Nov 23 2012
By: Ebak First Son 9 posts

US - February, Europe - March

2 replies 215 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Okay..I have a bone to pick here...what on this earth is so demanding that it requires a month between the release of localised copies of the game to be sold in Europe? I've waited months for this, was delayed once and now I find out that I get it nearly a month after the US release date.

My opinion..delay the game period..release it in Feb or March for both continents..not one or the other...both.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Design Graduate - UCS class of 2012.
Waiting for: Sly Cooper 4, R&C: Q-Force, Sim City, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: US - February, Europe - March

Jan 7, 2013

I have a quick question. I live in Europe, finland to be precise. If i pre order the game from amazon,gamestop etc. or even from here. Will they send it in feb 5 or whenever it's coming in US or will i receive it when it is released in EU?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
309 posts

Re: US - February, Europe - March

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Ebak wrote:

Okay..I have a bone to pick here...what on this earth is so demanding that it requires a month between the release of localised copies of the game to be sold in Europe? I've waited months for this, was delayed once and now I find out that I get it nearly a month after the US release date.

My opinion..delay the game period..release it in Feb or March for both continents..not one or the other...both.

You answered your own question, it's most likely purely localization. The North American copies have, at the most, two languages: English and French. The EU versions have a lot more to be worked in, whether it's just subtitles or re-recorded dialogue.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)
0 Likes