Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
8077 posts

Re: Connection to AR server failed:(((

Feb 12, 2013

Found a possilble fix...  I started using a manual IP Address on my Vita, and I connect to the AR Server first time, every time now.

First of all, you'll need to find out what your Router's IP Address is, because you will be manually entering it using this method.  In my case, my router's IP address is 10.0.0.1 (it could be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, but in any case, should be printed on a label on the back, side or bottom of your router's case).  Also, before you start, you'll want to access your router's control panel (by entering its IP address in a web browser), and check what IP addresses other devices are using on your network (look for something along the lines of 'Attached Devices').  If you use an IP address already in use, you may run into conflicts.  All of my other devices are using 10.0.0.2-10, so I chose 10.0.0.102 for my Vita (my PS3s are 10.0.0.100 and 10.0.0.101).

Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > Tap the arrow icon to the right of your desired wifi connection > Advanced Settings

You don't need to do anthing with Name, SSID or Security Method here.

IP Address settings: MANUAL

IP Address: 10.0.0.102 (last number can be set to pretty much any number between 2 and 255)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (use this regardless of what your router's IP address is)

Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1 (your router's IP address)

Primary DNS: 10.0.0.1 (your router's IP address)

Secondary DNS: 10.0.0.1 (your router's IP address)

As for once the connection is made, you don't even need to point the camera at the screen.  When the camera is active, just press the L button to go straight to the treasure scan view.  Seems the camera interaction is just window dressing.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (1,133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2398 posts

Feb 23, 2013
This is really pathetic. Why wouldn't they just make it connect through a different not-WiFi connection like remote play can. Looks like another feature ill never be able to use...
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I had no problems connecting, I just don't get what it does.  It will look like I'm standing on top of or in front of a bottle on the Vita, but there won't be one anywhere on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (1,010 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8077 posts

Feb 24, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
This is really pathetic. Why wouldn't they just make it connect through a different not-WiFi connection like remote play can. Looks like another feature ill never be able to use...

That would actually be more difficult to do, and besides that, you are going to be using the AR mode in the same room as your PS3 (since it is only a 'second screen' to the PS3 version, and would be pointless anywhere else).  If you can't get it connected using the same wifi network, what makes you think using a separate network would work?  It uses a completely different interface than remote play.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 2, 2013

guys the thing works i been using ar for over 3 weeks now because of changing my settings on my ps3 and vita only bad thing is you cant get online but other then that it does work try it,i already unlocked everything because of ar it is awesome

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (967 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2398 posts

Mar 2, 2013
"That would actually be more difficult to do, and besides that, you are going to be using the AR mode in the same room as your PS3 (since it is only a 'second screen' to the PS3 version, and would be pointless anywhere else). If you can't get it connected using the same wifi network, what makes you think using a separate network would work? It uses a completely different interface than remote play."
What makes me think it would work is that remote play works and this doesn't........
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (965 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (903 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 10, 2013
I think I know how to fix it. I went it to my network settings on my vita and PS3 and the IP address was different on each. If you make them the same (which I don't know how to do) in sure it will work.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (902 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2398 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Still no fix? Wow. If Sony wants to try and make something to say hey you can do Wii u stuff on our console, they could atleast make it work-_-
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (887 Views)
0 Likes