Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 06 2012
By: Audio_High Splicer 44 posts

Can some one Recommend a Silent Hill game?

5 replies 351 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

I am new to Silent hill and the series the only thing I have of it was the movie can some one recommend me a game from the series that is just captures the heart and soul of Silent Hill.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (351 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

Re: Can some one Recommend a Silent Hill game?

Sep 6, 2012

I think any of the first 3 would be a great introduction to the series.  The first would be the best, but some people can't get past its outdated graphics; playing it on the PSP looks better than on a TV.  The second game is not a direct sequel so you can easily get into that without playing the first; it was my first SH game.  The third is one of my favorites, but its story is closely related to the first game, so it may be best to skip it for now.  The games are pretty much all standalone stories except for 1+3.  I like all the games, but I do think some are much better than others.  To summarize, I would recommend starting with SH2, but another one may be more appropriate to your personal tastes, particularly if graphics are important to you.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (340 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11415 posts

Sep 7, 2012

In my honest opinion, Silent Hill 2 captures the heart and soul of the Silent Hill series.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Ya silent hill 2 was pretty awesome especially since there is multiple endings for the game based on what you do. Also I thought silent hill home coming was pretty cool because you can actually fight people instead of the terrible fighting system on most the other games. But I guess that was to add the more of a survival horror element to it

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 21, 2012
The original Silent Hill or Silent Hill 2 would be a good start since those two are the best games in the series.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18903 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I also think that Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 is a real fine place to start.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (305 Views)
0 Likes