Jul 10 2008
By: Ecko813 Uncharted Territory 1490 posts

2 Favre or Not 2 Favre. Is this really the Question?

12 replies 0 views Edited Jul 10, 2008

Once and for all. I would like to know if Brett Favre's potential return to the NFL is really deserving of all of the attention it is generating?

1. Please chime in on whether or not you feel like this merits all of the attention or not

2. Please also comment if it would be weird or not to see him in another uniform.

I'll start by contributing my thoughts:

The Brett Favre media-monster has garnished way to much emotional energy since the retirement announcement back in march. Let's face it, they practically read his eulogy on all major sports news programs and even other sports broadcasts. I actually do feel its significance being since they were one game away from the Big Show last year. I don't care how Aaron Rodgers feels about playing second fiddle to Favre this year. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that Favre gives them the best chance at winning this season. I am starting to feel like Brett should come back and if the Packers Organization doesn't want to let him in then he should push to go to the Vikings, Ravens, or even Tampa.  All I'm saying is make the announcement already so the League and the rest of the fan universe can move on....What does the consensus think???????

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13208 posts

Re: 2 Favre or Not 2 Favre. Is this really the Question?

Jul 10, 2008
i think that he should publicly state what exactly he is thinking and what he wants to do. this favre watch going on is kinda ridiculous and is probably a major distraction to the players and the franchise. but i dont think its right for favre to go to another team. he should suit up for the packers making the announcement asap or let everybody know he is not coming back.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Jul 10, 2008
brett shouldnt come back
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2044 posts

Jul 10, 2008
If he comes back and has a crap season or gets hurt he's gonna wish he just stayed retired and watched the games from home.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Jul 10, 2008
Well if it wasn't true I would've expected Favre to at least correct the media and since he hasn't done that I have to say its a possibility. However, to say it isn't worth all this attention is a little off. With all those records he has hes a definite first ballot HoF'er and the face of a franchise, he's definitely worth the attention.

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Jul 10, 2008
Good point. This is what is lacking from the whole drama tale. Upfrontness on behalf of Favre and an official stand on  behalf of the organization. It is being reported that Favre expressed his intention to return to the Team by Text-Message. To make matters even worse the response was we'll talk about it when we return from vacation. This is ridiculous communication between professional parties. I wonder how much the Media is really gassing this up?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Jul 10, 2008
What is your reason for him not returning?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Jul 10, 2008
Good Point...He is first ballot material if ever there was one. I think they were to close last year to start the Rodgers Era. If they hadn't made it to the Conference game or him having a career year, then I could see them shelfing Favre for Rodgers. I don't know why Rodgers is in such a rush to start being as he is working behind a living legend and will eventually be the man in Green Bay. Matt Hasselback has done hella good for himself since shedding the Favre Shadow.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10229 posts

Jul 10, 2008

ecko813 wrote:
Good point. This is what is lacking from the whole drama tale. Upfrontness on behalf of Favre and an official stand on  behalf of the organization. It is being reported that Favre expressed his intention to return to the Team by Text-Message. To make matters even worse the response was we'll talk about it when we return from vacation. This is ridiculous communication between professional parties. I wonder how much the Media is really gassing this up?

There's really nothing to be upfront about right now. The txt was to the Packers owner who is on vacation. I'm sure the owner doesn't want to deal with the situation when he is on vacation, and even if he did, it's not the kind of talk you can have over the phone. Favre probably doesn't want to come out and say anything untill the decision is final. If Favre does want to come back tho, the first person he should talk to is Aaron Rodgers.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Jul 10, 2008

We are not talking about a minor affair here. The media has been feeding this monster since March. This situation needs to be resolved before training camps begin and preferably in the next few days. The owner faces limited options here.

1. Allow Brett to return to the team at the onset of training camp. (seeing that he is still under contract for this upcoming year)

2. Trade him to another team for just compensation. (They would wan't to avoid him possibly making a move to Minnesota for this season and control where he ends up.) He would ultimately have the last say in this scenario.

3. Cut Him and he can go anywhere he wants to go. (Least likely of their 3 options)

This situation is more critical than vacations and certainly more ddelicate to be discussed via sidekicks (Text Messages).

I wonder where is Brett's Agent in all of this? 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (0 Views)
0 Likes