Jun 21 2011
By: FreshRevenge Fender Bender 3948 posts

Does Silent Hill DP need Trophies?

12 replies 320 views Edited Jun 21, 2011

Hey Silent Hill fans This is FreshRevenge with another thread to discuss something that I had cross my mind. I earlier today posted in another thread about are trophies important to you and it got me thinking of trophies for Silent Hill Downpour. I actually don't think if they said there were trophies in the game? However I was just thinking that I almost don't want trophies for Silent Hill DP. As it is when I play a game I get the trophy indicator that lets me know when I get another trophy from the game I am playing. I don't think on my time playing Silent HIll I want to be bother by trophies alerting me that I just past a certain area. Some trophy lists indicate how many levels are in the game and what things you may be doing in the game to acquire them. So I mean I know it seems like every game has trophies but do you think Silent Hill should have trophies?

Thanks

FreshRevenge

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Re: Does Silent Hill DP need Trophies?

Jun 21, 2011

Trophies are important to me and they give a game some replay value and make me and others buy a horrible game just for the trophies(depending on the price of course).In short all games should have trophies in the best of the PS3 games.   MGS4,DMC4,Assassin's Creed,ETC,ETC.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3948 posts

Jun 21, 2011

shadowhood1111 wrote:

Trophies are important to me and they give a game some replay value and make me and others buy a horrible game just for the trophies(depending on the price of course).In short all games should have trophies in the best of the PS3 games.   MGS4,DMC4,Assassin's Creed,ETC,ETC.

I hope you aren't saying that Silent Hill is a horrible game. You and me will have words and they aren't the pretty kind of words! I again have to disagree on you logic with every game needs trophies!

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 21, 2011

lol well when I wrote that i had Dark Sector in mind so no.I enjoyed Silent Hill but only stuck around until a little after #2.Well yes not Every game needs trophies & I mean PS3 games but a good majority of them should be given trophies(For example:They gave the Star Wars Force Unleashed a trophy patch and it boosted sales) .Metal Gear 4was fun without trophies & I beat it like 7 times but it would be a nice bonus for many old games.Sony saw the fun in trophies thats why you can't find a new PS3 game without them now a days.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Jun 21, 2011

I think trophies are a fun way to stay  competitive and add a lot of replay value to games (I'm level 4!!). That being said a trophy can definitely ruin the mood when they pop up. Can you imagine walking down a scary hallway only to have a trophy alert appear with a mildly amusing name? Instant fear kill.

It would be nice to have an option to turn off trophy alerts from the xmb... at the least it would be considerate of Vatra to place their trophy alerts in non-intrusive moments (like a load screen) or when you are in a relatively quiet location.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2702 posts

Jun 21, 2011

sheik_ah wrote:

I think trophies are a fun way to stay  competitive and add a lot of replay value to games (I'm level 4!!). That being said a trophy can definitely ruin the mood when they pop up. Can you imagine walking down a scary hallway only to have a trophy alert appear with a mildly amusing name? Instant fear kill.

It would be nice to have an option to turn off trophy alerts from the xmb... at the least it would be considerate of Vatra to place their trophy alerts in non-intrusive moments (like a load screen) or when you are in a relatively quiet location.

Yes it does need trophies, (i'm level 13!!)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11000 posts

Jun 21, 2011

All PlayStation®3 video games released since January 2009 (if my memory serves me correctly) have trophy support. There is no reason why Silent Hill: Downpour wouldn’t have it. Does Silent Hill: Downpour need trophies? I think it needs trophies about as much as any other video game. With that being said, it’s not the video games themselves that need trophies (it’s the video gamers). If individuals can be convinced that trophies are actually worth something (whatever that might be) then trophies will be able to sell video games to some degree. I personally don’t need trophies and neither do any of the video games that I add to my video game collection (take that for what it’s worth). Replay value doesn’t come to me in the form of trophies... 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 21, 2011

Yeah actually some pple do have trophy battles.Two people try as hard as they can to beat the other in trophies.Most of the time they are about the same LV of trophies while like I am facing some1 who has 100 more than me. Think I can't do it? Last time I beat him and he had 300 more.LV 15!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2702 posts

Jun 22, 2011

shadowhood1111 wrote:

Yeah actually some pple do have trophy battles.Two people try as hard as they can to beat the other in trophies.Most of the time they are about the same LV of trophies while like I am facing some1 who has 100 more than me. Think I can't do it? Last time I beat him and he had 300 more.LV 15!

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK!

Yeah, my problem is I suck at getting plats, there's always at least one or more trophies I can't manage to get, exspecially if there's difficulty based trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Jun 22, 2011

That I completely agree with.Playing on Hard always makes me nervous.Try checking websites though for tips or youtube.   PS3T.ORG   has trophy guides

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (320 Views)
0 Likes