Nov 15 2011
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

From the blog: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

6 replies 704 views Edited Nov 15, 2011

Hey everyone!  Just in case you missed it, there is some good info on the latest Sly Cooper title on the PS Blog today

=======================================================================================================

It’s been quite a while since I posted to the PlayStation.Blog – after the busy summer tradeshow schedule we have hunkered down to concentrate on making Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times the best game of 2012! Over the summer, I spent a lot of time showing our progress on the game and talking about how we are making sure we stay true to the core of the Sly Cooper series – but now I want to start talking about the NEW things we are bringing to Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for PS3

When we played the old Sly Cooper games on the PS2, we loved the stories about the Cooper clan ancestors and their various thieving abilities. Something that is really exciting and fun for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is that you can not only travel back in time to meet these ancestors but you will also have the ability to play as the Cooper Clan ancestors! As you proceed through the game each episode you encounter features a new time period with a new playable ancestor. Each new member of the Cooper clan has their own unique and powerful abilities that opens up a whole new range of game play in the huge environments. This is one of the coolest aspects of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time – meeting these characters, learning more about them, and then getting to experience a whole new set of kick-ass game moves and skills that you have never seen before. Each time a new character in production comes on line and is added to the game, they instantly become my new favorite character of the series!

The first ancestor we want to show off is Rioichi Cooper, the master of the Ninja Spire Landing! We were introduced to him back in the original Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and learned about his cool Ninja ability. Now, when you get to play as Rioichi, you will see how much more powerful the original master’s techniques are. For instance, by focusing his energy Rioichi can execute his Leaping Dragon Technique and span great distances between spires.

Rioichi, it turns out, is not only an uber-Ninja but is also the inventor of sushi, his famous restaurant providing the perfect cover for a night-stalking ninja thief. We really wanted to explore the character of each of Sly’s ancestors (they are all very different in both ability and personality), and this leads to some very entertaining dialogue as they meet and get to know their descendant and his crew. But of course, once Sly is united with his ancestor he becomes one of the gang, hanging out in the hideout ready to venture out for some Ninja Thieving fun at a moment’s notice.

Keep your eyes peeled for the December issue of Game Informer magazine, Tim Turi stopped by the studio last month and took a look at Rioichi in action so you can get to read about his impressions of the game there. Anyway, that’s it for now, but don’t worry, I will be back soon to talk about new characters and other cool stuff in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time as we head towards the new year!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Re: From the blog: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Nov 20, 2011

Hmm a new Cooper to play as...interesting!

I can't wait for this game!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 23, 2011

Ah yes. After seeing newest updates here from this game, I'm even more excited for this game after all. What they need to do for the game is that since it is coming out next year in 2012(marking its 10th anniversary of the series), they should make a Collector's Edition to the game along with the original for it. I have complete faith in Glen Egan and his developers at Sanzaru Games that they are going to make this game justice and give the fans what we really want. I'm really glad that I own the Sly Cooper Collection on my PS3. Because I felt bummed out that I missed out on it during the PS2 era. Like all of you guys, I have become an instant fan to the series. ^^

Sly_Cooper_by_SlyCooperfanclub.jpg

Here's to show my support for our favorite thief. ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Dec 27, 2011

Imagine how epic it would be to play online in Sly 4, that'll be epic, we could have co-operative gameplay with different people being either Sly Cooper, Murray, Bentley, Sly's mates (which he's made through Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves) or Sly's ancesters, and that'll be hectic, or even competitive multiplayer! xDD

I personally cannot WAIT to play Sly 4!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I know this exciting and all but look on the downside. The cutscene they released for sly cooper. Ugh. Sly didnt look like sly.  And where was the trouble. I mean in sly cooper and the theivesus racoonus was all about revenge, theivery and it had plot. Sly2 was there was unfinished bussiness with clockwork. And three was about recovering lost heirlooms in the cooper vualt. Theives in time just seem to be a hero work. Saving the world. Name one time sly saved the world. None zippo. And the eyes! Ugh,  they dont even move like the ps2 collection. Some company named sanzaru is doing this. What is suckerpunch doing. Are they making another game right now. Just take jak for instants when nuaghty dog was going  good. They decide to sell jak to another company and they made jak and daxter lost  frontier and i sucks. No light or dark jak. Theres dark daxter but doesnt make any sense( he would be a dark maker from jak3)

sanzaru should just stop. Before they ruin a great game and thier reputation.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Just settle down! They are just trying to make the fans happy. Besides, if it wasn't for them, the sly cooper series would be finished. They are just trying to bring it back to life. And they aren't ruining it! I think it looks OUTSTANDING!!! But if you want them to end sly cooper and have it end it forever, then that is you. But we want it to keep going !

WAY TO GO SANZARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Actually from what I can tell, this game has nothing to do about saving the world..that just seems to be an unexpected circumstance they are thrown into. I believe the issue that they are facing is that the Thievius Racconus' pages are being elimited from the past, so..to save his family legacy Sly, Bently and Murray travel to the past to stop whoever is doing it. It's very much like the first game..but told in a different way, style and with new featrures etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Design Graduate - UCS class of 2012.
Waiting for: Sly Cooper 4, R&C: Q-Force, Sim City, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (490 Views)
0 Likes