MVP Support
12139 posts

Re: ~ Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection Information Thread ~

Jun 29, 2011

Okay, this thread is relatively up-to-date now.

Check out the "new" articles if you have not already done so. Playing around with the HTML for the original post was a nightmare so I hope all of you get something out of the presentation of this information. With that being said, I’m not too thrilled about the news concerning the “updated” voice acting and the “updated” soundtracks that we will be receiving in the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection. Anyone looking for the original experiences of playing through Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 might be better off finding original copies of these video games.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4492 posts

Jun 29, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Check out the "new" articles if you have not already done so. Playing around with the HTML for the original post was a nightmare so I hope all of you get something out of the presentation of this information. With that being said, I’m not too thrilled about the news concerning the “updated” voice acting and the “updated” soundtracks that we will be receiving in the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection. Anyone looking for the original experiences of playing through Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 might be better off finding original copies of these video games.

I don't think I am going to get the collection. I am not happy with their decision on this. It is just better to stay with the originals.

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 11 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12139 posts

Jun 29, 2011

FreshRevenge wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I don't think I am going to get the collection. I am not happy with their decision on this. It is just better to stay with the originals.

Photobucket

I honestly don’t see how anyone could be happy with these decisions.

Message 12 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Jun 30, 2011

I hate but can understand the voice recasting (i hope they will reconsider) but the music too! Absolutley not, no way, no how. They will not change the music. The music makes silent hill. Akira Yamaoka is a genius and if konami has to change the voices and the music they shouldn't even release the collection. Especually with the recent supreme court decision to consider video games art it would be like changing the color scheme of a van gogh painting. Completely unconscionable.

Message 13 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12139 posts

Jun 30, 2011

SolidusSnake89 wrote:

I hate but can understand the voice recasting (i hope they will reconsider) but the music too! Absolutley not, no way, no how. They will not change the music. The music makes silent hill. Akira Yamaoka is a genius and if konami has to change the voices and the music they shouldn't even release the collection. Especually with the recent supreme court decision to consider video games art it would be like changing the color scheme of a van gogh painting. Completely unconscionable.

If they keep going in this direction then they might as well remake Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. I have a sneaking suspicion that tons of Silent Hill veterans are not going to appreciate the alterations that are being made to these video games in the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection (I certainly don't appreciate them).

Message 14 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Jul 1, 2011

The more I hear about this collection, the less I care for it.  It's like they want to change everything that made the originals great.  Why change the voice acting and the music?  Isn't the point of an hd port to bring the original games to the ps3?  If they want to "update" everything about the original games, they should just remake them.  Then they would just be poor remakes.  But what they're doing here, is an absolute disservice to the fans.  I'll still get it, since I don't have Silent Hill 2 and 3, but I'll always be aware that I'm not playing a faithful port of the original games, and therefore, won't get a truly authentic experience.  Sigh, Konami, you had me excited for this collection.

Message 15 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
12139 posts

Jul 1, 2011

tross88 wrote:

The more I hear about this collection, the less I care for it.  It's like they want to change everything that made the originals great.  Why change the voice acting and the music?  Isn't the point of an hd port to bring the original games to the ps3?  If they want to "update" everything about the original games, they should just remake them.  Then they would just be poor remakes.  But what they're doing here, is an absolute disservice to the fans.  I'll still get it, since I don't have Silent Hill 2 and 3, but I'll always be aware that I'm not playing a faithful port of the original games, and therefore, won't get a truly authentic experience.  Sigh, Konami, you had me excited for this collection.

Life can wait. I have too many games to play.
PS.com MVPs: Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate.

That is a depressing thought if I do say so myself.

I was hoping that the Silent Hill Re-Mastered Collection would be a way for newer video gamers to get their hands on Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 (these video games are not exactly easy to come by) but now I find that too many elements are being manipulated in an attempt to bring these video games to the newer generations. I don’t want to think that the new voice actors and voice actresses will seem out-of-place or that the new musical selections will not be able to capture the atmosphere in these video games in the same manner but I’m prepared for the worst. The more components in these video games that KONAMI decides to manipulate the easier it will be for them to lose their effectiveness. In my honest opinion, Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 are masterpieces because of how everything comes together in these video games (the storylines, the characters, the voice acting, the atmosphere, the enemies, the sound effects, and the soundtrack among other things).

Message 16 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jul 27, 2011

I hate to flog a dead horse but... changing the original vo? I am really pissed about this. I was so exited about this and it is the main release I was looking forward to in september, now I don't even want to buy it. Its bad enough that they are not adding SH4, but the voice acting, really? Yes, I will probably still blow the money on this even though I own SH2-4 on every format released domestically todate as far as I know and play them all over and over again, epecially The Room. I wont like spending the money though. I think it sends the wrong message to Konami. Meh. Why did they have to ever make that godawful movie? It really ruined the franchise.

Message 17 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4492 posts

Jul 27, 2011

thrillboi wrote:

I hate to flog a dead horse but... changing the original vo? I am really ****** about this. I was so exited about this and it is the main release I was looking forward to in september, now I don't even want to buy it. Its bad enough that they are not adding SH4, but the voice acting, really? Yes, I will probably still blow the money on this even though I own SH2-4 on every format released domestically todate as far as I know and play them all over and over again, epecially The Room. I wont like spending the money though. I think it sends the wrong message to Konami. Meh. Why did they have to ever make that godawful movie? It really ruined the franchise.

Trust me the horse can still take a little more flogging. Maybe that would make Konami think Twice before messing  with a classic game as Silent Hill 2 and 3. This was on my "To get list" for September but now I am not going to get it, I plan getting the God of War PSP Titles for the PS3.

Now my only objection is that I don't care for the new voice actors. I don't want James to have another voice at all. My memory of James is set in stone and to hear something totally different would be blasphemy.

It is really sad to see fans of the games still support the decision and buy an Alter copy of the original. It just makes Konami do whatever they want, which isn't okay in my book.

Now I plan on getting Silent Hill Downpour. Since it's brand new. Yet I just can't condone this decision and support it by buying a copy of the HD Collection. Funny they think they can slap HD on it and people would just buy it? I'll just play the original on my SDTV and I will be fine.

I mean it would like be changing the voice of Kratos and make him sound like Barney the dinosaur. Just doesn't fit the original.

Another note, the movie wasn't godawful. I think for a game adaptation for the movie, they did a very decent job. I know they had to make some changes by not having it a carbon copy of the original game. The only thing I was dissappointed was having Pyramid Head show up, since it wasn't even related to the first Silent Hill game. Yet the whole girl flesh ripping scene was classic in my book.

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 18 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Aug 7, 2011

would be worth it if they added the 1st game. i dont know why they decided to leave that one out when thats the one that started it all

Message 19 of 69 (513 Views)
0 Likes