Edited by VeilSideRX on 04-01-2008 10:53 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes