Treasure Hunter
4907 posts

Re: ~ Silent Hill HD Collection Information Thread ~

Jul 2, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Anyone still playing the games?  I just started SH2 this week and it doesn't have any lag so far; I just beat the second boss.  I'm curious if anyone is still having lag problems with either game or did they fix it?  I don't remember downloading a patch, but it could have been a PS+ thing or I just forgot about doing it when I first started it (I picked it up about a month ago, just didn't play until now).

The voice acting is ok.  I really don't like Maria, and Eddie isn't as good as the old one, but James is pretty good, I think.

I did a playthrough of SH2. I find them playable, very few odd glitches here and there but it's still much playable. Silent Hill 3 on the other hand has terrible slowdowns but I can still play through it from beginning to end. There is another patch coming out soonish, don't know when though -_-.

As an update they're still working on getting patches out for the HD Collection and Downpour. The HD Collection will be coming out first.

Message 61 of 69 (620 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12139 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

tack129 wrote:

JERM7 wrote:

Anyone still playing the games?  I just started SH2 this week and it doesn't have any lag so far; I just beat the second boss.  I'm curious if anyone is still having lag problems with either game or did they fix it?  I don't remember downloading a patch, but it could have been a PS+ thing or I just forgot about doing it when I first started it (I picked it up about a month ago, just didn't play until now).

The voice acting is ok.  I really don't like Maria, and Eddie isn't as good as the old one, but James is pretty good, I think.

I did a playthrough of SH2. I find them playable, very few odd glitches here and there but it's still much playable. Silent Hill 3 on the other hand has terrible slowdowns but I can still play through it from beginning to end. There is another patch coming out soonish, don't know when though -_-.

As an update they're still working on getting patches out for the HD Collection and Downpour. The HD Collection will be coming out first.

They really are taking their sweet time with those patches. I don’t have PlayStation 3 versions of Silent Hill: Downpour or the Silent Hill HD Collection but I would be lying if I said that the frame rate issues in the former don't bother me. *eagerly awaits a patch for this video game*

With that being said, I haven’t started playing the games in my copy of the Silent Hill HD Collection although I'm looking forward to doing so. I did start playing through Silent Hill: Downpour but I put it down (probably because of the frame rate issues). I’m sure it won’t be too long before I look at these video games again. I was actually supposed to write a video game review for Silent Hill: Downpour but never got around to it (oops).  

Edit: I lost all of the YouTube videos in the original post when I edited it in order to make it look more presentable.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 62 of 69 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Jul 7, 2012

so, still no word on the patches? The longer this goes I'm beginning to wonder if A) the patch will even release or B) there won't be a patch. T.T

Message 63 of 69 (594 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5692 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Well, I started playing SH3 the other day and it really is much worse than SH2.  It slows down quite often.

Message 64 of 69 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4907 posts

Jul 10, 2012

There is a rumour that the Silent Hill HD Collection for the PS3 will receive a patch on the 11th of July. Someone received an email from Konami Customer Support explaining the following:

"Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about Silent Hill HD Collection. We are contacting you to inform you that the update for the PlayStation®3 edition of Silent Hill HD Collection will be available for download on July 11th. This update includes fixes that focus on improving or correcting these reported issues:

· Improved Framerate

· Voice Synch is greatly improved

· Missing sounds have been fixed

· Missing music has been addressed

· Fog density issues are resolved

· Other minor visual/audio improvements

Thank you again for your patience and continued support while we worked to resolve these issues.

Best Regards,

Konami Customer Support"

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632692-silent-hill-hd-collection/63367241

Message 65 of 69 (571 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4907 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

Double post sorry.

Anyway I just downloaded the latest patch and here's what I've found.

- The Pyramid Head scene has been fixed.

- Feels far more smoother than before .

- The scene where James meets Maria for the first time. The fog has been fixed.

- Fog feels a bit thicker.

- Lipsync has improved

- In some areas for SH3, slowdowns have been reduced heavily, I played the mall part, the subway and the very beginning of the game.

Overall it has, for the most part, fixed some of the main problems with the collection and I'm pleased. I haven't played the riverboat part yet but I will do so at some point.

Message 66 of 69 (565 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5692 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Well, I got the platinum trophy for SH3 earlier tonight.  It was greatly improved by the patch, but far from perfect.  I played through it completely 5 times (normal ending, possessed, 2 more to get enough kills, and UFO).  It froze twice on me - once in a "6th" playthrough which I didn't get to finish; I was going for the 2 saves trophy.  The audio synch is still bad in cutscenes.  I hadn't noticed it before the patch, but I only played 30-60 min.  There is a bit of lag/slowdown occasionally, but nothing unbearable.  Overall, I'd say if someone was holding off, it is now good enough to play, but, again, far from perfect.

BTW if anyone is going for the platinum, I would recommend a first playthrough on normal or easy combat difficulty.  After beating the game, you can reload a save near the end and beat it 3 more times to get your ammo multiplier up, which will make the next playthrough pretty easy.  Once that is maxed, I would do it on hard or normal.  You need 333 kills combined to get the last ending.  I played on normal, easy, easy, and that wasn't enough (admittedly, my normal playthrough I didn't kill everything I could have).  So my 4th playthrough was on hard (which is surprisingly hard) in order to make sure I had enough kills.  The 5th playthrough took me about 50 min. on easy.  So, I spent about 15 hours to get the platinum; it could be done faster, assuming the game doesn't freeze/you go quickly.  I recommend saving at the apartment when going for the 2 saves trophy; both times it froze for me were after that, and it's about halfway through.

Message 67 of 69 (532 Views)
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Aug 2, 2012

I'm still a little sad about how the Silent Hill HD Collection was treated, but if the new patch is as good as everyone says then I might pick it up (although not at the full retail price).  Hopefully the price will come down to 20 dollars by the time Christmas rolls around. ^_^

Message 68 of 69 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I need that game. :/

Message 69 of 69 (469 Views)
0 Likes