May 31 2008
By: Silent_Murder Fender Bender 4909 posts

6+5 RULE IS NOW ALMOST OFFICIAL!! OH NOES!

30 replies 2 views Edited May 31, 2008

its almost official. it will affect a bunch of clubs. especially in the EPL. check this chart out:

for those of you that dont know what the 6+5 rule is, its that 6 of the players in the starting lineup of a team must be of that country. for example, in arsenal, 6 brittish players MUST start for them. IT SUX 

Message 1 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

Re: 6+5 RULE IS NOW ALMOST OFFICIAL!! OH NOES!

May 31, 2008

Silent_Murder wrote:

its almost official. it will affect a bunch of clubs. especially in the EPL. check this chart out:

for those of you that dont know what the 6+5 rule is, its that 6 of the players in the starting lineup of a team must be of that country. for example, in arsenal, 6 brittish players MUST start for them. IT SUX

This will destroy most of the leagues.

Fifa had a vote and 155 of the committee are for, and 5 againts. What the hell is FIFA thinking?

Message Edited by The5DollarBill on 05-30-2008 09:07 PM
Message 2 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4909 posts

May 31, 2008

The5DollarBill wrote:

Silent_Murder wrote:

This will destroy most of the leagues.

Fifa had a vote and 155 of the committee are for, and 5 againts. What the hell is FIFA thinking?

Message Edited by The5DollarBill on 05-30-2008 09:07 PM

i know. damm fifa. i hope they somehow reverse this someday. ah it really sucks!! also 5dolla, i think you are missing la copa del rey in your sig

Message 3 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

May 31, 2008

Silent_Murder wrote:

i know. damm fifa. i hope they somehow reverse this someday. ah it really sucks!! also 5dolla, i think you are missing la copa del rey in your sig

thx.

Message 4 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21538 posts

May 31, 2008
You're kidding. This is how you destroy a game. If this passes, it'll pretty much guarantee I'll never be much of a soccer fan. What's the point of watching the highest level of a sport if it's diminished in that regard? This would be like the NBA implimenting a rule that 2 players in the starting lineup have to be white in order to get more white players in the game. What a stupid stupid stupid stupid rule. If I wanted to watch a lower level of a sport that isn't basketball, I'd have picked an MLS team and started cheering.
Message 5 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4909 posts

May 31, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:
You're kidding. This is how you destroy a game. If this passes, it'll pretty much guarantee I'll never be much of a soccer fan. What's the point of watching the highest level of a sport if it's diminished in that regard? This would be like the NBA implimenting a rule that 2 players in the starting lineup have to be white in order to get more white players in the game. What a stupid stupid stupid stupid rule. If I wanted to watch a lower level of a sport that isn't basketball, I'd have picked an MLS team and started cheering.

exacly. it will be put in effect until 2009-2010 i think

Message 6 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2706 posts

May 31, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

"The aim of the resolution, according to Blatter, is to make leagues more competitive and less predictable. He believes that in those countries where some clubs are rich enough to recruit the cream of world football, notably England, the less well-off teams have no real chance of challenging for the championship." http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Fifa--backs-396539-rule.4138734.jp

If this passes the "bad" leagues will always stay bad, and scouters are not going to be leaving their countries looking for new talanet.

Silent: This rule is againts EU laws and so Blatter is trying to change the law. He hopes the rule will take affect in 2012-2013.

Message Edited by The5DollarBill on 05-30-2008 09:35 PM
Message 7 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6750 posts

May 31, 2008
I learned something new today.. thanks
P_K Nation
Message 8 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4909 posts

May 31, 2008

The5DollarBill wrote:

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

"The aim of the resolution, according to Blatter, is to make leagues more competitive and less predictable. He believes that in those countries where some clubs are rich enough to recruit the cream of world football, notably England, the less well-off teams have no real chance of challenging for the championship." http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Fifa--backs-396539-rule.4138734.jp

If this passes the "bad" leagues will always stay bad, and scouters are not going to be leaving their countries looking for new talanet.

Silent: This rule is againts EU laws and so Blatter is trying to change the law. He hopes the rule will take affect in 2012-2013.

ah thanks for teh info. i hope EU laws rule against this absurd BS!

Message 9 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21538 posts

May 31, 2008

The5DollarBill wrote:

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

This is why you implement a salary cap. If the concern is that larger clubs have an advantage over smaller clubs due to spending...attack that issue at its base. Prevent the larger clubs from spending the extra money to attract high profile players. If this is a revenue issue in that some teams don't have the money period...then the league itself needs to be more proactive towards its second tier teams in bringing them more benefits to allow them the chance to be competitive.

And requiring a certain amount of Englishmen on a team isn't going to "level out the competition." If the majority of a team's starting lineup has to be Englishmen, it's clearly obvious that the best Englishmen are going to be on the teams with the highest profiles and the biggest pockets.

Message 10 of 31 (2 Views)
0 Likes