Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Re: 2008 NBA Finals - Boston vs. LA

Feb 2, 2008

1SHOTHENNEY wrote:

LakerForever24 wrote:
o god i can't believe this is happening. just like the good ol' days

I wouldn't take  out the anointing oil just yet.  The Spurs are still the team to beat in the western conference.  The aquisition of Gasol does make the Lakers a serious threat, however.

i dont think the spurs ar the team to beat they are banged up and look old its the hornets or mavs and suns now
Message 31 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Feb 2, 2008

Randy06 wrote:

1SHOTHENNEY wrote:

LakerForever24 wrote:
o god i can't believe this is happening. just like the good ol' days

I wouldn't take  out the anointing oil just yet.  The Spurs are still the team to beat in the western conference.  The aquisition of Gasol does make the Lakers a serious threat, however.

i dont think the spurs ar the team to beat they are banged up and look old its the hornets or mavs and suns now

if andrew and ariza come back healthy, no one would want to play the lakers first round
Message 32 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Feb 2, 2008

Randy06 wrote:

Tell me when the playoffs start just how banged up and old the Spurs look. It's the beginning of February. No one cares what's happening right now. If you're more frightened about a young and inexperienced Hornets team in the playoffs than a dynasty with more bling than Kobe, then I don't really know what to tell you.

No one may want to play the Lakers, but I'm pretty certan if you truth serumed every team in the West, the Lakers would be much higher on the "playoff matchup wish list" than San Antonio for every team.
Message 33 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4572 posts

Feb 2, 2008
The Spurs will come to life playoff time, they do every year. Now though i fully think we can beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series. I thought that before but this move just cements it.
Greatest NBA Players ever

1) MJ
2) Shaq
3) Lebron

Wrong PSN ID, my main one is BLB552000
Message 34 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Feb 3, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

Tell me when the playoffs start just how banged up and old the Spurs look. It's the beginning of February. No one cares what's happening right now. If you're more frightened about a young and inexperienced Hornets team in the playoffs than a dynasty with more bling than Kobe, then I don't really know what to tell you.

No one may want to play the Lakers, but I'm pretty certan if you truth serumed every team in the West, the Lakers would be much higher on the "playoff matchup wish list" than San Antonio for every team.

i would rather take on the suns than the lakers any day of the week. the lakers will have the best/biggest  frontcourt in the NBA with pau gasol, andrew bynum, lamar odom, ronny turiaf, and chris mihm. and they will have the best backcourt in the NBA b/c of one man, kobe bryant. lets not forgot the veteran leadership of fisher and one of the best benchs in the NBA led by future superstar jordan farmar
Message 35 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21162 posts

Feb 3, 2008

LakerForever24 wrote:

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

i would rather take on the suns than the lakers any day of the week. the lakers will have the best/biggest  frontcourt in the NBA with pau gasol, andrew bynum, lamar odom, ronny turiaf, and chris mihm. and they will have the best backcourt in the NBA b/c of one man, kobe bryant. lets not forgot the veteran leadership of fisher and one of the best benchs in the NBA led by future superstar jordan farmar

I'm not saying the Lakers don't appear to be a force, but I'd rather play them instead of San Antonio if I've got a contending team in the West. Playing the Suns over the Lakers would depend on the team I have. If it's a run and gun team, give me the Suns, but if I have a strong defensive team that is able to contain transitional points, I'll take the Lakers. Lakers still have to prove themselves with this lineup before I crown them legitimate threats. It looks good on paper, but then again, so do the Nets.

But honestly, you really need to slow down. I know you're excited abuot the prospect of what your team can accomplish, and that's great, but don't get ahead of yourself and assume they're sewing up the championship banner for the Lakers right now. Spurs, Suns, Mavericks...heck even the Jazz and Warriors have proven themselves in the playoffs with the lineups they have. No amount of great talent can replace successful playoff experience. Not to mention there's the Nuggets, Rockets, and Hornets that are pretty good themselves. All of these teams have had a year or more to establish their given lineups. Meanwhile, the Lakers haven't even played a game with Gasol yet. Fisher's leadership is going to help and Kobe being Kobe always helps, but don't assume it's automatic, because it's not. Heck, Gasol hasn't won a playoff game in his entire career. He's 0-12.

I'm not trying to be a downer in this...but there isn't a conference in any other sport as competitive as the NBA West is right now. Looking down on the rest of the conference is going to provide a rude awakening when you hit the playoffs. And Farmar a superstar? He's established in the league. That's the only reason they didn't give him up instead of Crittenton. Critt's going to be a star years before Farmar will be.
Message 36 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Feb 3, 2008

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

LakerForever24 wrote:

VII Says Goodbye wrote:

Randy06 wrote:

I'm not saying the Lakers don't appear to be a force, but I'd rather play them instead of San Antonio if I've got a contending team in the West. Playing the Suns over the Lakers would depend on the team I have. If it's a run and gun team, give me the Suns, but if I have a strong defensive team that is able to contain transitional points, I'll take the Lakers. Lakers still have to prove themselves with this lineup before I crown them legitimate threats. It looks good on paper, but then again, so do the Nets.

But honestly, you really need to slow down. I know you're excited abuot the prospect of what your team can accomplish, and that's great, but don't get ahead of yourself and assume they're sewing up the championship banner for the Lakers right now. Spurs, Suns, Mavericks...heck even the Jazz and Warriors have proven themselves in the playoffs with the lineups they have. No amount of great talent can replace successful playoff experience. Not to mention there's the Nuggets, Rockets, and Hornets that are pretty good themselves. All of these teams have had a year or more to establish their given lineups. Meanwhile, the Lakers haven't even played a game with Gasol yet. Fisher's leadership is going to help and Kobe being Kobe always helps, but don't assume it's automatic, because it's not. Heck, Gasol hasn't won a playoff game in his entire career. He's 0-12.

I'm not trying to be a downer in this...but there isn't a conference in any other sport as competitive as the NBA West is right now. Looking down on the rest of the conference is going to provide a rude awakening when you hit the playoffs. And Farmar a superstar? He's established in the league. That's the only reason they didn't give him up instead of Crittenton. Critt's going to be a star years before Farmar will be.

the only reason i want SA to be somewhat good is b/c tony parker is on my fantasy team. but in reality, they are too old and everyone (in exception to manu) is past his prime. the lakers are young and have depth off the bench. in a 7 game series, IF andrew comes back healthy, the lakers can defeat the spurs in 5 games. duncan cannot handle both bynum and pau. kobe will draw double teams. which means lamar is the key to the lakers' success. and i know the lakers did not win the championship yet, and quite freankly, they probably won't. but the lakers have a better chance than the spurs. the only team that i am worried about is not in the west (pistons). and the lakers almost defeated them short-handed the other night. and farmar WILL be a star. javaris will not even get palying time this yr in memphis
Message 37 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1298 posts

Feb 3, 2008
u guys are over rating the lakers right now. .... we have the best back court now.. no one is going to want to play us in the first round... omg lakers are going to finals...

calm down you guys cant say all this untill u get out of the 1st round which u havent done in umm let me see 3 years.. plus paul gasol is used to being the main man for the team. now that he comes to a team where kobe is the man. i like to see what happens. so stop making predictions . ur nothin without shaq!
Message 38 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
812 posts

Feb 3, 2008

killerinday1 wrote:
u guys are over rating the lakers right now. .... we have the best back court now.. no one is going to want to play us in the first round... omg lakers are going to finals...

calm down you guys cant say all this untill u get out of the 1st round which u havent done in umm let me see 3 years.. plus paul gasol is used to being the main man for the team. now that he comes to a team where kobe is the man. i like to see what happens. so stop making predictions . ur nothin without shaq!

shaq was okay but he whined alot. now u see a different kobe for the better: kobe sharing the ball and throwing lobs to bynum and getting other teammates involved. gasol will fit perfect because he knows kobe is the man, he will respect him as kobe does to gasol and the rest of his teammates lately. its a win-win situation, as long as each of them put in the work and work together communicating there is no doubt they will get what kobe,gasol and bynum want a championship and possibly repeats. and honestly i dont see anybody else besides the suns and the spurs wanting a championship this year more then anyone because the suns have been struggling especially with amary stoudemire bein out and always coming up short in the playoffs but amary is back. as for the spurs this will be the last year for big shot rob (Robert Horry) to get another ring and then hes done with basketball. last but not least the lakers, kobe has been craving a championship for the past 3 years, ever since shaq left. now kobe has what he was looking for a bynum, fisher, odom, and last but not least a gasol. all the pieces have come together to a full puzzle. now its time to show what my lakers can do.
PSN ID: Jesse661

Message 39 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10100 posts

Feb 3, 2008

Jesse661 wrote:

killerinday1 wrote:

shaq was okay

Shaq was the driving force in the Lakers titles... Far better then "okay".

1999-2000: 30.7 ppg 15.4 rpg
2000-2001: 30.4 ppg 15 rpg
2001-2002: 28.4 ppg 12.5 rpg

And I sort of agree... Laker fans are starting to get a bit too confident talking about championship births and titles. Gasol isn't exactly a proven winner. He helps, indeed, but the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns are still the dominant teams in the West until proven otherwise. If the Lakers make it out of the first round, then people should take notice, but until then try and keep things in perspective. It's Pau Gasol, not Kareem.
PSN: TheGrimTruth
Message 40 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes