30 replies 180 views Edited Mar 11, 2006

Message Edited by sKa_mAn on 03-11-200610:18 AM

Message 1 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Re: Barry Bonds, then and now

Mar 11, 2006
To be fair, that first picture was from 1993.  The second from more then 10 years later.  Anyone can put on that much muscle in 12 years.  Find a pic of him during the 1998 season and then the comparision will be valid.
Message 2 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10950 posts

Mar 11, 2006

SecondRoundKO wrote:
To be fair, that first picture was from 1993.  The second from more then 10 years later.  Anyone can put on that much muscle in 12 years.  Find a pic of him during the 1998 season and then the comparision will be valid.

bonds and 1998 ALLstar game

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Message 3 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3368 posts

Mar 11, 2006

Message 4 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3593 posts

Mar 12, 2006
Everyone always compares the "then and now" pictures of bonds. Anyone in on these boards can put on that amount of muscle in as many years if you tried. A guy on my college baseball team was an amateur bodybuilder. During the 4 years I played with him, his body changed dramatically. He's not competeing anymore but, looking at his college pictures and seeing him now is like night and day. We've only been out of college 7 years.

Like Lance Armstrong, Bonds has no positive tests. People can say what they want but...
Message 5 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10950 posts

Mar 12, 2006

SLOYAROLE wrote:
Everyone always compares the "then and now" pictures of bonds. Anyone in on these boards can put on that amount of muscle in as many years if you tried. A guy on my college baseball team was an amateur bodybuilder. During the 4 years I played with him, his body changed dramatically. He's not competeing anymore but, looking at his college pictures and seeing him now is like night and day. We've only been out of college 7 years.

Like Lance Armstrong, Bonds has no positive tests. People can say what they want but...

but he has admitted to "unknowingly" using steroids
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
Message 6 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7133 posts

Mar 12, 2006

SLOYAROLE wrote:

I'd agree with that, but usually the skull doesn't grow along with the muscle.  :smileyhappy:   I have always liked Bonds, but it's hard to ignore all of the rumors.

Message Edited by R.Marcinko on 03-11-200609:43 PM

Photobucket
Message 7 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Mar 12, 2006

SecondRoundKO wrote:

Holy Horse Hormones Batman......Look out, Bonds looks like he got too many gamma rays LOL

Photobucket
Message 8 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Mar 12, 2006

R.Marcinko wrote:

SLOYAROLE wrote:

I'd agree with that, but usually the skull doesn't grow along with the muscle.  :smileyhappy:   I have always liked Bonds, but it's hard to ignore all of the rumors.

Message Edited by R.Marcinko on 03-11-200609:43 PM

its not too hard to drug test him with a hair folicle sample test and see what drugs he has done in the last 15-20 years, and get an accurate determination from this test what exact drug it was and how much he was doing......use these tests results to suspend and/ or ban him from the game if they come back positive, and have his records removed.....if he is clean, the WORLD owes him an apology for thinking the worst of him, but to be honest ...he made us all think this of him with the way he has treated all of us his entire career. His selfish attitude and Screw The World policy towards everyone in general would make everyone of us think he is more than capable of cheating to obtain these records, because he never really cared about the game to begin with.He is a ego tistical, ego-centric , self righteous bafoon who now wants to act all nice to everyone because he knew his butt was in the grill with this book and he was going to try and salvage his career by winning us over now.

Well Barry now is too late. We have hated you for years and thats the way you liked it. And now we are hopefully going to have a real reason to forever despise you and never respect any record you ever had. Because you are caught. And a simple hair test , one of which I KNOW will work to determine what Barry has been doing all these years, will make Barry become the most hated athlete of all time.

Until they test McGwire......and Sosa.....and everyone who wants HOF eligibilty.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
826 posts

Mar 12, 2006
I think the bigger problem here is that baseball never tested anyone and let this go on until last year, caught a few nobodies and one major star and say they have the problem under control now.  They say that if Bonds breaks Aaron's record it would be a sham but how many other guys since the 80's, 90's, 2000's who have been using drugs of some sort have had stats that don't add up like McGwire, Sosa, and Canseco?
Message 10 of 31 (180 Views)
0 Likes