Jan 07 2011
By: lorddct First Son 6 posts

Singstar US Store has dance plugins as locked?

9 replies 37 views Edited Jan 7, 2011

I wanted to get some singstar dance add-ons for will-i-am, cheryl cole and aqua but the dance add-on says it's locked/unavailable. Why is that?

Also will it be possible to get dance into pass-the-mic?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1849 posts

Re: Singstar US Store has dance plugins as locked?

Jan 8, 2011

This could depend on several things. Do you already own the songs in question? These are just add-ons, so you must own the original song for it to add-on to. If so, do you own them in the same region as the store you're buying from?

For instance, I bought Aqua - Barbie Girl from the UK store. I cannot purchase the dance add-on from the USA store. I'd have to either buy the add-on from the UK store, or buy the karaoke AND the dance add-on from the USA store.

I'm pretty sure if you buy the song that the dance add-on requires, it should unlock.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 8, 2011

I have not purchased the song from any singstar store. On the menu if you don't own the song you can purchase both (both are unlocked). I've done that with previous songs. But with these certain ones they don't have it unlocked which makes me worry if I should get it or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1849 posts

Jan 8, 2011

I just went and double-checked to see what you were talking about. I'm having the same issue too. I bought a song I didn't have before, but the add-on was not available for purchase. Looking at the updates, it seems to only be with add-ons from this week. The original pack of dance/guitar add-ons work fine, but the others don't.

This has got to be a bug or something. There are also others reporting this on the PS Blog post of this week's update, but no response yet.

I'd suggest calling technical support, but Sony's support has never been to knowledgeful of Singstar issues.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 9, 2011

Thanks for that. At least I know it's not just me.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 16, 2011

I have the same problem with the song "Barbie Girl".... i've buy the song for my child, and few day after, i want to buy the "dance" add-on, but it locked. all other dance plugin (like rick astley and lady gaga) are good for download, but Barbie Girl is locked.

I've call Sony (800-345-SONY) but nobody have answer.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Songs and DLC get locked every so often. It means they're fixing something in the backend. Be patient. It'll be back.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Thanks for the response. I hope so, I just don't know how well supported Singstar is in North America so it makes me worry. Even with the new music deal with Universal it almost seems like I would be safer to get items from Euro instead .

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Keep me updated if you get any updates. I was also looking forward to getting that dance add-on

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31 posts

Feb 2, 2011

They're unlocked today. Go for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes