Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 23 2013
By: cfawls Monster Hunter 37 posts
Accepted Solution

Worth it?

3 replies 321 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

Hi! Let me start by saying I got the demo and pretty impressed by it. I have a PS Vita and got the demo on that, and the graphics were pretty good for a handheld. Anyway the real question is, do you think the game is worth buying for the PSV?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (321 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8094 posts

Re: Worth it?

Apr 24, 2013

If you have a PS3 as well as a PSVita, it is well worth the extra $10 to buy the PS3 version (you get the PSVita version for free) the graphics on the PS3 version are about five times better, though they are essentially the same game, just some cosmetic graphical differences between the two.  It is also two different sets of trophies, even though you unlock both sets of trophies by uploading your save to the cloud on one version and downloading it on the other.

As for only having a Vita, yes, it is still worth it, as the game lasts many hours.  The story itself is fairly short if you just go from one story mission to the next, but when you add in the time it takes to hunt down all of the collectibles, you could easily put 30-40 hours into it, particularly if you only have a Vita (the Vita version has an AR mode that connects with the PS3 version of the game to use your Vita as a second screen that allows you to see the locations of treasures, bottles and Sly Masks).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Ok, thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

May 7, 2013
I wasn't sure if it was worth it myself. I pre-ordered the game then cancelled it. I decided £30 was a very fair and good price.

And as it turns out, I have got more out of this game then most games I have previously brought. I have been playing this game for more since Wednesday and it's already been 6 days and I'm not even got to the boss of Medieval England.

It lasted me a lot longer than the single-player campaign of God of War Ascension (not including time spent playing its multiplayer campaign)
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)
0 Likes