Wastelander
833 posts

Re: 2008 NBA Finals - Boston vs. LA

Apr 16, 2008
Did I just hear the MVP chant at Dallas?! I think so! So those of you saying Kobe gets cheered for MVP, ahem Lakerforever, at away games, count CP in too.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 91 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Apr 16, 2008

Porkster504 wrote:
Did I just hear the MVP chant at Dallas?! I think so! So those of you saying Kobe gets cheered for MVP, ahem Lakerforever, at away games, count CP in too.
what has paul done this yr that kobe hasn't done? nothing. and kobe and his team are on top, even with 100+ games missed by injured players
Message 92 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 16, 2008

LakerForever24 wrote:

Porkster504 wrote:
what has paul done this yr that kobe hasn't done? nothing. and kobe and his team are on top, even with 100+ games missed by injured players

Come on my fellow Laker fan....  You know Chris Paul deserves the MVP just as much as Kobe. ^ ^ 

I'm just glad Kobe is finally going to win one and get that monkey off his back.  To me, the final determination of who wins the MVP was concluded when the Lakers clinched the top spot in the west.  Had the Hornets won the west, Paul would probably win the MVP.  That's just my 2 cents...

Come on playoffs!!! and let's go Lakers!!!

Message 93 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Apr 17, 2008

joonhrhee wrote:

LakerForever24 wrote:

Porkster504 wrote:

Come on my fellow Laker fan....  You know Chris Paul deserves the MVP just as much as Kobe. ^ ^ 

I'm just glad Kobe is finally going to win one and get that monkey off his back.  To me, the final determination of who wins the MVP was concluded when the Lakers clinched the top spot in the west.  Had the Hornets won the west, Paul would probably win the MVP.  That's just my 2 cents...

Come on playoffs!!! and let's go Lakers!!!

i didnt say paul doesnt deserve it. kobe, paul, KG, and lebron all deserve it. but kobe gets my vote b/c the lakers are on top and they got their without andrew bynum, and other injuries
Message 94 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8792 posts

Apr 17, 2008
My Heart: Phoenix vs Boston

My Mind: Utah vs Detriot

Wave goodbye...
Message 95 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Apr 17, 2008
And I'm not saying that Kobe doesn't deserve it, but CP kept his team on top for a longer time than LA did/has this year. Just because you became number one over the weekend doesn't omit what we did during the course of the year, you seem to keep forgetting that.
Message 96 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

Apr 17, 2008

Porkster504 wrote:
And I'm not saying that Kobe doesn't deserve it, but CP kept his team on top for a longer time than LA did/has this year. Just because you became number one over the weekend doesn't omit what we did during the course of the year, you seem to keep forgetting that.
LOL. when has sports ever been about being on top for the longest period of time? "oh yea. it doesnt matter u won the game. we were winning thorught the first 3 quarters and u took over in the last minute. so WE'RE the better team!"

^if u cannot comprehend that knowledge then i'll explain it. it doesnt mean **bleep** how long ur in first place. all that matters is the last team standing 
Message 97 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
833 posts

Apr 17, 2008

LakerForever24 wrote:

Porkster504 wrote:
LOL. when has sports ever been about being on top for the longest period of time? "oh yea. it doesnt matter u won the game. we were winning thorught the first 3 quarters and u took over in the last minute. so WE'RE the better team!"

^if u cannot comprehend that knowledge then i'll explain it. it doesnt mean **bleep** how long ur in first place. all that matters is the last team standing 

Saying that about a specific game is a different story than saying you are the number one seed by one game ahead. In a game if you're close and lose you still lost, but in the playoffs its a new start besides the seeding, no more records only the best of the best will make it. The number one can lose to eight and vice versa. 

Let me put that in terms you would understand, If Kobe started off better than CP and then for most of the season CP was playing better then at the very end Kobe plays better than CP again, what does that mean? That Kobe is MVP? Not necessarily, you can't base a team that loses it's number one spot at the end of the season on those last few games. You have to look at the season as a whole. In simpler terms, if a team is on top most of the year and then loses the number one spot at the end and is only a game behind, it doesn't necessarily mean that the new number one can beat the number 2 easily, as you are saying.

^If you cannot comprehend that knowledge then I'll explain it. A team on top for most of the year that slips at the end, doesn't mean **bleep** in the playoffs. They may get back on track and beat the number one seed, or the number eight seed may win it all, who knows all that matters is the last team standing at the end of the PLAYOFFS, not the last team standing a game ahead at the end of the season.
Message 98 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6321 posts

May 30, 2008
i was right!!!!! hopefully detroit wins tommorrow tho so the 2 teams wear each other out
Message 99 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3288 posts

May 30, 2008

LakerForever24 wrote:
i was right!!!!! hopefully detroit wins tommorrow tho so the 2 teams wear each other out

Nooooo!    i hope Boston wins so that theyll have some rest until the Finals.

Photobucket
Message 100 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes