Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 16 2011
By: FreshRevenge Fender Bender 4138 posts

No Pyramid Head in Downpour!

13 replies 861 views Edited Jun 16, 2011

I was reading a lot of articles and apparently there will be no returning characters from the games; says Vatra Tom Hulett. Only references to them maybe. So I can only assume NO PYRAMID HEAD. I mean I love the character of Pyramid Head but I just thought that adding Pyramid Head to Homecoming was just a bad choice. To me what made Silent Hill Homecoming my least favorite was that it had no originality to it. It tried too hard to be a Silent Hill game adding elements from the previous installments and adding something iconic like Pyramid Head into the mix and slapping the Silent Hill label on it.

I know I am in favor of keeping Pyramid Head out of the game, what do you think?

Thanks

FreshRevenge

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 3 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

Re: No Pyramid Head in Downpour!

Jun 16, 2011

FreshRevenge wrote:

I know I am in favor of keeping Pyramid Head out of the game, what do you think?

I don’t want to see Pyramid Head in a Silent Hill video game unless James Sunderland is in it.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 1 of 14 (861 Views)
Survivor
2607 posts

Jun 16, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

FreshRevenge wrote:

I don’t want to see Pyramid Head in a Silent Hill video game unless James Sunderland is in it.

Agreed. Without James Sunderland the purpose of Pyramid Head is nothing.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 18, 2011

aww man no pyramid head? silent hill without pyramid head is like friday the 13th without jason vorhees, i will personaly miss him but from what ive read on downpour, it would be just plain weird if he were in it. and as far as the whole james sunderland thing goes i definitly agree 100% seeing pyramid head without james sunderland just doesnt feel right

Message 4 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

Jun 21, 2011

wolfy176 wrote:

aww man no pyramid head? silent hill without pyramid head is like friday the 13th without jason vorhees, i will personaly miss him but from what ive read on downpour, it would be just plain weird if he were in it. and as far as the whole james sunderland thing goes i definitly agree 100% seeing pyramid head without james sunderland just doesnt feel right

In my honest opinion, it is just plain weird if Pyramid Head is seen in any other video game (or film) besides Silent Hill 2. This manifestation is tied so strongly into James Sunderland’s psyche that putting him anywhere else just encourages people to scratch their heads. I guess this wouldn't bother those individuals who know little to nothing about the events that occur in Silent Hill 2 but it's kind of a slap in the face to the rest of us.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 5 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jul 1, 2011

I'm personally glad. Pyramid Head is iconic, but he shouldn't be the mascot of the series. The reason he was horrifying (besides the man-sized sword and fondness of rape) is that he's strange/weird/odd and his appearance was unexpected. Instead of the Silent Hill 2 feeling of "OH GOD, WHAT IS THAT!?" it's become, "Oh, look. It's Pyramid Head.". I say we need a new creature. A manifestation of the this character's demons. And who's to say it won't be the next "Pyramid Head."

Message 6 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jul 6, 2011

CloudStrife37 wrote:

I'm personally glad. Pyramid Head is iconic, but he shouldn't be the mascot of the series. The reason he was horrifying (besides the man-sized sword and fondness of rape) is that he's strange/weird/odd and his appearance was unexpected. Instead of the Silent Hill 2 feeling of "OH GOD, WHAT IS THAT!?" it's become, "Oh, look. It's Pyramid Head.". I say we need a new creature. A manifestation of the this character's demons. And who's to say it won't be the next "Pyramid Head."

Like the butcher in origins? I know it isn't basically the same thing, but it is a start.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 7 of 14 (861 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 17, 2012
pyramid head is a popular character. but was ment to only be in the world of silent hill 2.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 8 of 14 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Sep 1, 2012
We dont have Pyramid head in Downpour. We have his equivalent with The Boogeyman
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 9 of 14 (803 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

As i know, every character on silent hill has his/her nightmares, and pyramid head is attached to James' psyche in SH2. It wouldn't make any sense to put pyramid head on any other silent hills. UNLESS, the character of a new silent hill enters in a room which shows all memories of previous victims, maybe attached to ALL victims' psyche in form of statues. Then... just then... pyramid head could be there as a statue only as a reminder and nothing more.

Get your Portable ID!

Message 10 of 14 (692 Views)
0 Likes