Mar 13 2013
By: Timour4567 First Son 3 posts

Vita version unnecessarily toned down?

4 replies 323 views Edited Mar 13, 2013

I was just wondering why the Vita version of Sly 4 looks...... not-so-good. I mean it isn't bad, it's just that the vita is much more capable. Games like Wipeout and UMVC3 and Virtua Tennis 4 are console quality, so how come Sly 4 for the vita isn't? I just don't understand why it was toned down. I would understand if they wanted a full 60 FPS, but it's 30. Perhaps they just watered it down to get it out in time for the release date? Colors look much less vibrant as opposed to the PS3 version, there's no cel-shading, and much less polygons are present. I'm not trying to start flame wars or anything, I just wanna know why this version of the game was lowered graphically. Is there something I'm missing?

Message 1 of 5 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Vita version unnecessarily toned down?

Mar 13, 2013
The developers got lazy and cheap due to cross buy.. lol
Message 2 of 5 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Are you freaking kidding me? You are calling them lazy? They are a development studio of 64 people making a AAA top-3 anticipated GOTY, for two different platforms. They made it completely from scratch (the only things they took from the old games were controls, code for how Sly's tail moves, and sound effects) and Sony didn't say "do the Vita version too" until like 8 months before the game was to be launched. 

A normal work day for Sanzaru during the develoment of Sly 4 was arriving in the office at 6:45-7:30 and not leaving until 7. Some people wouldnt leave. They would literally refuse to leave their desk until something was perfect. 

They worked their butts off the whole entire time. Do not ever call them lazy. Because it isnt true.

Voted "All Time Best Sly Cooper Fan" by the Sucker Punch Community. I'm RaccoonDude12 over there.
Message 3 of 5 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Well the Vita version had significantly less development time. PS3 version began production 2010, the Vita version began production 2012, so that is the main reason. 

Voted "All Time Best Sly Cooper Fan" by the Sucker Punch Community. I'm RaccoonDude12 over there.
Message 4 of 5 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Ah, I knew I was missing something. Probably if they weren't doing the cross-buy, the could've held the game off to make it look better. Whatever, I still enjoyed the game a bunch.

Message 5 of 5 (299 Views)
0 Likes