Highlighted
Dec 10 2011
By: Jaller24 Splicer 47 posts

Clue collecting glitch in Sly 1?

7 replies 464 views Edited Dec 10, 2011

I just downloaded Sly 1 from the PS Store and I'm in the Mugshot chapter now.  When I was in the level Two to Tango, I could've sworn I collected all 30 of the clue bottles but the clue number icon disappeared without making the sound telling me I had all the clues.  When I went to the vault, it acted as if I hadn't collected all the clues, but I've gone through the level so many times and I still can't find another clue.  Is this a glitch in my game?

Message 1 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Re: Clue collecting glitch in Sly 1?

Dec 11, 2011

That's unfortunate..I haven't played that stage yet myself, but should be within the near future, so I'll let you know if I have any problems as well..

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Message 2 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 13, 2011

Same thing haappened to me. I collected all 30 clues but when I walked up to the safe, Bentley didn't say anything and I didn't have the option to input a code. I'm assuming it's like this for everyone. It reminds me of the glitch in Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon. On Harbor Speedway there was a glitch where you could never get the last egg, so the bonus level would never open up, and you could't beat the game 100%.

Btw, If you've never played spyro, and you like Sly Cooper, you should definitely get all 3 spyro's. They are similar to Sly Cooper, but in my opinion better. I love both of the series.

Message 3 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Dec 17, 2011

If you pause the game you'll be able to see how many clue bottles you've picked up when you're in the level.

This walkthrough might help you if you've not got all 30 yet.

Let me know if you're still seeing this error (and the rest of you guys if anyone else experiences this in future).

Message 4 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 21, 2011

I recently played through this level and encountered no glitches. (Well except for one, everytime I tried to jump across the bridge in the second place to get to the portal my game would lock up and I'd be stuck with a black screen, had to leave that mission for last and it worked surprisingly) I was able to collect everything in Mugshots areas. However I am playing the disk based version. If it's still glitched maybe try uninstalling/deleting game data. Worst case is that you have to to delete everything and restart from scratch.

Guyana_Bandit Trophy Card

Message 5 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Dec 27, 2011

I have never seen this glitch before, when I played this on the PS2, so I wouldn't know, but I think a wallkthrough the level could potenitally help, otherwise I'd report this to Sony, and besides, you can also report it on PS Blog. Share if you're really keen about this issue. :1

Message 6 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Was googling for info on this very same problem on Two to Tango.  More specifically -- if I go to the"View map" area & hover over Two to Tango the vault icon is empty.  If I enter the area and push the Start button the vault icon is filled in.  I may have I already opened this before?  Thus, if I approach the vault again in this area it won't let me open it. 

According to the Sly1 trophy guide at ps3trophies.org you get the "Now Ya See Me" trophy "once you obtain all 30 bottles and open up the strongbox in the level Two to Tango."  I do not have this trophy.  So, looks like it's glitched

Message 7 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 1, 2012

OK -- I SOLVED this!  Problem was: for the rest of the 29 vaults one would get a prompt to "Press the O button ... "  So, tried pressing the O button (without the prompt) and VOILA -- got the dialogue to enter the code.  Got my platinum!

Message 8 of 8 (464 Views)
0 Likes