Umbrella Scientist
14294 posts

Re: And CC Sabathia Will Pitch For The..... *UPDATED*

Jul 8, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:
Just heard on Hardcore Sports Radio that the Harden to Chicago deal is done.

To the Cubs:
P Harden
P Gaudin

To the A's
P Sean Gallagher
OF Matt Murton
IF Eric Patterson
C Josh Donaldson

EDIT: I'd heard it wrong, here is the deal.
Message Edited by MikeGrm on 07-08-2008 03:56 PM

Wow. I wished for it to happen, but I didn't actually think it would happen. The Cubs shore up their rotation and don't lose any bats.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4572 posts

Jul 8, 2008

Grifter wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

To the Cubs:
P Harden
P Gaudin

To the A's
P Sean Gallagher
OF Matt Murton
IF Eric Patterson
C Josh Donaldson

Wow. I wished for it to happen, but I didn't actually think it would happen. The Cubs shore up their rotation and don't lose any bats.

Yeah man i cant believe Hendry pulled this off. The only piece im really upset about losing is Gally, but then again he wasn't a staff ace and we got a staff ace back. I also like Murton a lot, and hope he can do well in Oakland, if he was a lefty he would have been an everyday starter.

All in all i am very happy in the deal, ive also heard that the Gaudin kid is pretty good. His numbers look pretty good as well with a 3.59 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP.
Greatest NBA Players ever

1) MJ
2) Shaq
3) Lebron

Wrong PSN ID, my main one is BLB552000
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Jul 8, 2008
I haven't seen much of Gaudin that I remember, but everytime I do hear about him it's always good. Doesn't mean he's always doing good, just means that's all I hear about him. And Rich Harden is great. And I'm not just saying that because he's Canadian... Well okay, maybe a little bit... lol.
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Jul 9, 2008
Yes he did against the Rockies.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4430 posts

Jul 9, 2008
Yes the Milwaukke Brewer's got him! He did really well starting todays game against the Rockies. :manhappy:
Message Edited by MetalMan5 on 07-08-2008 10:53 PM
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1325 posts

Jul 9, 2008

blb552000 wrote:

Grifter wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:

To the Cubs:
P Harden
P Gaudin

To the A's
P Sean Gallagher
OF Matt Murton
IF Eric Patterson
C Josh Donaldson

Yeah man i cant believe Hendry pulled this off. The only piece im really upset about losing is Gally, but then again he wasn't a staff ace and we got a staff ace back. I also like Murton a lot, and hope he can do well in Oakland, if he was a lefty he would have been an everyday starter.

All in all i am very happy in the deal, ive also heard that the Gaudin kid is pretty good. His numbers look pretty good as well with a 3.59 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP.

Exactly right about Gallagher. Some day he'll probably be a No. 2 guy, but this year he was just getting ready to spend time in the bullpen.

So for pitchers, we traded relievers and got a starter who is very solid now. As for Patterson, he just seemed like another Corey, I don't think he'll ever 

be great. It was a little hard to let go of Murton, just because he's been here through plenty of ups and downs, but again, he just didn't have the power

to be a corner outfielder, especially with his speed.

Overall this is a great deal for the Cubs. The rotation is looking great as Dempster picked up his 10th home win in a row.

All I'm going to say is that with this deal, I'm gonna be rooting real hard for the NL All-Star team this year. 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1325 posts

Jul 9, 2008

MikeGrm wrote:
I haven't seen much of Gaudin that I remember, but everytime I do hear about him it's always good. Doesn't mean he's always doing good, just means that's all I hear about him. And Rich Harden is great. And I'm not just saying that because he's Canadian... Well okay, maybe a little bit... lol.
Fun fact, the Cubs now have 2 Canadian pitchers in their rotation, along with another Canadian Cubs pitcher in Cooperstown. 
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Dabears554 wrote:

MikeGrm wrote:
Fun fact, the Cubs now have 2 Canadian pitchers in their rotation, along with another Canadian Cubs pitcher in Cooperstown. 

Who's the second? I keep thinking Dempster is Canadian...

PSN: TheGrimTruth
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1325 posts

Jul 9, 2008

Yep, it's Dempster, who picked up win #10 at Wrigley tonight.

I gotta wonder if it were to happen, the Cubs would probably be the 1st team to win w/ 2 Canadian born

pitchers in the rotation. 

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (0 Views)
0 Likes