Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 12 2012
By: Hagame First Son 15 posts

Forcing me to use Playstation Plus?

2 replies 350 views Edited Feb 12, 2012

I am an owner of two PS3 systems.  THis past week I purchased the Sly Cooper collection. After beating the first boss I saved my game.  A day later I went to copy my save file to a USB drive and so I could play on my other PS3 only to find out that copying save files is disabled for that game. Disabled, that is, for everything but the PlayStation Plus cloud storage.  Is this the direction Sony is going in for their games?  It's not like this is an online game where sharing a save file can give a great advantage to a player who has not earned it. 

So, to me it seems that Sony is doing their part in gymping their software so you are forced to pay them $50 a year for basic features. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Re: Forcing me to use Playstation Plus?

Feb 12, 2012

This is really nothing new. Sony isn't the only developer who does this, but at some point i think all games will be this way. As for Sony forcing you to use PlayStation Plus? I don't see it that way becuase you have another option. You can use a external hard drive to back up your data. Sure it's not as fast and convenient as a USB flash drive but it won't cost you $50 bucks a year either. Things can be free for only so long. At some point money will have to be exchanged. Such is life.

*********************^v^> Beware of the Chupacabra>^v^********************
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16356 posts

Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)
0 Likes