Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 10 2008
By: offdah3z Keyblade Wielder 10210 posts

Agent: No team wants to sign Bonds

25 replies 2 views Edited Jul 10, 2008
The Arizona Diamondbacks became the latest team to say "No thanks" to Barry Bonds, and they're not alone.

Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, told USA Today that at this point, no MLB team has interest in adding the home run king to its roster. "I am not talking to any club about Barry Bonds because they all made it very clear to me they are not interested in him. Every club," Borris told USA Today.

The D-backs were the latest to discuss the possibility of signing Bonds, but USA Today says club President Derrick Hall and general manager Josh Byrnes have decided against the idea. When asked earlier this week, Byrnes admitted he was thinking about adding Bonds to the Diamondbacks' organization. "He and maybe a couple of others are sort of sitting out there," Byrnes said.

Borris said Bonds continues to work out and would only need 10 days of taking live pitches to be ready to play if a team is willing to sign him. "I can't believe he doesn't have a job," Borris said, according to USA Today. "No one has offered even the minimum salary. He made the All-Star team last year, and there's no reason to believe he wouldn't have a repeat performance in 2008, except for the conspiracy against him."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8331818?MSNHPHMA
Message Edited by offdah3z on 07-10-2008 03:54 PM

Give me Kudos, or give me death!
Message 1 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3623 posts

Re: Agent: No team wants to sign Bonds

Jul 10, 2008
Its not really surprising. He cant play in the field anymore so that rules out all the NL teams and hed get booed by everyone except San Fran anyway.

Message 2 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Jul 10, 2008
that was pretty much what was going to happen anyway. hes a major distraction and not worth it imo. i mean really, will he affect ticket sales that much to warrant putting up with him for a few months? i think no.
Message 3 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Jul 10, 2008

NeatElite wrote:
that was pretty much what was going to happen anyway. hes a major distraction and not worth it imo. i mean really, will he affect ticket sales that much to warrant putting up with him for a few months? i think no.

This is so stupid...Most if not a greater portion of major league players has in someway shape or form taken performance enhancing drugs...The guy only used roids, he didn't commit terrorist acts, smack nuns, or piss in public. He should be employed. The Patriots Cheated and they are all still employed.

Message 4 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5938 posts

Jul 10, 2008

NeatElite wrote:

im a dodger fan and as much as i hate him i think we should sign him. i dont no anyone agreee?

www.myspace.com/chrisdfuture8
Message 5 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Jul 11, 2008
80% of mlb players in the 90s did stoids so why hate this guy so much?
Message 6 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5938 posts

Jul 11, 2008
oh wait nvm jeff kents still on the dodgers

www.myspace.com/chrisdfuture8
Message 7 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Jul 11, 2008
Hell no, we do now want that guy in our dodger blue!!!!!!!!!.
Message 8 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3371 posts

Jul 11, 2008

dogerbluemmm24 wrote:
80% of mlb players in the 90s did stoids so why hate this guy so much?

It's because he's an important figure for baseball. He holds the home run record for career which is considered to be the biggest stat in baseball.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 9 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jul 11, 2008
He's a liability on defence and a cancer in the locker room. Sure he can play, and no one really cares about the steroids thing (considering pretty much every team has someone who has someone who used or is suspected to have) but right now his negatives outweigh the positives. 5 years younger and every team would want him... But he's in his 40's and there's no market for a 40-year old who never matured into a leader.
Grim Truth a.k.a. MikeGrm
Message 10 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes