Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2009
By: Stach Sackboy 549 posts

Can't Get a Trophy

9 replies 16 views Edited Apr 28, 2009
I'm trying to get the "Gallery Gazer" trophy, I've viewed more than one hundred snapshots, videos, and audio playbacks. I then tried going in numerical order from video number 1 to video 120 (then the same with snapshots, and audio), I've even tried viewing videos in the three singstar sections "latest media" , most popular, best all time or something like that, anyways, there's three sections you can view media from. Still... that trophy doesn't appear. I even got a trophy before AND after trying so my trophies are working... please help

BTW, I looked for an answer already couldn't find it, if there is one, please just reply with the appropriate link... thanks
stach
Message 1 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Re: Can't Get a Trophy

Apr 28, 2009
Are you watching/listening to the full clips?
-------------------------------------

Message 2 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, I've noticed ratings won't count unless you watch/listen to the entire clip.  I'm guessing it's the same things and you have to watch/listen to the entire clip to get credit for it. 

This could take a while to reach 100, especially with the audio clips, which last close to the entire length of the song.

This is another trophy that is doable, but kind of a drag and time consuming.

punisher153
Message 3 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Apr 28, 2009
er.... no we're not. If I have to listen to 100 crappy singing full length clips, the trophy ain't worth it lol. That makes sense though.. thanks for your help. IMO, these are the worst trophies any game has come out with, 200 views in a week?!!! the top videos don't even HAVE 200 views. Anyways.. again thanks for the help, I'll go back to games that I can get the trophies and don't have to rely on other ppl to get them for me....
stach
Message 4 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 28, 2009

Stach wrote:
er.... no we're not. If I have to listen to 100 crappy singing full length clips, the trophy ain't worth it lol. That makes sense though.. thanks for your help. IMO, these are the worst trophies any game has come out with, 200 views in a week?!!! the top videos don't even HAVE 200 views. Anyways.. again thanks for the help, I'll go back to games that I can get the trophies and don't have to rely on other ppl to get them for me....

EXACTLY.  The 1000 4 star ratings and 8000 views ones are even worse.  I give up on trophies for this game till they fix it.

punisher153
Message 5 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Apr 29, 2009
unfoirtunately, i don't think they will change those ones, it's the same as the 10,000 kills on competitive for Resistance 2. That one, I'm an average gamer, and can only get 8-12 kills per match, that's ALOT of matches, it'll take me six months to accomplish. I understand they do these for incentive, but at least R2 I can achieve EVENTUALLY on my own, Singstar relies on other people to VIEW my content, unless my GF dresses up and is an amazing singer, then I'm basically SOL lol
stach
Message 6 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Apr 29, 2009

FWIW, I'm doing the "gallery gazer" one on my PSP via remote play, while I do something else more worthwhile, like watching TV, browsing the web, or contemplating the nature of the universe.

YMMV.

Message 7 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Apr 30, 2009

Stach wrote:
unfoirtunately, i don't think they will change those ones,

Yeah, I know your probably right.  That's the only way I'm gonna get the Platinum trophy though, so, I'm just hoping.

I'm all for making trophies difficult, like the R2 trophy you mentioned.  But this one is impossible unless you really are blessed with a great singing voice and your video catches on. 

I've got one video in the Hall of Fame, but it's on the last page and I know when it gets pushed out it will stop getting views.  I haven't even hit 100 views on it yet and its been up for months.

I have a feeling being American doesn't help you either with this trophy. Ever feel like Singstar is a clique that doesn't want you in?  I do.  No Crystal Mics, no US-friendly Singstore updates.  Why do I even like this game? 

punisher153
Message 8 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Apr 30, 2009
I think the company actually expected more buyers. Fact is there's other singing games for PS3 that are better, I think sum of the AmericanIdol ones (I hate that show) you can even customize your own character. People like having more option. Not being limited by one or two eras of music would help ALLOT also. IM sure people have said it before. Basically there overestimating there own game while the consumer is underestimating it. LOL YOU HAVE TO LOVE IRONY!!!

photo sig2_zps9c48814a.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 1, 2009
Agreed on both counts. I wish to hell they didn't allow for created games in R2 to count towards your kills.
Message 10 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes