Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2012
By: havingfitz919 Monster Hunter 35 posts

Sanzaru Might mess the series up

4 replies 471 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Idk. They say they are "sly masters" but putting sly in hd and making minigames doesn't seem like much. I have a feeling they are going to do something bad to teh series. They have already Stated that Bentley WILL be in his wheelchair the whole game even though he could make some medical device to fix his legs- if he can't build that, why can he build a time machine? Idk. There are things I really like about what they are doing, like bigger hub worlds, and playing as carmelita in the hub and all of that stuff, but then they could mess it up by making the last level fighting the fiendish five and stopping them from killing sly's dad so that none of the sly series could happen. Also, I think they should release another demo, like the Sushie shop level with Riochi or the Copycats level where we can play as Murray. I didn't think The demo of "The great cooperoni" was good. You don't do anything else different from the other games except for shooting a bow, and finding a cooper mask. They should give us a demo of a level where we use multiple characters. Kind of like the first mission in world 4 in Sly 3, You use every character in the gang. And thats around the middle of the game. I'm a little impatient. Sly 3 came out in 2005. Sly 4 is coming out in 2013. I've been waiting to beat up Clockwerk as riochi for a long time, even though thats probably not going to happen.

Sorry for bad spelling, tell me what you think if you can understand it.

Message 1 of 5 (471 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11132 posts

Re: Sanzaru Might mess the series up

Nov 29, 2012

I'd imagine removing Bentley from his disability might disappoint some fans who would want to keep the egghead in his chair. Look at it as a continuation of where the series left off back in 2005, as this is where the franchise is taking off from. Sure Bentley could probably rig up something to evolve his legs, but then again... maybe gamers haven't gotten the full story yet. Did you ever consider that revealing the whole game ahead of time is bad for business? Sometimes it's better keeping secrets than it is laying everything out so that you still have some cards not yet on the table.

Based on the demo of the game, it seemed as if the next Sly won't be too different from the older games. The arrow mechanic came off as a little broken when pressing circle to hop on. Sly wouldn't hop on immediately when I was next to the rope at all times, from what I noticed. Eventually I was able to get it. Generally though, the game quality seems about the same as the others, so I wouldn't be too worried about where the story and everything else is headed.

Message 2 of 5 (467 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 30, 2012

It's nice to see your thoughts and concerns fitz. I will say I'm glad that you are remaining open mindend, you haven't already cast this game off as a failure like some people just because of Sanzaru.

As for what they are doing...would you argue that if you were a fan of the sly games and knew how it would work and had the training, you wouldn't make a Sly Cooper game? These people seemingly are fans and know their stuff. They aren't some idiots who are in over their heads.

As for Bently being in his wheelchair, I think it would be insensitive to disabled people if Bently were to make a device to allow him to walk, I also think it would take away from an aspect which shows furthermore just how different he is from the agile Sly and the strong Murray. As such I think its good that he is in it, plus being a very tech guy it befits him to have a tricked out wheelchair full of gadgets, it adds to the coolfactor a little and again makes him different and unique to the other characters.

The last level being the fiendish five and altering time so the events of the previous games never happened. That hasn't been confirmed. However either way its poisoned beause if they don't do it there will be some people who question why they didn't do it...and if they do it...then people will complain that they have ruined continuity even when I'd argue 'You still have those games to play, its not like those games have now been erased from acutal time'. I don't think they'll go the whole angle of saving Sly's dad, but I do think it would be a missed oppotunity if they didn't challenge the idea that Sly could save his family.

As for Demos, we've had a few and that's enough, you don't want to show off too much of the game before its out because it can have the effect of killing hype. Part of the excitment of this game is waiting to get your hands on the new characters...give you a demo to play as them all..and you loose that hype.

As for waiting, be patient, you only have to wait until February..I have to wait till bloody March to play the game so think yourself lucky in some respects. Don't get your hopes up about the game because you will be disappointed, accept the game for what it is and judge it then.

I did manage to play another demo at Eurogamer and I agree with Gray, this does feel very much like a classic sly cooper game and I cannot wait for this at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Design Graduate - UCS class of 2012.
Waiting for: Sly Cooper 4, R&C: Q-Force, Sim City, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs
Message 3 of 5 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Thank you for the long reply. I am starting to agree with the Bentley-wheelchair gameplay being unique. I played a little of Sly 3 and Sly 2 about a week ago since my PS3 has backwards compatibility. The thing I really like about wheelchair Bentley in Sly 3 is that he can use the jet pack upgrade whenever he wants.

I am also starting to regret "saving Sly's dad from the Fiendish Five" because then Murray and Bentley would still go to the orphanage. 

And about my impatience: I'm okay if I have to wait a certain amount of time, but when the game is already done, and they are just making tweaks to the game, I can't help but be impatient. And I have to wait longer than everyone else too, because my PS3 broke down yesterday. So If i don't get it fixed in 3 monthes, I'm going to have a preordered game lying on the table taunting me while I get m data from my old PS3 to my new PS3.

Overall, I'm starting to regret some things I said. But all I want to do now is play the game and have fun playing it.

Message 4 of 5 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I hope it feels like classic Sly. My favorite was the original. But I also really enjoyed 2 and 3. I hope this game has the feel of the second installment.
Message 5 of 5 (376 Views)
0 Likes