Once and for all. I would like to know if Brett Favre's potential return to the NFL is really deserving of all of the attention it is generating?
1. Please chime in on whether or not you feel like this merits all of the attention or not
2. Please also comment if it would be weird or not to see him in another uniform.
I'll start by contributing my thoughts:
The Brett Favre media-monster has garnished way to much emotional energy since the retirement announcement back in march. Let's face it, they practically read his eulogy on all major sports news programs and even other sports broadcasts. I actually do feel its significance being since they were one game away from the Big Show last year. I don't care how Aaron Rodgers feels about playing second fiddle to Favre this year. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that Favre gives them the best chance at winning this season. I am starting to feel like Brett should come back and if the Packers Organization doesn't want to let him in then he should push to go to the Vikings, Ravens, or even Tampa. All I'm saying is make the announcement already so the League and the rest of the fan universe can move on....What does the consensus think???????
Good point. This is what is lacking from the whole drama tale. Upfrontness on behalf of Favre and an official stand on behalf of the organization. It is being reported that Favre expressed his intention to return to the Team by Text-Message. To make matters even worse the response was we'll talk about it when we return from vacation. This is ridiculous communication between professional parties. I wonder how much the Media is really gassing this up?
There's really nothing to be upfront about right now. The txt was to the Packers owner who is on vacation. I'm sure the owner doesn't want to deal with the situation when he is on vacation, and even if he did, it's not the kind of talk you can have over the phone. Favre probably doesn't want to come out and say anything untill the decision is final. If Favre does want to come back tho, the first person he should talk to is Aaron Rodgers.
We are not talking about a minor affair here. The media has been feeding this monster since March. This situation needs to be resolved before training camps begin and preferably in the next few days. The owner faces limited options here.
1. Allow Brett to return to the team at the onset of training camp. (seeing that he is still under contract for this upcoming year)
2. Trade him to another team for just compensation. (They would wan't to avoid him possibly making a move to Minnesota for this season and control where he ends up.) He would ultimately have the last say in this scenario.
3. Cut Him and he can go anywhere he wants to go. (Least likely of their 3 options)
This situation is more critical than vacations and certainly more ddelicate to be discussed via sidekicks (Text Messages).
I wonder where is Brett's Agent in all of this?